Author Topic: Nat Fyfe reveals he wanted to play for Richmond before being drafted (West Aus.)  (Read 1847 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Nathan Fyfe "reveals" something he's already publicly mentioned several times over the past decade....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Must still be disappointed that We picked conca  above him, but not as much as we are, yet 3 premierships takes away a lot of the disappointment.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
Fyfe went the year before Conca in Dusty's draft but he was still on the board at our second pick which we used on Griffiths - Freo took him with the very next pick... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Did we take Big Bad Benny before Fyfe?

WTF were our recruiters thinking, was that Jacksomething guy in charge back then?

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!

WTF were our recruiters thinking, was that Jacksomething guy in charge back then?

Every club passed on Fyfe , not just us

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Fyfe was a second round pick (pick 20) straight after we took Griffiths at pick 19.

We got Dusty at pick 3 and Astbury at pick 35.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_AFL_draft#2009_national_draft

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame

Every club passed on Fyfe , not just us

Not every club had a pick before 20 but we had two as did Port...the biggest losers by far however were Melbourne who had three picks before 20 and passed on both Martin & Fyfe... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I cant believe it, we could have had Fyfe

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
I cant believe it, we could have had Fyfe

who is responsible for this  >:(
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Fyfe surprised a lot of people.

I've always been more annoyed at Griffiths for being such a let down than at our recruiting team for not picking Fyfe.

Griffiths was 200/101, could run, huge leap, and kick a drop punt 60+ any day. What a shame he was probably softer than Vickery. Built like Tarzan, played like Jane.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
Fyfe was a twig which put a lot of clubs off  and we needed another big bodied KPF with Richo gone....I personally wanted Carlisle at that pick...can't recall many of our supporters wanting Fyfe as I think they had visions of another Fiora over Pavlich scenario... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019

Yes, the one and only Francis “Betamax” Jackson.  :clapping

No one better armed with a remote control than ol’ Betamax!  :rollin

The club that keeps giving.