Author Topic: Tigers vs Swans post-match thread  (Read 1134 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers vs Swans post-match thread
« on: May 13, 2006, 07:46:28 PM »
Team Stats

Kicks       143 - 228
Marks        59 - 125
Handballs 102 - 94
Tackles      42 - 81
Hitouts       37 - 33
Frees        14 - 18

Individual Stats

Player             K  H  D M HO T FF FA G B

M.Coughlan     7 11 18 2 1 7 0 0 0 0
N.Foley          13  5 18 1 0 3 0 1 0 0
C.Hyde          13  5 18 4 0 2 1 1 1 0
M.Richardson 12  5 17 6 0 0 0 0 2 2
B.Deledio       14  2 16 9 0 3 0 0 0 0
A.Krakouer      9  7 16 5 0 3 2 0 0 1
A.Raines         5 11 16 1 0 4 2 2 0 0
S.Tuck            7  8  15 0 2 1 1 1 0 1
C.Newman     12  2  14 6 0 2 0 3 0 0
J.Bowden        8  5  13 3 0 0 1 0 0 0
B.Hartigan       3 10 13 1 0 3 1 0 0 0
R.Tambling      8  5 13 3 1 1 2 1 1 2
P.Bowden       4  8 12 3 0 0 0 0 0 0
T.Simmonds    5  5 10 2 24 3 1 2 1 0
K.Pettifer        6  2  8 4 0 1 0 0 2 0
D.Polo            6  2  8 3 0 2 0 0 0 0
D.Jackson      3  2  5 2 0 2 0 0 0 0
G.Tivendale     2  3  5 0 0 4 1 2 0 1
L.McGuane     2  1  3 2 0 0 0 2 0 0
J.O.N.             1 2  3 0 0 0 1 1 0 0
G.Stafford       2 1  3 2 9 0 0 1 1 0
C.Hughes        1 0  1 0 0 1 1 1 1 0

Top 5's

Contested Possies

O'Keefe           11
Coughlan         10
Kirk                 10
Richo                9
Hartigan            8

Uncontested possies

Buchanan       21
Kirk                17
Fosdike          16
Deledio           15
Goodes           14

Effective Kicks

O'Keefe          18
Fosdike          17
Goodes          17
Buchanan       14
Hall                 12

Inside 50

Goodes          8
O'Keefe         5
Fosdike         5
Buchanan      5
Krakouer       5

Rebound 50

Goodes          4
Deledio          4
LRT               4
Kirk               3
Hyde             3

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tigers vs Swans post-match thread
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 08:13:53 PM »
Well that killed off the enthusiasm and optimism of last week  :help

Once Razor and Chubba pulled out I thought we'd get done as we had no one to stand Barry Hall but not by 118 points  :banghead. Playing 8 kids 20 or under doesn't help. Poor McGuane. He was out of his depth but we sure didn't help him out up-field with the ease the ball was coming into our backline. He wasn't alone though. O'Keefe gave Newman a spanking and Joel is no full back. A double whammy having there too as it robbed us of any rebound run.

We were robbing Peter to pay Paul. Wallace's hands were tied. Ran off our feet, reactive and second to the ball and smashed in the middle all day. Did we forget what tackling means?  :banghead   

Well done to Richo. He was one of only a few to show the required intensity from the start. They had 4 goals in the first 5 minutes and we had touched the ball only 3 times. Game over :banghead. We had a chance to bridge the gap early in the second quarter but Tuck twice and Cogs missed 3 open and gettable chances and then we fell to bits.

Any top 4 side will murder us. Next week is going to be painful too. Another 100 point hiding coming up against the Crows.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 08:19:41 PM »
It was very disapointing players who had the chance to step up and take that bit more responsibility didnt come to the party.

I thought Foley was pretty good today and seems to be improving with the more time he spends on the ground.

Tambling was also good in patches but others such as Tiv, Krak, Hyde, Tuck just didnt do enough when playing in the middle. Not enough pressure was applied to their runners and it killed our undermanned defence.

Offline tiogar

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 10:52:42 PM »
Well it was nice while it lasted for a couple of weeks and at least we have banked wins V the Blues and Bombers which have been rare enough since 1982 but the fact is it's going to be more of the same old same old.

There are reason of course - injury, youth of many players etc - but the train has hit the buffers now. We'll be lucky if there are 25,000 for next week.

Work will be desperate cos I've been bragging and bigging up the Tiges all week !!!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 10:06:44 PM »
It was very disapointing players who had the chance to step up and take that bit more responsibility didnt come to the party.

Have to agree Bull. I was extremely disappointed in the blokes from the "junior leadership" group, yesterday was the opportunity for them to make a statement and they didn't.

You know it's difficult because I find myself thinking perhaps I'm being too harsh and my expectations are unreasonable but then again I look at the blokes out there yesterday from that group and with the exception of Lids they are all 24y.o and are in the 4th ,5th or 6th seasons of senior footy and I don't really think it is unreasonable to expect them to step up in these sort of clutch situations

I know we've spoken about it a number of times but I really do worry about our leadership at times

I thought Foley was pretty good today and seems to be improving with the more time he spends on the ground.

Best game he's played but does need to get more distance in his kicks.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 07:04:41 PM »
Ouch - that game really puts into perspective just where the Tigers are at with all the youngsters in the side.

Still.... worth perservering with the gameplan & the inexperienced.

No panic stations, we are fully aware of the AFL pecking order, although it is a bit different to the G game last year when the Tigers were victors.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 03:01:21 PM »

Have to agree Bull. I was extremely disappointed in the blokes from the "junior leadership" group, yesterday was the opportunity for them to make a statement and they didn't.

You know it's difficult because I find myself thinking perhaps I'm being too harsh and my expectations are unreasonable but then again I look at the blokes out there yesterday from that group and with the exception of Lids they are all 24y.o and are in the 4th ,5th or 6th seasons of senior footy and I don't really think it is unreasonable to expect them to step up in these sort of clutch situations

I know we've spoken about it a number of times but I really do worry about our leadership at times

As most of the leadership groups is made up of experienced players, part of the reason why the junior leadership group was started was to bridge the knowledge/experience gap between the experienced, middle tier and junior players, as far as leadership goes, which you would already know.

I would think the role of the junior leadership group is to learn, rather than expecting that they are suddenly going to come in and know how to lead, just because they now have a title.  Unless players are natural leaders then I don’t know how we can expect them to turn our leadership fortunes around in the space of 7 weeks of football, because they have this title, and especially when our leadership is acknowledged to have been lacking over many years.  If it was that simple wouldn’t RFC and other Clubs have worked it out by now?

Therefore, I doubt there’s a quick fix solution to it, and it’s just a matter of trial and error and working out who the leaders are.  Grant Thomas works by the theory that if a player is in a leadership group then he needs to learn how to be a leader.  And if he’s already a leader then he doesn’t need to be in any leadership group.  Whatever method clubs adopt, there seem to be more followers than leaders in the world and it’s a matter of finding who the leaders are, rather than expecting that anyone with a title should automatically know how to be a leader.  Just my opinion.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 12:45:09 AM »
I'm happy these young fellas are getting their baptism of fire. Get the games under their belts now so as when we are ready to start stepping up in 2 -3 years they will have the necessary 50 odd games under their belts and the expeiences to go with it.

I was a bit pizzed round 1 and even though not amused, not either fazed by that effort. To be expected and so will a couple of upsets once some experience comes back into the side.