Author Topic: Assistant coaches [merged]  (Read 49480 times)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Assistant coaches [merged]
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2021, 02:44:30 PM »
Gee didn’t caracella leave after 2019….. Our ball movement still seemed to be able to win the premiership without his much hyped mastermind and genius.

Also our midfield was absolutely the best in the competition at the back end of last season and in finals.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #121 on: September 19, 2021, 09:05:07 PM »
Said it before we need at minimum 2 new assistant's and club needs to spend the $$$ other club are don't want to hear this cap bs.
:clapping

We are only talking about 300k here so if the development has to be held back 3 months so be it.

Are we in the business of building edifices or trying to win premierships?

My final comment on this

We are talking about alot more than $300k here

We lose $2 million this year, which is highly possibly then what? We just keep spending money we don't have,  that we are not making?

The redevelopment of the Punt Road is super important. It will allow us to have the best facilities, the best development program etc.

Yes it is a balancing act but it is bloody tough one.

Each to their own on this opinion wise but please those who think we should be over spending on the cap, paying the tax don't complain or sook if the Club reports a loss. Don't throw your hands up in the air and say "how did this happen, we are a powerful Club we are rich this shouldn't happen". You cannot have it both ways

But other clubs can not only pay for quality people in the footy department but also pay out coaches they have sacked.  :shh :rollin

Maybe you can explain how the other clubs are  able to do this?

Skimping on footy department spending is not what we should be doing but maximising talent as well  as being smart about overspending.
We all know what happens when our club isn’t prepared to invest in football. 
The club that keeps giving.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2021, 08:53:15 PM »
With Teague now locked in I’m hoping we can still jag 1 more new assistant.

I find it really strange dean Solomon isn’t involved in the AFL. Was touted as one of the few assistants ready to make the jump to senior coach one minute and then out of a job completely the next.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2021, 07:24:30 AM »
What is more important when we are in a Premiership window an, extra coach to maybe get us over the line or an extra room on our building?

Talking about debts is a red herring as there are projects we can defer for a couple of years while we focus on this window.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2021, 01:40:12 PM »
What is more important when we are in a Premiership window an, extra coach to maybe get us over the line or an extra room on our building?

Talking about debts is a red herring as there are projects we can defer for a couple of years while we focus on this window.

You do realise the costs of the redevelopment is not included in the Footy department cap?

And that the club has received or is going to receive $30 million in govt funding for the redevelopment?  I would think it is reasonable to assume that they want to see something for their investment ASAP.

And talking about losses as opposed to debt (they are totally different BTW) is not a red herring. You cannot continually spend more than you earn. You do that you make a loss.and you eat into your cash reserves which can lead you into debt
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2021, 04:31:40 PM »
WP if we tank again next season because we have been stingy in football dept spending how much will that cost us in revenue.

I see somewhere on another thread we have identified that we were too stingy last season and are addressing the issue.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2021, 05:10:03 PM »
WP if we tank again next season because we have been stingy in football dept spending how much will that cost us in revenue.

I see somewhere on another thread we have identified that we were too stingy last season and are addressing the issue.

Who said anything about tanking  ::)

We won't be tanking

Not sure what you point is to be honest

It is budget time, you'd be expecting the Club to be reviewing all areas of spend and revenue..... and seeing what extra can be spent without

things would be helped if the idiots at HQ actually told Clubs definitively how much the soft cap is going to be next year .. talk is it will be about $500k, that should make everyone happy that's probably at a minimum one and half assistant coaches

My personal view is there should be no soft cap at all. Clubs should be allowed to spend what they want in their footy depts but HQ don't share my view.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2021, 06:47:02 PM »
It all currently a tight balance, to spend what you don’t have will have consequences in the future. To hire in one area will mean we will have to reduce in other areas. It’s unfortunate considering we had a tight successful group and to me we seem to have been particularly effected.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2021, 06:46:57 AM »
Michael Voss remains favourite to be named Carlton’s new coach within days, but his only competitor Adam Kingsley is still in the running for the position.

Voss, the former Brisbane Lions coach and Port Adelaide assistant, and Kingsley, a senior assistant coach at Richmond, gave their final presentations to the Blues’ coach selection subcommittee on Wednesday, after Voss flew to Melbourne.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/voss-favourite-but-kingsley-supported-in-blues-coaching-bid-20210922-p58tyk.html

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2021, 07:31:36 AM »
Give Kingsley the job so we can grab Voss IMO

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2021, 09:14:35 AM »
Give Kingsley the job so we can grab Voss IMO

:chuck :chuck :chuck

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: September 26, 2021, 05:19:57 PM »
Get Greg Stafford back to Punt Road, or Chapman so he can make amends for that woeful finals display years ago.

We will most likely lose Mclovin leaving 2 again, of which the jury is still out on one of them IMO.

As we have seen many times, Hardwick performs terribly with no support around him. That is a fact!
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: September 26, 2021, 06:36:22 PM »
Get Greg Stafford back to Punt Road, or Chapman so he can make amends for that woeful finals display years ago.

We will most likely lose Mclovin leaving 2 again, of which the jury is still out on one of them IMO.

As we have seen many times, Hardwick performs terribly with no support around him. That is a fact!

With Kingsley and Teague good support ,but will like one more coaching addition.