Author Topic: Josh Gibcus [merged]  (Read 44214 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Pick 9: Josh Gibcus
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2021, 09:35:20 PM »
Draft call and Footy Fox's summary & interview:

Click to watch:

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1033221/2021-afl-draft-pick-9-josh-gibcus

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2021, 09:58:26 PM »
Freo we're spewing we took him.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2021, 10:03:54 PM »
Mo man welcome

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2021, 10:05:32 PM »
Welcome aboard Josh. 

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2021, 10:07:30 PM »
The got an amazing player in Aymis
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2021, 10:11:14 PM »
...and we got the bloke who's gonna shut him down for years to come... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2021, 10:13:53 PM »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2021, 10:23:56 PM »
lmao at the replies not even acknowledging the kid and just bitching about the green nib logo.... ::)

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2021, 10:37:14 PM »
Hmmm...

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1033073/gibcus-lands-at-tigerland

We view him as a versatile prospect that has attributes to play at either end of the ground.

:shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2021, 10:42:59 PM »
No complaints here. We have several list weaknesses moving fwd and he shores up one of them.A tall here or with our next pick was the likely scenario imo.

Just a few questions though.

KPD  was not the highest need on the list so i can only summise they thought him best available on talent. If thats the case then great.
My own preference here was Neil Erasmus or failing that Hobbs. I was confident A very good defender would be there later and i still maintain i would have taken Erasmus top 5. Imo key fwd and  contested mids or a clearance mid was to be taken here.

Having taken the tall early i would have thought a genuine mid became the priority with our next pick. Instead we took a medium sized h/b. No criticism of the kid he may turn out great and god forbid we have so few medium defenders around 185 189cm but we have a plethora of smaller mids similar to him in style.As far as numbers go a medium defender was a list need but we had smalls performing the role.

For me mids and key forward were the two biggest areas that needed addressing and we have ignored those areas so far.

Not griping here but from purely a list greatest needs view  i dont think we have addressed them. Also  possibly taking best available in the Brown case im asking the question did we.

The silver lining out of all this is a lot of  highly touted kids are still available and with 26 27 28 we are really in a great position to snare not only some list needs but highly toted kids.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2021, 10:54:19 PM »
No they weren't they got exactly who they wanted. They took Amiss first for fear that we would take him at 9.

Would have loved for us to Grab Erasmus at 9 but ffs i can not blame the club taking a highly rated tall there as the cupboard moving fwd is close to bare.

The pick i question is Brown and have to ask why not a badly needed highly rated mid.

Offline OneEyedRichmond

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2021, 11:02:47 PM »
No they weren't they got exactly who they wanted. They took Amiss first for fear that we would take him at 9.

Would have loved for us to Grab Erasmus at 9 but ffs i can not blame the club taking a highly rated tall there as the cupboard moving fwd is close to bare.

The pick i question is Brown and have to ask why not a badly needed highly rated mid.

Brown is an elite kick… bachar replacement running out of the backline … can play mid too 😉

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2021, 12:28:20 AM »
Can we nickname Gibcus - Neck or Giraffe.

Enormous throat on him.
Go Tigers!

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2021, 01:25:20 AM »
No complaints here. We have several list weaknesses moving fwd and he shores up one of them.A tall here or with our next pick was the likely scenario imo.

Just a few questions though.

KPD  was not the highest need on the list so i can only summise they thought him best available on talent. If thats the case then great.
My own preference here was Neil Erasmus or failing that Hobbs. I was confident A very good defender would be there later and i still maintain i would have taken Erasmus top 5. Imo key fwd and  contested mids or a clearance mid was to be taken here.

Having taken the tall early i would have thought a genuine mid became the priority with our next pick. Instead we took a medium sized h/b. No criticism of the kid he may turn out great and god forbid we have so few medium defenders around 185 189cm but we have a plethora of smaller mids similar to him in style.As far as numbers go a medium defender was a list need but we had smalls performing the role.

For me mids and key forward were the two biggest areas that needed addressing and we have ignored those areas so far.

Not griping here but from purely a list greatest needs view  i dont think we have addressed them. Also  possibly taking best available in the Brown case im asking the question did we.

The silver lining out of all this is a lot of  highly touted kids are still available and with 26 27 28 we are really in a great position to snare not only some list needs but highly toted kids.

Claw which one of our small defenders or half backs give us run and carry and creativity like Houli use to do mate ?.This kid can and wouldn't surprise me goes in the guts.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2021, 01:26:50 AM »

That's according to you mate look at the tape again and see there faces.

Edit: Fixed quoting.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 04:58:04 AM by one-eyed »