Author Topic: Hardwick splits from wife  (Read 40994 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Hardwick splits from wife
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2021, 10:22:29 PM »
My Essendon mate reckons he will go to the druggos and win them flags galore

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2021, 05:44:25 AM »
Latest rumour is Leppa taking over on Monday, Dimma gawn  :rollin

Isnt Leppa Gawn too? Thought he left at the end of 2020.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2021, 10:27:45 AM »
I’ve heard the sacking rumour too from a well connected friend. I said that the club would open itself right up by saying that DH has not breached any policies and then they sack him.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2021, 11:03:07 AM »
I mentioned the other day that this wasn’t over but I am hoping my latest source is right which is the club will hold firm on it’s position last Monday.
Based on previous history, we have no reason to think the club will flip flop on such an important issue.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2021, 06:28:09 PM »
3rd coach is Goodwin from Dees

Just saw it on the HUN website
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2021, 04:58:11 AM »
Well Benny doesn't seem to be stressing about this.

https://www.instagram.com/brendongale25/?hl=en

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2021, 08:42:07 AM »
I’ve heard the sacking rumour too from a well connected friend. I said that the club would open itself right up by saying that DH has not breached any policies and then they sack him.

Gez there is some crap going around honestly sacking, playing group in disarray etc etc people got to much time on there hands.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2021, 05:39:47 PM »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 06:02:28 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2021, 05:50:00 PM »
And where did you get the link from?

Anyone can create a link that doesn’t work......

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2021, 05:50:47 PM »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2021, 06:00:41 PM »

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
'Business as usual': Coach's new relationship will not affect Tigers (Age)
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2021, 11:50:30 AM »
'Business as usual': Coach's new relationship will not affect Tigers, says Riewoldt

Anthony Colangelo
The Age
January 11, 2021 — 10.08am

Richmond's Jack Riewoldt believes the breakdown of coach Damien Hardwick's marriage and his new relationship with a club staffer will not affect the playing group in a negative way.

Hardwick recently announced his split with wife Danielle before reports emerged that the three-time premiership coach had begun a relationship with a staffer in the club's commercial sales team.

Richmond last week said the relationship did not breach any of its club policies, while Riewoldt said on Monday that Hardwick had addressed the issue with the playing group.

"I don't think it's going to have any impact really," Riewoldt said. "Damien is a good enough character to separate his personal life from his professional life and he has shown the last four years he has been arguably the best coach in the land and he will continue to support us and we will continue to support him.

"Dimma [Hardwick] sort of already addressed it this morning [in front of the playing group] and it is business as usual for us.

"I suppose it [the news of the split] does [take you by surprise]. You never predict something like this but these things happen in people's lives and we just move on.

"It is obviously sad Dimma and Danielle's marriage has come to an end because Dimma has obviously been a big part of our football club but the whole Hardwick family has been a massive support network for us and they'll continue to be a support network as we will for them

"You never like to see something like a marriage break down and an end but it happens in life and we move on and we continue to support the individuals."

Riewoldt dismissed suggestions that the relationship between Hardwick and the staff member was a poor look from a gender equality standpoint, given Hardwick is in a much more senior position.

"I think that is a really long bow to draw. We feel we have been at the forefront of a lot of issues and women's footy, we are extremely proud of our women's footy program."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/business-as-usual-coach-s-new-relationship-will-not-affect-tigers-says-riewoldt-20210111-p56t4e.html