Author Topic: Richmond vs Melbourne @ the MCG --- Anzac Eve, Round 6, 2021  (Read 16185 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Melbourne @ the MCG --- Anzac Eve, Round 6, 2021
« Reply #210 on: April 25, 2021, 02:02:52 PM »
It’s hard to stay at the top people.

The dip will come eventually.

Agree. Houli should be playing his last season. Need to start to get games into younger players.

Offline Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #211 on: April 25, 2021, 08:54:57 PM »
I think it’s time to play Caddy up forward, he is a goal kicker and can take a mark. The other smells aren’t applying enough pressure or getting touches / kicking goals so may as well play someone up there who commands some respect from a decent defender. Might give Lynch and Jack a chance to get their hands on it instead of being 3 v 1 all the time.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #212 on: April 26, 2021, 01:17:08 AM »
Someone tell these blokes to pin the arms in the tackle. No point giving them a hug around their waste and leaving them perfectly capable of getting a handball or kick away.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #213 on: April 26, 2021, 04:43:51 AM »
Been saying it all year - the pee poor tackling is as big an issue as anything...Lambert, Aarts and Rioli the worst serial offenders but it's spread through entire side... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #214 on: April 26, 2021, 04:27:44 PM »
Mid-table Tigers

Richmond could not exploit what has previously been the way to beat Melbourne. The Demons normally beat most teams on the inside of the contest but then lose it for leg speed once the ball gets outside. Richmond planned to be able to overrun Melbourne with pace, and couldn’t do it.

Partly that was because in the wet the Tigers played safe and didn’t use the width of the ground as they normally would to bring runners into the game. They worked it through the corridor where Melbourne found it easier to defend. They were also outworked by Melbourne who had the greater intensity and desire for the ball and made Richmond look flat.

Richmond now face their biggest challenge, sitting as a mid-table side. They have not been the same without Nick Vlastuin and now they have to play a rare game without Dusty Martin, who was concussed in his 250th, and with Dylan Grimes among the injured with Kane Lambert.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/afl/four-points-demon-flag-not-so-fanciful-tigers-biggest-challenge-top-pick-thrills-20210425-p57m7h.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #215 on: April 26, 2021, 04:28:10 PM »
AFL Report Card: Round 6

Max Laughton, Ben Waterworth, David Zita and Matt Balmer
Foxsports
26 April 2021

RICHMOND

That was a great start... and then a whole lot of nothing. After impressing in the opening minutes, the premiers were kept to just six goals, as the Demons totally controlled general play and got the well-earned win. We’re still not worried about the Tigers, but you’d like to see a little bit more in such a big game; it’s one of their lowest scores at the MCG in this current dynastic era.

In the votes

Shane Edwards (24 disposals, two goals) was a welcome dose of pure class on a night where Richmond simply couldn’t kick, and Toby Nankervis (22 disposals, seven clearances) more than held his own.

Room for improvement

Have you ever seen a Tigers team, in this era, with such a low skill level? 13 Richmond players had disposal efficiency worse than 65 per cent, as they butchered the ball constantly in admittedly difficult conditions. It didn’t help that Melbourne is the best team in the league at defending inside 50s, but we thought going in Damien Hardwick’s side would be the one to exploit the Demons. Instead, the Tigers were the ones exploited.

Grade

D+

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-report-card-round-6-2021-afl-analysis-every-club-graded-best-and-worst-players-votes-reaction-news/news-story/93850858bed0246f128ee0d5a50cb27e

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #216 on: April 26, 2021, 04:42:54 PM »
What did we all think of Kysaiah Pickett's mouthing off and pointing to the scoreboard at our players?

Nothing to see here, part of the game and we'll forget about it OR something we'll put in the memory bank for the next time we play the Dees possibly in a final in September?

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/melbourne-sledge-richmond-kysaiah-pickett-points-to-scoreboard-after-goal-kane-cornes/d1f81d7b-5544-4bc3-9cb0-151c105b32ce

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #217 on: April 26, 2021, 05:14:18 PM »
What did we all think of Kysaiah Pickett's mouthing off and pointing to the scoreboard at our players?

Nothing to see here, part of the game and we'll forget about it OR something we'll put in the memory bank for the next time we play the Dees possibly in a final in September?

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/melbourne-sledge-richmond-kysaiah-pickett-points-to-scoreboard-after-goal-kane-cornes/d1f81d7b-5544-4bc3-9cb0-151c105b32ce

What about when he put the knee on one of our players face same scenario as Lynch last year yet he got murdered.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #218 on: April 26, 2021, 08:00:00 PM »

that stuffin little idiot needs to be taught a lesson.

not even treloar was that bad in his cotchin chat

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #219 on: April 26, 2021, 09:44:15 PM »
Coaches votes: (Hardwick & Goodwin)

Melbourne v Richmond

10 Christian Salem (MELB)
7 Christian Petracca (MELB)
6 Jake Lever (MELB)
3 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
2 Max Gawn (MELB)
2 Tom McDonald (MELB)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/603123/coaches-votes-r6-macrae-denied-10-which-christian-came-out-on-top

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #220 on: April 28, 2021, 12:17:48 PM »
After watching the game live I was extremely disappointed in the effort. I don't get to go to games often so like to see effort even if we don't win.
Today I got to sit down on watch the replay, I like to do this after seeing a game live as it always a different view. This time it really was. I don't think it was as one-sided as it seemed at the ground. The margin at the end didn't reflect the game. We had the better of most of the first half but didn't get the results from it. I think we had too many forwards that were either down on form or just plain passenger's.

Good + were. Nank, Bolton, Edwards, Picket, Baker. Sure they made some errors but in general they were good.
Ok . Most of the backline,
Poor. Most of the rest with the exception of the following who were worse than poor.
Costania, Rioli, Aarts. Lynch.

With the injury list we have and some poor form I expect to see some changes. Who exactly to bring in I don't know as I haven't seen any seconds football. People were worried at this time last year with the injuries we had then but we came good. Hopefully we can turn it around again and after watching the replay I don't feel it's a bad as some here say.

Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #221 on: April 28, 2021, 01:31:25 PM »
We are conceding a lot of goals from fast breaks which beat our zone and result in easy uncontested marks in the forward line or over the top goals from the goal line. Vlastuin being out isn’t helping this as together with grimes is our leader and communicated back there.

Same thing was happening at the start of last season (i.e. saints and hawks game) and we managed to turn that around towards the bye so I wouldn’t be too concerned.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #222 on: April 28, 2021, 03:56:51 PM »
Dimma today:

“We have got to do a lot of things better. We left a lot of opportunities on the table last week. We had 60 entries against the second best side in the comp. We just didn’t use the ball well enough.

“We always look at a loss as a gift.”

Source: The Age
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 04:15:16 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #223 on: April 28, 2021, 03:59:18 PM »
Dimma today:

“We have got to do a lot of things better. We left a lot of opportunities on the table last week. We had 60 entries against the second best side in the comp. We just didn’t use the ball well enough.

Source:[/i] The Age

Not sure that’s the right thing to say about any loss. Sure u can learn from it but to say it’s a gift is stupid. Last thing we need is a gift that keeps on giving!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #224 on: April 28, 2021, 04:14:23 PM »
Dimma today:

Source:[/i] The Age

Not sure that’s the right thing to say about any loss. Sure u can learn from it but to say it’s a gift is stupid. Last thing we need is a gift that keeps on giving!

But they've been saying it since 2018 now, nothing new
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)