Author Topic: Changes for next week against the Crows?  (Read 7446 times)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week against the Crows?
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2021, 09:00:04 AM »
Cotchin
Prestia
Bolton
CCJ
Caddy
All in

Ross
Ralphsmith
Naish
Pickett
Castagna
All out
I don’t disagree with your changes but Your keeping Rioli in? Why?

Prefer him over Castagna

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2021, 01:57:43 PM »
Cotchin
Prestia
Bolton
CCJ
Caddy
All in

Ross
Ralphsmith
Naish
Pickett
Castagna
All out
I don’t disagree with your changes but Your keeping Rioli in? Why?

Prefer him over Castagna

I'd keep Castagna and drop Rioli

Some of his "efforts" chasing on Saturday night (not picked up on the TV) were pathetic, not existent

I've had enough of those "efforts"
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2021, 06:53:48 AM »
It is a must win game against the Crows so if Cotchin, Prestia and Bolton are fit I would bring them in. Caddy and CCJ hopefully are being considered. I think an eye for the future needs to be maintained and therefore games put into RCD and Ralphsmith. Stack is also pressing for selection and hopefully is in the mix.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2021, 09:25:25 AM »
Out:
Naish
Ross
Ralphsmith
Houli
Castagna
Astbury
Rioli

In:
Cotchin
Edwards
Prestia
Bolton
CCJ
Dow
Caddy

Pickett to get off on appeal

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2021, 11:40:16 AM »
No AFL coach of a team still in contention let alone Hardwick is going to make seven unforced changes.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2021, 02:19:39 PM »
Out:
Pickett (only because suspended)
Rioli
Naish
Ralph
Ross

In:
Cotchin
Prestia
Bolton
Edwards
CCJ

Although it looks like Pickett might get off IMO.

In which case, drop Houli. Cotchin rotate HBF with guys like Short, Baker, Vlastuin etc.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2021, 03:07:11 PM »
No AFL coach of a team still in contention let alone Hardwick is going to make seven unforced changes.... :shh

Only Luke Beveridge who is cuter than Chris Scott at coaching tactics and player selection and look what happened to him when he made 5 changes for the game against us a month ago...
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2021, 03:44:09 PM »
I think Ben Miller should play next week. Give Astbury a rest.
I would love to see that as Astbury has been ordinary. Is Miller ready for a gig though?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2021, 03:59:32 PM »
Hmm it should be a no brainer that both Castagna and Rioli are dropped. My god they have been awful for weeks now.

I dont see a spot for old panic pants Houli gets the ball but fmd he is horrid. Time to move on imo.
Cant see Naish making it so so soft. Jack Ross also has struggled a fair bit time to send him back to the two's for a month and just get some continuity and confidence into him.

Reckon all of Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards and Bolton will play and we just have to bite the bullet and give CC-J a run of games ffs.

Its Simple Bolton for Rioli, Edwards for cantkickya, Prestia for Ross. Cotchin for Naish and i personally would do CCJ for old panic pants, it wont happen though they will probably drop Hugo for CCJ. I also hope they seriously look at Miller for Astbury.

Broad - Astbury/Miller - Grimes
Short - Balta - Vlastuin

Pickett - RC-D - McIntosh
Nankervis - Cotchin - Prestia

Bolton - Lynch - Edwards
Aarts - Riewoldt - Martin

Baker - Graham - Ralphsmith/Houli - CC-J

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2021, 04:18:44 PM »
Hmm it should be a no brainer that both Castagna and Rioli are dropped. My god they have been awful for weeks now.

I dont see a spot for old panic pants Houli gets the ball but fmd he is horrid. Time to move on imo.
Cant see Naish making it so so soft. Jack Ross also has struggled a fair bit time to send him back to the two's for a month and just get some continuity and confidence into him.

Reckon all of Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards and Bolton will play and we just have to bite the bullet and give CC-J a run of games ffs.

Its Simple Bolton for Rioli, Edwards for cantkickya, Prestia for Ross. Cotchin for Naish and i personally would do CCJ for old panic pants, it wont happen though they will probably drop Hugo for CCJ. I also hope they seriously look at Miller for Astbury.

Short - Balta - Vlastuin

Bolton - Lynch - Edwards

How would you structure up Claw with CCJ ? and what tweaking would you make to the team to get us going.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2021, 04:44:14 PM »

Short - Balta - Vlastuin

Bolton - Lynch - Edwards

How would you structure up Claw with CCJ ? and what tweaking would you make to the team to get us going.

With this proposed team, I would use Lynch as a high forward with Jack in the true CHF position and CCJ FF when on the ground not playing ruck.
Gives us options to move players around in the forward half to keep the oppo constantly rotating talls to get the right matchups. 

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2021, 06:15:25 PM »

Based on our form they are forced!

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2021, 07:57:32 PM »

Based on our form they are forced!

It’s not even a form thing. We’ve got 3 and potentially 4 of our top 10 players coming back. Only 1-3 additional changes based on form/suspension.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2021, 08:51:08 PM »
AFL 360 had meatie, cotch and bolton coming back for this weekend
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2021, 09:51:11 PM »

Only Luke Beveridge who is cuter than Chris Scott at coaching tactics and player selection and look what happened to him when he made 5 changes for the game against us a month ago...
Neither here nor there Look at the quality of the four who become available. they are so easily not top 22 but close  to top 10.
Throw in the so obvious need for a second ruck/fwd who can chop out all of Lynch Jack and Nankervis and 5 changes is just common sense.

Look at the utter shiteness of three who are being replaced and two kids who were always going to cop the chop when others returned and once again its just a bit of old fashioned common sense.