Author Topic: State of Umpiring [merged]  (Read 362351 times)

TigerTimeII

Re: Umpire appreciation round
« Reply #285 on: May 05, 2013, 06:24:11 PM »
cant sleep
every time i close my eyes i see umpires
gonna sue the afl

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #286 on: May 05, 2013, 06:29:45 PM »
Is the dropping the ball rule even around anymore, or are they to busy watching for pushing in the side and sliding  ::)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #287 on: May 05, 2013, 06:43:05 PM »
cant sleep
gonna sue the afl

I get these strange feeling if watching on the TV sometimes.

I find myself looking at the crowd (irate richmond fan) and hoping someone will crack and run onto field and lose the plot at one of these green magg0ts. Im going to talk to a shrink.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #288 on: May 05, 2013, 06:54:55 PM »
Is the dropping the ball rule even around anymore, or are they to busy watching for pushing in the side and sliding  ::)

Ive noticed it basically isn't around any more.  Not just in Richmond games, in general they don't ay it any where near as much as they used to.  It must be deliberate due to the speed of the game, they give players a lot more leeway with dropping it, but not with dragging it in.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #289 on: May 05, 2013, 06:55:25 PM »

4.  3 minutes to go and the ball is near the Geelong wing.  Stokes gets tackled by Newman and illegally disposes of the ball.  The ball bounces around and Selwood grabs it and is pushed by Vlastuin in a carbon copy of the 2 pushes described in decision #3.
What should have been the outcome in fair contest?  A free kick to Newman and a kick into our forward line.
What was the outcome in Appreciation round?  Play on to Stokes and a free kick to Selwood, short pass and a goal to Smedts.

Yes, and that was the one where the intrusive and embarrassing Channel 7 cameras focused on me up and out of my seat, pointing the finger squarely at the green trickles of rectal discharge and chanting "bull$#*" repeatedly at the top of my lungs.

This is the one that I was seething over the most. Stokes had prior opportunity and chose to take Newman, loses and drops the ball. That's a free kick in any level of the game.

There was one I think I the third, Princess Selwood was tackled just after a center bounce... and he places, yes PLACES the ball on the ground.

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 10:24:03 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #290 on: May 05, 2013, 07:09:51 PM »

4.  3 minutes to go and the ball is near the Geelong wing.  Stokes gets tackled by Newman and illegally disposes of the ball.  The ball bounces around and Selwood grabs it and is pushed by Vlastuin in a carbon copy of the 2 pushes described in decision #3.
What should have been the outcome in fair contest?  A free kick to Newman and a kick into our forward line.
What was the outcome in Appreciation round?  Play on to Stokes and a free kick to Selwood, short pass and a goal to Smedts.

Yes, and that was the one where the intrusive and embarrassing Channel 7 cameras focused on me up and out of my seat, pointing the finger squarely at the green trickles of rectal discharge and chanting "bull$#*" repeatedly at the top of my lungs.

This is the one that I was seething over the most. Stokes had prior opportunity and chose to take Newman, loses and drops the ball. That's a free kick in any level of the game.

There was one I think I the third, Princess Selwood was tackled just after a center bounce... and he places, yes PLACES the ball on the ground.

And I loved and appreciated your work RR!!!!    :clapping    ;D

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #291 on: May 05, 2013, 08:01:22 PM »
Thanks Smokey. If we can't keep the bastards honest, then at least we can protest at their dishonesty as loud as possible.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #292 on: May 05, 2013, 08:54:47 PM »
The decision against Adelaide's Thompson was/is a blight on the game.
The frockers are destroying footy  :banghead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #293 on: May 05, 2013, 09:02:56 PM »
Even Geelong supporter think they are getting a dream run with the umps.

"But this year so far i think we are getting a beautiful run from the umpires and no Geelong supporter can complain about the umpiring this year"

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/are-we-getting-a-dream-run-from-the-umpires.1003786/#post-28092638

Maybe we need to get the umps down to Punt Rd as the Cats did over preseason.

"I wonder if we're also benefiting from the fact that when we had our match simulations versus North in the pre-season, we also had the umpires down there explaining their interpretation of various rules? We don't seem to be giving away as many free kicks as we have in the past, and some of that might be knowing what the umpires will/won't allow (although umpires interpretation does change to a certain extent from game to game)."

"Geelong has also completely reversed it's free kicks against this season as last year we were the no.1 team who gave away silly/undisciplined frees and we are currently seeing the benefits of not getting drawn into the crap some of our boys were doing in 2012 and it's paying off as Richmond did what we did last year. "

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #294 on: May 05, 2013, 09:35:37 PM »

Ive noticed it basically isn't around any more.  Not just in Richmond games, in general they don't ay it any where near as much as they used to.  It must be deliberate due to the speed of the game, they give players a lot more leeway with dropping it, but not with dragging it in.

It's a joke, if players aren't diving they're dropping the ball then in the off chance they aren't doing either they're disposing of it correctly

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #295 on: May 05, 2013, 09:53:51 PM »
I would be very appreciative if they would all just FRO :lol

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #296 on: May 06, 2013, 01:12:04 AM »
cant sleep
gonna sue the afl

I get these strange feeling if watching on the TV sometimes.

I find myself looking at the crowd (irate richmond fan) and hoping someone will crack and run onto field and lose the plot at one of these green magg0ts. Im going to talk to a shrink.
I sit up the top so that I don't do this.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #297 on: May 06, 2013, 08:50:04 AM »
my stuffing head is still pounding with rage, but its like peeing in the wind with these cheating arseholes, they get away with whatever they like and laugh behind our backs for peeing us off
Lots of people name their swords......

gerkin greg

« Reply #298 on: May 06, 2013, 11:50:27 AM »
we'd had FOUR free kicks for the game up until the 8:45 min mark of the 3rd qtr, Cats had already notched 14  :banghead

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #299 on: May 06, 2013, 11:58:33 AM »
we'd had FOUR free kicks for the game up until the 8:45 min mark of the 3rd qtr, Cats had already notched 14  :banghead

We'd had 4 in the first quarter though.  :shh