Author Topic: DreamTime ceremony  (Read 9482 times)

Ox

DreamTime ceremony
« on: May 07, 2006, 03:08:43 PM »
Indigineous people better thank God they have Christine Anu because musically they have nothing.
Who was the  large bloke singing with Rene.Absolute shocker.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 09:54:39 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Capt. Revenge

• Future Richmond star
  • for i was so much older then.............
Re: DreamTime ceremony
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 06:11:59 PM »
Indigineous people better thank God they have Christine Anu because musically they have nothing.
Who was the large bloke singing with Rene.Absolute shocker.

This is a disgraceful post.  You should be ashamed of this racist rubbish.

What grounds do you have to claim he was an alcoholic? 
Was it because he was black?

Shame shame shame
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 09:55:06 PM by WilliamPowell »
there is no success like failure and failure is no success at all

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 06:21:45 PM »
Who was the large bloke singing with Rene.Absolute shocker.

I don't know who he was but he was rubbish. Tried to smooth his way onto Renee at the end of the song with a bit of chat but I'm looking at the state of the fat pr!ck and just LingMAO.

Was an ordinary spectacle I thought, maybe i was just itching to see the game, but watching that tribal woman bumbling through her speech was very testing.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 09:55:37 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 06:39:08 PM »
I met Kutcha Edwards at the The Palais in Hepburn Springs on the night of the rugby world cup and he had me on stage singing the chorus of that song that they all sang last night.

I chatted to him for a long time after he performed and he told me he was a reformed alcoholic. He also told me he was of the stolen generation and that he was 36 years old. I tried to suggest in my usual subtle style  ;)  that he was too young for that particular line and that he needed to put all that symbolism behind him and be more pro-active. He seemed to me to have an attitude of being hard done by in life. He is a good bloke though, very amiable and he loved my singing  :bow

Last night he was appalling - it was a rubbish song and he actually can't sing in my opinion.

Can anyone explain what the whole show was about - too much empty symbolism for me and in the past couple of years that elder has welcomed me about six times at various events - thanks lady but I don't need any more gum leaves. Also what is Michael Long actually trying to say - he didn't walk to Canberra and the PM said he'd see him any time he wanted. I understood he only got to Wangaratta?  I'm sure he's well intentioned but I'm not sure what he has in mind to actually do. Cathy Freeman wore her best jeans. Peter Garrett said what? The other singers were good.

The guy I felt sorry for was Monkhurst - shown on the big screen shaking hands with Saint Michael as a representative of the token racist.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 07:23:34 PM by MJS »

Moi

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 07:06:08 PM »
I met Kutcha Edwards at the The Palais in Hepburn springs on the night of the rugby world cup and he had me on stage singing the chorus of that song that they all sang last night.

I chatted to him for a long time after he performed and he told me he was a reformed alchoholic. He also told me he was of the stolen generation and that he was 36 years old. I tried to suggest in my usual subtle style  ;)  that he was too young for that particular line and that he needed to put all that symbolism behind him and be more pro-active. He seemed to me to have an attitude of being hard done by in life. He is a good bloke though, very amiable and he loved my singing  :bow

Last night he was appalling - it was a rubbish song and he actually can't sing in my opinion.

Can anyone explain what the whole show was about - too much empty symbolism for me and in the past couple of years that elder has welcomed me about six times at various events - thanks lady but I don't need any more gum leaves. Also what is Michael Long actually trying to say - he didn't walk to Canberra and the PM said he'd see him any time he wanted. I undrstood he only got to Wangaratta?  I'm sure he's well intentioned but I'm not sure what he has in mind to actually do. Cathy Freeman wore her best jeans. Peter Garrett said what? The other singers were good.

The guy I felt sorry for was Monkhurst - shown on the big screen shaking hands with saint Michael as a representative of the token racist.
Whatever he is trying to get across would be totally lost on meathead football supporters who think they can sing  ;)
The problem with their movement is they have no great spokesmen/women.  Michael is a terrible speaker.
Last night was too long, the message shoddy (if there was one) and not for your average footy supporter. 
I really do support them, but I was sitting there saying hurry up and play some footy lol
Celebrate the Aboriginal footballers, but save the politics of it for another day and another audience.
Can't imagine what they were thinking of when they invited that bloke to sing. 

Offline Capt. Revenge

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 07:15:25 PM »
so we just need some plastic manufactured australian idol crap then?

Jackstar

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 07:30:49 PM »
I thought the glass boomerang that Polo got for BOG was a joke. What if he tried to throw it ::)

Offline Capt. Revenge

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 07:33:43 PM »
since when do u throw awards and trophies around?  unless u are peter moore of course!

Jackstar

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 07:38:45 PM »
Can just see it now, the boomerang on his mantle piece ::)
At least the club got a crystal vase for the win

Offline General Disregard

• Future Richmond star
  • Forward !!! he cried from the rear
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 07:49:50 PM »
For his first game he would have been wrapped no matter what the shape of the award
:pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

Please please please

Offline Capt. Revenge

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 07:51:14 PM »
do u think they put flowers in the vase, jackstar?

some of u need to start thinking about some bigger isssues!

Jackstar

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 07:53:13 PM »
do u think they put flowers in the vase, jackstar?

some of u need to start thinking about some bigger isssues!

I didnt say there was anything wrong with the vase.
The kid looked stunned when he received the Boomerang.

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2006, 07:54:48 PM »
Bigger issues?

Such as?

Jackstar

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2006, 07:56:21 PM »
Bigger issues.
Maybe Longy walked to Euroa and not Wangaratta  ::)
They still say he walked to Canberra in yesterdays paper :lol

Offline Capt. Revenge

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2006, 08:00:38 PM »
if any of you seriously believe that koories have nothing musically, as someone outrageously claimed in this thread then i suggest u take a listen to archie roach.

he is possible the great australian singer. he is amazing.  have a listen to 'charocoal lane,' 'jamu dreaming,' waiting for butterboy' and the marvellous 'sensual being.'

i defy u not to be moved.