Author Topic: State of Umpiring [merged]  (Read 362544 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Umpire appreciation round
« Reply #375 on: May 20, 2013, 05:27:25 PM »
Sellar spun more than 360 degrees in a tackle and no free either!!

Then chucked it. Bloke doesn't know how to handball. He's a bigger rabble than Rabblebourne themselves.

:lol
OH yeah the misses walked away at that stage I was raging so hard surprised the cops didn't turn up with pepper spray...find a happy stuffing place...
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #376 on: May 20, 2013, 05:40:45 PM »
Giesch, surprise surprise, says the umps did great on the weekend ...

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2013-05-20/umpires-get-it-right

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #377 on: May 20, 2013, 05:44:45 PM »
Sellar spun more than 360 degrees in a tackle and no free either!!

Then chucked it. Bloke doesn't know how to handball. He's a bigger rabble than Rabblebourne themselves.

:lol
OH yeah the misses walked away at that stage I was raging so hard surprised the cops didn't turn up with pepper spray...find a happy stuffing place...
:lol pretty sure someone called the cops on me. Not my fault I can do a better job than these pricks from the grandstand :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #378 on: May 21, 2013, 07:26:52 PM »
Watched the replay.

The third quarter was utterly shocking from an umpiring perspective. There was a period of a few minutes where Jackson was hit high three times in quick succession, none paid. Then Gysberts gets a soft high free kick. Shocking standard of umpiring. Geishen needs to take a leaf out of alcoholics anonymous - first step to resolving a problem is to admit you have a problem.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #379 on: May 21, 2013, 07:30:09 PM »
Watched the replay.

The third quarter was utterly shocking from an umpiring perspective. There was a period of a few minutes where Jackson was hit high three times in quick succession, none paid. Then Gysberts gets a soft high free kick. Shocking standard of umpiring. Geishen needs to take a leaf out of alcoholics anonymous - first step to resolving a problem is to admit you have a problem.

hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #380 on: May 21, 2013, 07:45:28 PM »
Watched the replay.

Is that the same maggot that screwed us against Geelong?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 07:46:34 PM by WilliamPowell »
The club that keeps giving.

Online Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #381 on: May 21, 2013, 08:03:24 PM »
Watched the replay.

What a smug looking twerp. 

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #382 on: May 21, 2013, 08:26:40 PM »
Lol at jizzberts getting a free. He plays for Norf.  :lol

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #383 on: May 21, 2013, 08:27:51 PM »
Watched the replay.

It's the bum that screwed us in dreamtime last year along with Gordy Barrister

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #384 on: May 21, 2013, 08:31:41 PM »
Demetriou admitted on Footy Classified last night that the AFL doesn't have enough experienced and quality umpires to spread around the 9 matches each week. He also mentioned that Gieschen didn't have his best moments when interviewed on On the Couch a couple weeks back trying to explain the rules and interpretations. Andy D said AFL football operations manager Mark Evans may be looking at how the Umpires dept. in structured and rejigging it. Hopefully a sign Giesch might be getting the flick as umpires coach  :pray.

On 3aw tonight, a Tiger supporter rang in about the disgraceful umpiring in Richmond games this year and does a Richmond player need to be killed before things change. However, Caro cut him off saying she doesn't like umpire bashing and that Richmond got the run of the green in the St Kilda game so we can't complain about the umpiring. Gerard Healy then chipped in and said yeah I don't think we'll go with that conspiracy theory.

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #385 on: May 21, 2013, 09:38:12 PM »
I was surprised to see we actually won the free kick count against the skiers on Sunday I was there bashing my head against the fence on numerous occasions!! :banghead :banghead
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #386 on: May 21, 2013, 09:46:05 PM »
Watched the replay.

Ah yes the kid in the schoolyard who was too geeky skinny weak and unpopular who would get bashed tackled and smashed into the ground be forced to sit at the front of the pack with a high ball coming in to have the speccy taken over him and who was picked last at lunchtime in schoolyard footy.

Now he is charge being an ump and retribution is dealt swiftly and harshly turning this schoolyard nerd into an AFL nerd. Still sucking up to the popular kids from Geelong and Essendon and Sydney and Collingwood looking for a free invite to a party some sweet Saturday night when mum and dad away on holiday for the weekend.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #387 on: May 21, 2013, 09:51:12 PM »
It's a face you would never get tired of slappin
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #388 on: May 21, 2013, 10:53:52 PM »
Watched the replay.

Ah yes the kid in the schoolyard who was too geeky skinny weak and unpopular who would get bashed tackled and smashed into the ground be forced to sit at the front of the pack with a high ball coming in to have the speccy taken over him and who was picked last at lunchtime in schoolyard footy.

Now he is charge being an ump and retribution is dealt swiftly and harshly turning this schoolyard nerd into an AFL nerd. Still sucking up to the popular kids from Geelong and Essendon and Sydney and Collingwood looking for a free invite to a party some sweet Saturday night when mum and dad away on holiday for the weekend.

:clapping

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #389 on: May 21, 2013, 11:16:21 PM »
Watched the replay.

Needs to stop ducking his head maybe