Author Topic: State of Umpiring [merged]  (Read 362967 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Umpiring 2014
« Reply #585 on: June 21, 2014, 03:51:56 AM »
Even my Richmond hating mates (including a Swans supporter) reckons we got shafted
No one hates Richmond anymore.
They feel sorry for us that why we're everyone's second team now.

Oh sorry didn't know they were your mates  ::)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #586 on: June 21, 2014, 04:23:01 AM »

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #587 on: June 21, 2014, 10:45:18 AM »
It's bad enough that the the players stop playing football to drop their dacks, bend over and let the opposition bugger them, but to get arse raped by the maggots as well.........

Most of us would have been taught to roll the player with the ball as you tackle them, but this is no longer necessary.

Not only is it now permissible to drive the player into the ground from behind when tackling, you are more likely to get a holding the ball decision if the ball is pinned under them.

The rules for holding the ball are quite clear, and simple really, yet no one has any real idea of what decision the umpire will make when they blow the whistle, except it probably wont be what it should. One thing for sure though, you are better off to be the tackler rather than the bloke playing the ball. (except for a select few of the protected species), which is not how the game should be played.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #588 on: June 21, 2014, 12:13:49 PM »
I know the refs are all over the shop but I hate seeing our players laying there making no attempt. They have made it clear they are looking for genuine attempts but we have nuffers who lay there and don't make an effort

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #589 on: June 22, 2014, 10:27:01 AM »
Heard wayne campbell on the radio yesterday and he was asked about the the ellis decision, where the tackler was pinning the ball to him while he had his hands no where near it.

claimed it was a correct decision as Ellis didn't attempt to dispose of the ball :huh

He never explained how you dispose of the ball when you dont actually have hold of it, but did say that if his life had depended on it he would have done more to get the ball free :huh3

dwaino

« Reply #590 on: June 22, 2014, 10:31:07 AM »
Heard wayne campbell on the radio yesterday and he was asked about the the ellis decision, where the tackler was pinning the ball to him while he had his hands no where near it.

claimed it was a correct decision as Ellis didn't attempt to dispose of the ball :huh

He never explained how you dispose of the ball when you dont actually have hold of it, but did say that if his life had depended on it he would have done more to get the ball free :huh3

Like how Richards did everything he could to get rid of it when he laid on it like a hockey goalie covering a puck in the 4th quarter in our forward 50?

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #591 on: June 22, 2014, 11:20:36 AM »

Like how Richards did everything he could to get rid of it when he laid on it like a hockey goalie covering a puck in the 4th quarter in our forward 50?
What I don't understand is say for example with the Ellis decision if he hasn't got his hands on the ball but the opposition player does then isn't it the opposition player's responsibility to get the ball out. I thought they were bringing a rule in whereby players were pinged for pulling the ball back in after a player legitimately tried to get the ball out.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #592 on: June 22, 2014, 11:27:47 AM »
that was mentioned a few years ago, but i dont think they ever implemented it

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #593 on: June 22, 2014, 11:28:25 AM »

What I don't understand is say for example with the Ellis decision if he hasn't got his hands on the ball but the opposition player does then isn't it the opposition player's responsibility to get the ball out. I thought they were bringing a rule in whereby players were pinged for pulling the ball back in after a player legitimately tried to get the ball out.

To much common sense in your interpretation

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #594 on: June 22, 2014, 02:12:29 PM »
"Umpire boss Wayne Campbell tells @abcgrandstand he agrees with Hardwick. Umpires should've blown whistle quicker with ball ups last night."

"Umpire boss Wayne Campbell concedes on @abcgrandstand umpires are struggling adjudicating the holding the ball decision at times this year."

https://twitter.com/White_Adam

But apart from that the umps are doing great  :P  ;D.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #595 on: June 22, 2014, 02:14:11 PM »
Hardwick mentions the thing that least matters about the umps instead of ripping into them about favouring Sydney all night.

Soft bastard with no manballs
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #596 on: August 16, 2014, 08:33:50 PM »
Stuffing disgraceful maggots

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #597 on: August 16, 2014, 08:34:54 PM »
Very timely bump
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #598 on: August 16, 2014, 08:43:44 PM »
This will make Stevic's greatest hits vs Tigers....  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #599 on: August 16, 2014, 08:44:14 PM »
Been ok for mine.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...