Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022  (Read 106513 times)

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2022, 06:59:15 PM »
Carlton is reportedly bullish on its hopes of landing unrestricted free agent Karl Amon at season’s end.

The Herald Sun reports Amon has a strong relationship with Blues coach Michael Voss, who worked alongside Amon at Port Adelaide during his seven-year tenure as an assistant coach.

Amon, 26, is being looked at by several Victorian clubs, including Hawthorn and St Kilda, with Amon’s mother Katrina recently taking up a post at the latter as Indigenous development manager.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2022-trade-whispers-player-movement-free-agents-out-of-contract-jordan-de-goey-karl-amon/news-story/52bbd0f30e5fc515ea417c8c4e2456ee

No salary cap at Carlton? :huh3

The brown paper bag must be alive and well at that joint still.  No way they can fit anymore in.

They've got Cripps, Williams, Saad, Martin, Hewett, Weitering, McKay, Curnow, McGovern, Cerra and Walsh all on $600k plus.  Lets say an average of $750k.  That's more than $8million of a total cap of $13mil on 11 players.  Something isn't adding up.   

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2022, 03:19:26 PM »
Andrew McGrath has told Essendon his future lies with them as St Kilda circles the former No.1 draft pick.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/06/06/sam-edmunds-afl-trade-and-contract-updates-on-andrew-mcgrath-darcy-cameron/

No mention of us.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2022, 03:54:11 PM »
The Giants who should be on Tigers’ trade hit list

Richmond needs to replenish its midfield, and GWS is facing a squeeze in the engine room. See the two guns the Tigers should chase and who could leave.

Paywall: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-list-analysis-whos-a-free-agent-out-of-contract-and-in-the-gun-at-punt-rd/news-story/efc75d07487b5579ff73d0faee38e3e0

Behind a paywall but I'd guess they are talking about Green and Taranto?

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2022, 04:31:14 PM »

Richmond needs to replenish its midfield, and GWS is facing a squeeze in the engine room. See the two guns the Tigers should chase and who could leave.

Paywall: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-list-analysis-whos-a-free-agent-out-of-contract-and-in-the-gun-at-punt-rd/news-story/efc75d07487b5579ff73d0faee38e3e0

You are correct.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2022, 09:46:58 PM »

You are correct.

Straight swap both of them for Dusty haha

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: June 12, 2022, 04:28:34 PM »
We should try and raid some of Norfs youngsters. Uniake and Horne Francis, even Will Phillips. Jy Simpkin at 24 still has a lot of footy in him too.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: June 12, 2022, 06:00:41 PM »
We should try and raid some of Norfs youngsters. Uniake and Horne Francis, even Will Phillips. Jy Simpkin at 24 still has a lot of footy in him too.

Id take Uniake in a heart beat.

what would he cost us? Coleman-Jones pick hahaha

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2022, 08:18:01 PM »
LOGUE ON RADAR OF VIC CLUBS

Victorian clubs have reportedly made inquiries about Fremantle’s former top-10 pick Griffin Logue, as the key defender struggles to cement a spot in the Dockers’ senior side.

The Herald Sun reports Logue, 24, is strongly favoured to move to a Melbourne-based club next year as the out-of-contract defender looms as a valuable commodity on the open market.

Logue, a former pick No.8, has played in only three of five senior games this season despite being fit, but has been named for round six against Carlton after Heath Chapman was withdrawn under health and safety protocols.

Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon and Richmond are all cited in the report as needing another key defender, while Geelong is also leaving a considerable amount of work to youngster Sam De Koning in defence.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2022-trade-whispers-player-movement-out-of-contract-players-free-agency-latest-updates-griffin-logue-caleb-daniel/news-story/cec657b30480e187facf67ad44efe6cc

Undersized key defender with out much scope for improvement.  Too small to play on talls and too slow to play on smalls.  Half the player Broad is and a chance to be delisted.

Lol he may be just a tad short at 193cm but fmd at 101kg and athletic with good pace for a bloke his SIZE i would say he has plenty of size.
Really liked him as a junior and if not for injuries would be well and truly on everyones lips but hey i get it you dont see much of those people way over in the west.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2022, 07:29:50 AM »
Speaking on Fox Footy on Thursday night, Jon Ralph said he wouldn’t be surprised to see Tim Taranto move to a Melbourne-based club next season in a move that could help the Giants rebalance their list and their salary cap.

“I think it’s a likely chance,” Ralph told Fox Footy.

“He’s out of contract … they’re probably a little bit over the salary cap, as most good clubs are.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2022-round-13-talking-points-analysis-reaction-results-wrap-highlights-best-coach-justin-longmuir-north-melbourne-problems/news-story/a3051b47672c52adf6487e4cf7e90196

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2022, 11:50:03 AM »
Speaking on Fox Footy on Thursday night, Jon Ralph said he wouldn’t be surprised to see Tim Taranto move to a Melbourne-based club next season in a move that could help the Giants rebalance their list and their salary cap.

“He’s out of contract … they’re probably a little bit over the salary cap, as most good clubs are.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2022-round-13-talking-points-analysis-reaction-results-wrap-highlights-best-coach-justin-longmuir-north-melbourne-problems/news-story/a3051b47672c52adf6487e4cf7e90196

Taranto + Green

For Dusty + 1st rounder

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2022, 01:51:42 PM »

Taranto + Green

For Dusty + 1st rounder

Theyre (GWS) not doing that in a million years.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2022, 01:52:41 PM »
JHF will ask to be traded at the end of the year. We should put our hat into the ring.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2022, 02:30:09 PM »
We need a KPF to replace Jack

What are people's thoughts on Sam Weideman from Melbourne?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2022, 02:49:50 PM »

No thanks - he is a dud - the one we should go for is Oscar Allen from West Coast.   

Allen is probably not gettable but I reckon Jamara Ugle-Hagan is

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2022, 04:27:01 PM »

How cheap can we get him? I guess if he’s cheap I would definitely do a deal if he was keen.
The club that keeps giving.