Author Topic: Assistant coaches [merged]  (Read 61632 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Assistant coaches [merged]
« Reply #270 on: July 09, 2024, 12:27:38 AM »
Caro apparently last night said Teague is moving on and new senior assistant will join.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #271 on: July 09, 2024, 06:38:30 AM »
Caro apparently last night said Teague is moving on and new senior assistant will join.

Good. Link??
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #272 on: July 09, 2024, 07:45:24 AM »

What she said was and I only caught the end of it was

Off field we are doing alot right but..used Penny's induction to the HoF and Dusty’s 300th as examples

On field there needs to be changes and she expecting big changes...

She mentioned assistant coaches, that there would be change. She then said she believed Teague was looking elsewhere and maybe Rutten too and there was likely to be a new senior assisant.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 01:03:06 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #273 on: July 09, 2024, 08:46:25 AM »
Teague and Rutten going to coach a Frankston under 12s team

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #274 on: July 19, 2024, 06:00:16 PM »
ASSISTANT COACH UNCERTAINTY

RICHMOND assistant coach David Teague's future at Punt Road is unclear as the Tigers head towards the end of their season.

The former Carlton head coach is out of contract at the Tigers having been alongside new coach Adem Yze in his first season at the helm.

Assistant coaches around the competition are reaching the point of the season where clubs give them indications on their futures, with significant change in the coaching ranks last off-season.

Teague joined Richmond at the end of 2021 after two and a half seasons as Carlton's senior coach, having taken on the role after a long apprenticeship as an assistant coach at four clubs.

Yze and Richmond added two assistants at the end of last season, with former Tigers skipper Chris Newman and ex-North Melbourne captain Jack Ziebell joining its coaching panel.

Clubs informally tend to give notice to assistant coaches by the start of August on their plans for the following season.

– Callum Twomey

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1174005/inside-trading-vic-clubs-trade-watch-on-port-star-big-race-for-giant-roo-hits-trigger

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #275 on: July 20, 2024, 10:13:34 PM »
Never thought Teague was a good fit

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Teague Leaves Richmond - Effective Immediately
« Reply #276 on: July 29, 2024, 08:55:50 PM »
David Teague to depart Richmond
Assistant coach David Teague has concluded his time at Richmond.

By Richmond Media
11 hrs ago

Assistant coach David Teague has concluded his time at Richmond.

Teague, who has been a coach for the past 17 years, will explore broader opportunities potentially outside of coaching, from within and outside the football industry.

The long-time coach joined Richmond ahead of the 2022 season after 50 games as Carlton's senior coach.

Teague previously had assistant coaching stints at Carlton, Adelaide, St Kilda and West Coast after commencing his career as senior coach of the Northern Bullants (VFL) at just 26 years of age.

The passionate mentor also assisted with the Bachar Houli Foundation this year, aiding young Islamic players and coaches to reach the next level of their football careers.

Richmond General Manager- Football Performance Tim Livingstone thanked Teague for his contribution to the Club.

"David has been a valued member of our coaching panel across the past three years and our players have been fortunate to have someone of his coaching calibre at the Club," he said.

"As he turns his attention to the next chapter of his career in football, one of our development coaches will be given a chance to step into the line coaching role and begin working with our forwards as they look to finish the year with some momentum that will carry into 2025.

"We thank David and his family for their commitment to Richmond across the past three years and wish them well for the future."

After 17 years of coaching, Teague said that while coaching will always be a passion of his, he is looking with interest at other opportunities possibly outside of an AFL club.

“Firstly, I would like to take the opportunity to thank the Richmond Football Club for reaching out after my time at Carlton and offering me an opportunity to join the Tiger family," he said.

"I am very grateful to have been given this chance, as I learned so much about the attributes of a premiership team and why this Club is so great.

"The qualities and values of a Richmond Man are so powerful to see, feel and connect with. I love all areas of the game and will look to continue contributing to football across the coming years."

Teague, 43, also had a distinguished playing career, winning Carlton’s best and fairest in 2004.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1613522/david-teague-to-depart-richmond

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #277 on: July 29, 2024, 08:56:39 PM »

i thought the RFC dont leak anymore  :lol
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #278 on: July 29, 2024, 09:23:02 PM »

i thought the RFC dont leak anymore  :lol

Only to coterie flogs after a few cocktails....:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #279 on: July 29, 2024, 09:53:48 PM »
From

@TomMorris32

"Richmond and assistant coach David Teague have parted ways, effective immediately.

The decision, announced to players after Sunday’s loss, was mutual.

Out of contract anyway, his departure allows the club to promote a development coach & Teague to explore other opportunities.

@FootyonNine @9NewsMelb

There is a more detailed article on nine.com.au but due to the traffic on that site because of the Olympics I haven't been able to copy it

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #280 on: July 29, 2024, 09:57:16 PM »
Clear out the whole lot.

I’m got not idea what we’re going for defensively. Getting cooked in transition and in D50. Probably playing some fancy schmansy zone which gets exposed every single game and instead of going back to basics and just manning the f up, we keep going with it.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #281 on: July 29, 2024, 09:58:23 PM »
From

@TomMorris32

"Richmond and assistant coach David Teague have parted ways, effective immediately.

The decision, announced to players after Sunday’s loss, was mutual.

Out of contract anyway, his departure allows the club to promote a development coach & Teague to explore other opportunities.

@FootyonNine @9NewsMelb

There is a more detailed article on nine.com.au but due to the traffic on that site because of the Olympics I haven't been able to copy it

Good lord that promoting of a development coach better just be for the remainder of this season and not the plan for next.

Offline Gigantor

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #282 on: July 29, 2024, 11:06:36 PM »
Might be Kane Lambert

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #283 on: July 29, 2024, 11:21:46 PM »
Nekminit Meehan forward line coach

James hird S&C

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #284 on: July 30, 2024, 07:52:53 AM »
Might be Kane Lambert

Yes the report says it will be Lambert or Lonegan

It also says for the remainder of this season

Will try and post it again