Author Topic: Richmond vs Melbourne @ the MCG --- Anzac Eve, Round 6, 2021  (Read 16164 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richmond vs Melbourne @ the MCG --- Anzac Eve, Round 6, 2021
« Reply #225 on: April 29, 2021, 07:19:51 PM »
Watching some of the footage of last week on various footy shows since only damns our movement of the ball and the ineffectiveness of our small forwards even more. With Tomlinson on Jack, it left the taller Lever on either Aarts or Rioli with Hibberd temporarily on the other who had pushed up to HB when the ball was in our backline.

There was one play shown where we had the kick-in and Hibberd just ran off Rioli at our HB line to man up on Dusty at HF. That allowed Lever to not worry about Dusty and push up to the wing. Despite Rioli now being free just inside the centre square at CHB, our backline just predictably bombed it down the line to a free Lever who intercepted :facepalm.

I hope Dimma next time we playing Melbourne learns from last week and remembers the 2017 GF when he made Lever accountable by playing Townsend on him as a taller defensive forward. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #226 on: April 29, 2021, 07:45:45 PM »
Watching some of the footage of last week on various footy shows since only damns our movement of the ball and the ineffectiveness of our small forwards even more. With Tomlinson on Jack, it left the taller Lever on either Aarts or Rioli with Hibberd temporarily on the other who had pushed up to HB when the ball was in our backline.

There was one play shown where we had the kick-in and Hibberd just ran off Rioli at our HB line to man up on Dusty at HF. That allowed Lever to not worry about Dusty and push up to the wing. Despite Rioli now being free just inside the centre square at CHB, our backline just predictably bombed it down the line to a free Lever who intercepted :facepalm.

I hope Dimma next time we playing Melbourne learns from last week and remembers the 2017 GF when he made Lever accountable by playing Townsend on him as a taller defensive forward.

We haven’t lost to the same team twice since the start of 2017  :shh

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #227 on: April 30, 2021, 08:24:52 AM »
Also just watched the replay. The dees were very good.

Our best - Pickett (best game he has played for us), Edwards, Graham and Reiwoldt.

Lynch took a total of 2 marks both marks he was positioned in front of the defender.
He isn’t ever going to win contested marks playing May from behind unless he’s going to stand on his head, he just looks lazy to me.
Riewoldt the only forward looked like he was trying and playing in front.

Rioli was woeful as was Aarts as was Castagna. Not one of them provided anything up forward
And they allowed the dees to just run out of defence with ease. Aarts defensive stats were actually the best of the three but watching the game live and on tv I didn’t see anything from any of them. I didn’t notice Castagna at all. Rioli is the most frustrating of all three.
I’m still unsure exactly who was responsible for Salem  :facepalm

McIntosh also had a bad day.

I reckon we will smash them if we play them again.
The club that keeps giving.

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #228 on: April 30, 2021, 12:16:55 PM »
I can’t remember what year it was. But there was this phase where Riewoldt for reasons I don’t know why he was trying to put wrestle his opponents when he should have been playing in front or leading and flying.

It’s mind boggling why lynch isn’t crashing the packs more often and I can’t help but feel it’s been a coaching directive or it’s a fear of getting suspended

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #229 on: April 30, 2021, 12:30:46 PM »
I reckon injuries have got the better of Lynch. He is not moving well at all.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #230 on: April 30, 2021, 01:14:28 PM »
Hard to crash packs when the ball is more often than not being bombed over our forwards heads.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #231 on: April 30, 2021, 01:18:52 PM »
Hard to crash packs when the ball is more often than not being bombed over our forwards heads.

Sure but I think most people are referring to the times when the ball is in Lynch’s vicinity and he fails to have any sort of meaningful impact on the contest.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #232 on: April 30, 2021, 03:10:51 PM »
His played that role crushing packs and one on one role and played it well either is directed coaching or his injured.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #233 on: April 30, 2021, 04:03:05 PM »

Tiger Khosh gets it
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #234 on: April 30, 2021, 04:33:05 PM »
Think real issue is that he's just playing like shyte... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #235 on: April 30, 2021, 04:45:37 PM »
Think real issue is that he's just playing like shyte... :shh

:yep