Author Topic: Neville Roberts interview (RTOO)  (Read 1009 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Neville Roberts interview (RTOO)
« on: January 03, 2022, 06:45:41 PM »
Neville Roberts interview (from Richmond Tigers of Old Facebook group):

Read full Q&A interview here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2297566937190272/posts/3091962027750755/

----------------------------

A couple of snippets:

NR: We used to run the tan around the botanical gardens. Balmey, Robbie McGee and the Whale would cut through and disappear off the track and have a couple of cans then put some water on their heads and come back to the club. (Laughs)

NR: [Royce Hart] probably didn’t play the most games but, played in premierships. When things were tough and we needed 3 goals in five minutes he’d kick them. He did it one day at Moorabbin. I was playing in the centre. I shook my head I couldn’t believe what he was doing. He kicked the last one with his left foot inside the boundary line with a drop punt! He was almost ridiculous.(Laughs) You’d have to put him first because of his ability to do that. He did it so often it was no accident. Some players just know and their intuition brings them into the game. A lot of players can just do that like Dusty does now.

DC: Just on being connected as a club. Do you think the ability to have fun and bond as a team and play for your mates is the key to being a successful side?

NR: Absolutely. Neil Balme has been a feature of that at the Tigers and he’s done it at other clubs. Recently I had the honour of presenting Rhyan Mansell with his first jumper in Adelaide before his first game. I made mention that every time Richmond have success it seems to be around other people. It’s not just the players either, it goes right to the top and that’s no accident.
Richmond are very well placed with that at this time, with Peggy and Brendon. Then there’s the quality of the players. Have a look at the humility and honesty of Richmond now. It’s not just about the KPI’s and the determination and extras . It’s about loving the bloke you’re playing with next to you. Humility and dedication, when you get these things right, which Richmond have done recently from the top to the bottom, you’ll have success. They’ve done that and had the window of success and it’s still open.

Read full Q&A interview here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2297566937190272/posts/3091962027750755/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond