Author Topic: Info on the Crowd Ballot for Richmond members  (Read 7477 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Info on the Crowd Ballot for Richmond members
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2021, 10:33:31 PM »
I still don’t understand the “digital membership card”

Are we supposed to have a barcode like the one we had on our membership cards.

I was expecting to open the digital membership and find a barcode with my name on it.

I don’t like this new system.

I open it now and all I see is the ticketmaster tickets to the practice game against Collingwood
Tigeritis, your digital ticket for Thursday night will be in your Ticketek account on the Ticketek website. Not ticketmaster this time around.

Ticketek should have also sent you an email with the ticket info and a link to your ticket.

The ticket itself should have a QR code (a 26x26 pixel square box) rather than a barcode. Each ticket has an unique pixelated pattern.

The other thing is while there are caps on crowds, there will be ballots for seats for all home games. So people will receive a new ticket each game. Because there is no guarantee what seat you will get each game
Thank you both for the explanations as I’m still getting my head around it.

I still think the whole thing is very frustrating

I have a Eftpos card and I can put in in my phone so I can use it in my iphone wallet.
I have a Visa card that I have linked to my iPhone wallet.
I have my velocity card in my iPhone wallet.
I even have a village cinema card that I have linked to my iPhone wallet
I’ve even managed to link my Medicare card with an app too

I no longer carry any cards around except my licence.

Now the Richmond app has a “more” section at the bottom of the home page and it opens another menu. One item on that list is titled “digital membership card”

I logged in and linked it to Ticketmaster etc. as I was instructed.

The question I have is why didn’t they just make the same membership card we’ve always had but actually make it digital? Like all my other cards I’ve just mentioned?

It’s all just pointless unless I “buy” or register a ticket I won’t have a barcode or anything substantial as an actual membership with my name and ID number on it and maybe even a barcode on the bottom like the membership card had.
What’s the point of the “digital membership”

I could just use my Ticketmaster account or my ticketek account without the need of using the Richmond app at all.

With my card in past years I could just rock up to a game even last minute as it’s always on my lanyard in the car. If I was able I would just rock up any time to any match Richmond is playing (unless ticketed)

This system makes even the “digital membership” pointless.

Unless I’m doing something completely wrong, like I said I’m not a fan of this new system at all. It lacks the feel of belonging. It’s all too vague.

Does anyone else feel this way or is it just me?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Info on the Crowd Ballot for Richmond members
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2021, 04:00:53 PM »
TICKETING UPDATE

The public ticket allocation for @Richmond_FC v @CarltonFC on Thursday, March 18 at the @MCG has officially sold out.

No further tickets will be released for sale.

No membership scans or tickets will be available on match day.

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1372019232901267458

There were a limited number of tickets to the general public sold earlier today, so all RFC members who wanted to go must have got tickets.