Author Topic: Non-Richmond games 2022  (Read 32744 times)

Broadsword

Re: Non-Richmond games 2022
« Reply #420 on: September 24, 2022, 05:31:46 PM »
Isaac Smith got the Norm. He certainly wanted it lol.

By the way, interesting reactions and comments post-game from Geelong players. More signs of relief and tears that they finally got there. Also Dangerfield saying this is what it means to be "content". I could be eating my words next year but I wouldn't be surprised if the Cats finally drop off now all their veterans have finally won the flag they've been chasing. That desperate hunger out of fear of missing out before retiring won't be there next year.
You read my mind. Was thinking the same thing. Plus if Selwood and Hawkins go they lose a ton of leadership.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #421 on: September 24, 2022, 06:05:25 PM »
A couple of curious quirky stats:

Isaac Smith is the oldest player to win a Norm Smith medal.
62 days older than Kevin Bartlett in 1980

https://twitter.com/sirswampthing/status/1573575558969315329

Congratulations to Rhys Stanley who becomes the 22nd ex-St Kilda player to win a VFL/AFL premiership, more than the 20 that have won a flag with the Saints.

https://twitter.com/DanielCherny/status/1573575392086331392

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #422 on: September 24, 2022, 07:26:00 PM »
Have to congratulate Swans co-captain Dsne Rampe for his speech after the game

Total class, incredibly respectful

Super impressive :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #423 on: September 24, 2022, 08:23:58 PM »

Agree, WP. Very classy.

Credit to Joel Selwood too spending time with the Auskick kids and having a group photo with them.

On the other hand, Stewart fresh aired the kid giving him his medal. But he's a "good bloke"TM apparently  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #424 on: September 24, 2022, 08:29:06 PM »
Chris Scott: “How's good footy at the G!”

https://twitter.com/simo4cindy/status/1573578575458238469

Funny how Chris Scott and Geelong have suddenly no problem playing finals at the 'G when they aren't playing us and they win :whistle.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #425 on: September 24, 2022, 08:55:43 PM »

Agree, WP. Very classy.

Credit to Joel Selwood too spending time with the Auskick kids and having a group photo with them.

On the other hand, Stewart fresh aired the kid giving him his medal. But he's a "good bloke"TM apparently  ::).

Yep, and for good measure knocked the kid's cap off and just walks off

Also, notice Smith proudly showed off his Norm Smith when he went up for his premiership medal.

Will always remember Dusty not doing that, team first for Dusty not individual honours
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #426 on: September 25, 2022, 09:30:33 AM »
Few points. Thank god for Robbie and especially Delta as that was the worst GF I’ve ever been to, or even watched for that matter.

Isaac thanks for my $10 bet on your norm smith win that paid for my day. He was worse watching live as I followed his cheap possys all day such as the boring game that was on display.. He reminded me of Tom Mitchell just trying to accumulate desperate cheap possys. That said maybe it was all about winning for a recent death in his family, which I read today.

Selwood really impressed me, and perhaps some got the guy wrong, me included. Aside from his ginnivan cheating antics in his career which I hated. There is no doubt he has been a great captain, and yesterday was all class especially with the dragging the kid from over the fence after the siren. Have a look if you didn’t see it.

I can’t believe how little the players interacted with the fans at the end, especially the older guys. Smith or Danger didn’t come near the fence at the end from what I saw anyway.

Sign of the times, or they are just just a bunch of softies. I’d say latter. Our players did the exact opposite as did hawks.

Lastly, I have no doubt we would have run then to the end, and for that matter pies too. Swans weren’t ready and I felt it was going to be a blow out during the week. No Reid leaving buddy exposed on his own, with Henry doing what heeney can do which can be nothing. No chance.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #427 on: September 25, 2022, 03:04:05 PM »
Smith's first half was sensational. First quarter especially.

After that they were just lining up for cheap ball and goals. Don't blame them. But when the game was there to be won Smith, Selwood, Hawkins, Danger, Blicavs etc were excellent.

Swans what a joke dishing up that crap. Reid a ridiculous decision to play. Buddy is finito. McCartin boys exposed. Pee weak

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #428 on: September 25, 2022, 03:23:10 PM »

Agree, WP. Very classy.

Damage control.

Premiership Cat Tom Stewart seeks out young fan after awkward grand final snub

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/grand-final-2022-premiership-geelong-cat-tom-stewart-call-out-to-young-fan-after-brutal-snub/4421507a-1af6-473d-959c-3c5b89b88d64?ocid=Social-AFLFS

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #429 on: September 25, 2022, 05:41:43 PM »

Agree, WP. Very classy.

Damage control.

Premiership Cat Tom Stewart seeks out young fan after awkward grand final snub

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/grand-final-2022-premiership-geelong-cat-tom-stewart-call-out-to-young-fan-after-brutal-snub/4421507a-1af6-473d-959c-3c5b89b88d64?ocid=Social-AFLFS

He's such a nice guy though  ::)

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #430 on: September 25, 2022, 10:13:37 PM »
At 3/4 time there was a TV prompted discussion about who will win the Norm Smith.  The TV flashed up a graphic of the highest possession winners with Isaac Smith clearly out in front.  Mustering up my most cynical possible tone I tipped Isaac Smith, purely on the number of possessions & nothing else.  He spent most of the game literally jogging around avoiding any contact & was always running past team mates looking for a charity handball. 
As the presentation begins I was pretty sure Selwood would win it, or maybe Clangerfield, really they were both pretty influential (against witch-hats), I had Porkins as a reserve just in case.
Sure enough, first up is the Norm Smith and would you believe it?  The greatest downhill skier of all time gets the medal ... I was already pretty flat, that finished me off.  I watched a few minutes of the individual medal presentations, after sniper Stewart side swiped the poor kid giving him his medal I had had enough.  Flicked it off right there ...   
Worst grand final for many years ... worst Norm Smith winner ever (I think Dusty's 3 medals have just been de-valued thanks to that one awful decision) ...

On the plus-side - I now loath Geelong more than ever & have very little respect for the Swines too!  Can't wait to play either of them.    :santa
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #431 on: September 26, 2022, 03:11:26 AM »