Author Topic: Robbie Tarrant retires [merged]  (Read 37873 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tiger’s table 2 year deal to Robbie Tarrant
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2021, 03:55:23 PM »
North Melbourne veteran Robbie Tarrant has notified club officials he intends to join Richmond as an unrestricted free agent.

Foxfooty.com.au can confirm the 32-year-old intends to join the Tigers.

As an unrestricted free agent, Richmond will not have to sacrifice any draft capital to acquire Tarrant’s services.

The free agency period begins the Friday after the Grand Final.

Richmond key defender David Astbury has hung up the boots, with Tarrant set to replace the premiership player in the lineup next year.

Tarrant has played 174 games across 12 years for the Roos, with 10 of them coming in the backend of this year after surgery to remove a lump from his kidney in March held him back from an earlier return.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/north-melbourne-kangaroos/afl-news-2021-trade-period-robbie-tarrant-to-richmond-north-melbourne-compensation-unrestricted-free-agent-draft-picks/news-story/3b7e76f29b84807b4830c522ffd79b98

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2021, 04:00:11 PM »
Robbie Tarrant highlights (2021):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f15CiEKAr34

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2021, 04:46:03 PM »
Sam Edmund says we're chosen Tarrant ahead of Talia.

----------------

TARRANT TO JOIN RICHMOND AS UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT

By Sam Edmund
SEN
18 September 2021

Robbie Tarrant has told North Melbourne he wants out.

It can be revealed Tarrant has informed Kangaroos teammates and officials he will next month leave the club as an unrestricted free agent.

The veteran defender is poised to sign a two-year contract at Richmond, who have chosen Tarrant over delisted Crow Daniel Talia as a replacement for the retired David Astbury.

North Melbourne was initially only willing to offer Tarrant, 32, a one-year deal to play on at Arden Street.

But while that offer was subsequently increased to two years, Tarrant made the decision to chase a premiership at Richmond.

Tarrant can walk to Punt Road for nothing when the free agency window opens on October 1.

But Richmond will be wary Tarrant’s arrival could cancel out the free agency compensation they would receive for Mabior Chol’s departure to Gold Coast on a four-year deal.

It’s a scenario that might see the Tigers willing to trade with North given another Tiger tall, Callum Coleman-Jones, wants a move to the Kangaroos.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/09/18/tarrant-to-join-richmond-as-unrestricted-free-agent/

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2021, 04:54:40 PM »
I don't mind this.

Effectively Chol for Tarrant. If we get our rucks in order, Chol is no where near best 22 and I can't see him being a top 4 best 22 player at any age. 2 years is fine he had a kidney operation which was successful so his body in terms of footy hasn't got any issues coming into the club, when you consider we drafted in Lynch and Prestia with knee injuries. Plus fills the spot on the list that Dave left.

No issues from me this trade, we have a stocked hand of draft picks, and have a solid 20-25 year bracket of players, both unlike Geelong. Anyone suggesting we are like Geelong are way off. Good stuff RFC.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2021, 04:59:24 PM »
We are on the way down gents. This reeks if old richmond. A bad decision. 100% bad decision.

Ramps I respectfully disagree. We have 1 options, do a Hawthorn (Lake, Frawley) and try to grasp another tilt with a successful core or do we do a St.Kilda and cash in on twilight players and rebuild (Goddard, Dal Santo). I'd chose the Hawks method. You could also argue Hawks method of doing a St.Kilda by offloading older guys (Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell) and bring in younger guys has failed massively with O'Meara, Mitchell, Scully etc.

Geelong have failed cause they haven't drafted as well as they should have. They have a rubbish midfield and stuff around with Danger up forward for far too long. As well as a possession game plan that simply doesn't stack up in finals, and even worse against our pressure game plan.

Prefer to do this and stay relevant than drop to bottom 6 hoping our development works again.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2021, 05:01:10 PM »
Miller deserves his chance

Yes, but four games in and he looks like Ryan did last year, then what :huh

Yes, but four games in and Tarrant breaks down or it soon becomes clear he's well past it, then what?  :huh

This is crystal ball gazing. He hasn't shown to be breaking down. Played every game after kidney surgery. No different to anyone else going down, I wouldn't put him as a risk. Talia I would as he is coming off injuries.
Go Tigers!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2021, 05:02:26 PM »
Tarrant looks like a solid, experienced defender to me.  Fits right into a gaping big hole we got. 
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2021, 05:03:23 PM »
Sheesh just realised we would be trading for him rather Talia if fit.

Maybe CC-J and pick #? to Nm for Tarrant  and 20.

We don't have to trade for him

He is an unrestricted free agent, no trade required

I'd prefer to get him in a trade with CCJ so we get Chol comp which will be 2nd rounder, unsure what pick as we have about 4 lol.

So CCJ for Tarrant and Pick 36 and we get Chol 2nd rounder compo which is pick 28 say.

Chol and CCJ for pick 36 and 28 isn't world ending. Especially when at one stage CCJ could be going Pre Season draft for nothing and Chol being an ex rookie could have gone for no compo.
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2021, 06:54:56 PM »
Miller deserves his chance

Yes, but four games in and he looks like Ryan did last year, then what :huh

Yes, but four games in and Tarrant breaks down or it soon becomes clear he's well past it, then what?  :huh

This is crystal ball gazing. He hasn't shown to be breaking down. Played every game after kidney surgery. No different to anyone else going down, I wouldn't put him as a risk. Talia I would as he is coming off injuries.

You're correct it is indeed "crystal ball gazing" - as is worrying that Miller might serve up doughnuts in round 4... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2021, 06:59:09 PM »
Happy with this make no mistake his a quality defender one of the best stoppers , but he can actually play to and gets footy.We need a few talls can't just draft the kids fill in the hole.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2021, 07:04:41 PM »
Heard we meant to get Taranto but there was a typo in the paper work... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2021, 09:44:26 PM »
Such a stupid decision

We won’t be doing anything in the next few years.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2021, 09:49:22 PM »
Such a stupid decision

We won’t be doing anything in the next few years.

Such a stupid post

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2021, 04:02:33 AM »
Sheesh just realised we would be trading for him rather Talia if fit.

Maybe CC-J and pick #? to Nm for Tarrant  and 20.

We don't have to trade for him

He is an unrestricted free agent, no trade required

I'd prefer to get him in a trade with CCJ so we get Chol comp which will be 2nd rounder, unsure what pick as we have about 4 lol.

So CCJ for Tarrant and Pick 36 and we get Chol 2nd rounder compo which is pick 28 say.

Chol and CCJ for pick 36 and 28 isn't world ending. Especially when at one stage CCJ could be going Pre Season draft for nothing and Chol being an ex rookie could have gone for no compo.

We won’t be getting a second round compo for Chol. It will be end of third round at the earliest which is fair enough IMO.

I don’t actually have an issue with going for Tarrant or any experienced player such as him. I just don’t know about offering a 32/33 year old a 2 year deal.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2021, 10:54:22 AM »
It will be 3rd round (pick 45)