Author Topic: Robbie Tarrant retires [merged]  (Read 37900 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Robbie Tarrant [merged]
« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2022, 08:57:25 AM »
Tarrant been our best player the last month.
Go Tigers!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2022, 09:46:52 AM »
Loving his work

Yep. Who would have thought that this fumbling cumbersome player from the first half would have sprouted wings like this in the past few weeks.
It’s like that Cats game where he busted a knuckle and had that massive contest in their goal square turned his season around because he hasn’t looked back.
Genuinely happy for him, seems like a nice bloke off the field.

I spoke to him at the player sponsor dinner a few weeks back.

What a top bloke he is. I actually said to him that he seems to be playing his best footy since he hurt his hand.  ;D. He laughed, said good point. Then showed when his hand and wow it is staggering how swollen it still was

Tarrant been our best player the last month.

Certainly had been and quiet easily at that
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #227 on: August 02, 2022, 01:54:39 AM »
Look at the way Robbie Tarrant lurks like a Tiger behind key forwards. He's almost invisible. He's like a weight on their conscience. A niggling feeling that you're not going to kick another goal for the game.

https://twitter.com/WriterBenji/status/1554046497553289218

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #228 on: August 02, 2022, 02:17:14 AM »
Had a very ordinary first half but was good in the second half and not alone in that respect.

Had some insufferable idiot behind me dropping a F bomb about every 30 seconds and call Tarrant and fool, wacko etc.

If we hadn't come back strong in the second half I probably would have lost my noodle at him but everyone ended up happy thankfully.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #229 on: August 02, 2022, 02:35:15 PM »
With Grimesy done, having Tarrant is a godsend now.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #230 on: August 02, 2022, 04:05:09 PM »
Yeah we have a pretty decent mix of tall backs

Tig can play a Grimes role and so can Broad to a degree depends on match ups

Balta and Tarrant too really stong bodies and Miller and Gibbo at our disposal too along with the smalls that go through  :cheers

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #231 on: August 02, 2022, 05:59:30 PM »
Reckon we can cover Grimes down back but his leadership will leave a gaping hole.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #232 on: August 02, 2022, 07:07:44 PM »

Yeah I agree with this
Go Tigers!

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #233 on: August 03, 2022, 02:35:09 AM »
Credit we're due he has been one of our best second half of the year wasn't impressed early.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #234 on: August 21, 2022, 05:43:27 AM »
Robbie would be feeling pretty good about his move to the Tigers this season. He has been able to adjust and slot nicely into our backline playing 19 of the possible 23 H/A matches and now will be playing in his first final for six years.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #235 on: August 21, 2022, 08:36:38 AM »
Looked cooked early on but has been proven to be an awesome addition. Some more shrewd business by us at the trade table here.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tarrant's first final in six years driving Tigers' finals charge (Foxsports)
« Reply #236 on: August 31, 2022, 06:00:48 AM »
Jack Riewoldt on Robbie Tarrant's motivation to play finals and how it flipped the mindset of some Richmond players during the back-end of the home and away season.

Watch here: https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1564558143455014912

-------------------------------------------

‘We had a moment’: Riewoldt reveals how star recruit’s record is driving finals charge

David Zita
Fox Sports
August 31st, 2022

Richmond spearhead Jack Riewoldt has revealed how he and his teammates are embracing the finals through a new lens - recruit Robbie Tarrant.

The Tigers face Brisbane on Thursday night at the Gabba in a do-or-die elimination final, having locked in a top eight spot with only a fortnight left in the regular season.

While the Tigers are in a far less commanding position than they were during their premiership-winning campaigns in 2017, 2019 and 2020, Riewoldt told AFL 360 the side had been given a fresh perspective this season via Tarrant, who came across from North Melbourne at the close of last season.

Tarrant played 174 games for North Melbourne before his move to the Tigers, with his later years at the Roos mired in seasons spent near the bottom of the ladder.

“In the end, footy is fun You play footy to play in finals. Sometimes it gets lost on you - and we’ve been really privileged to play in a lot of big games and a lot of finals - you look to Robbie Tarrant who hasn’t played finals for eight years,” Riewoldt said.

“We had a moment probably around round 18 or 19 where we were sort of on the cusp of the eight and in and out with weekly results and we spoke about it.

“He (Tarrant) was sitting there and he said ‘you guys have got to remember this is great ... I just want to play finals. I haven’t played finals for eight years.’ You sit back and go ‘Oh, yeah’.

“When we did secure it in round 22, that was a really special moment I think for that backline crew as well, who said we sort of got there for Robbie a little bit.”

Tarrant has played in just four finals across his AFL career.

Riewoldt, by comparison, has played in 15.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-tigers/afl-news-2022-richmond-finals-robbie-tarrant-recruit-jack-riewoldt-interview-record-in-finals-game-against-brisbane/news-story/8b296a8468e27c54eab983ebc15026c0

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #237 on: August 31, 2022, 07:26:29 AM »
Been very good this season. Hopefully he plays 4 finals this season and ends up a premiership player too.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #238 on: August 31, 2022, 09:08:24 AM »
Could he do a Brian Lake?

Would be huge

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #239 on: August 31, 2022, 09:18:55 AM »
Could he do a Brian Lake?

Would be huge

A 3-peat in the twilight? Sounds good to me haha.