Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022  (Read 107768 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022
« Reply #645 on: October 05, 2022, 09:23:00 PM »
I feel over the last few years we haven’t been proactive as we should have been.

Deals over picks, players going for bargains have been happening all around us.

Cats saw an opp and made the most of it. Did they get inside word mid year who knows. Just like pies last year with Lipinski. I hope we aren’t considering Paddy Dow. That’s almost cringeworthy stuff getting that softie.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Broadsword

« Reply #646 on: October 05, 2022, 09:30:37 PM »
I feel over the last few years we haven’t been proactive as we should have been.

Cats saw an opp and made the most of it. Did they get inside word mid year who knows. Just like pies last year with Lipinski. I hope we aren’t considering Paddy Dow. That’s almost cringeworthy stuff getting that softie.
I mean it's all about that pick 7 right? No one actually wants to pay a flop 800k a season when you can pick up Taranto for 700k.

I don't think we can bring Taranto and Hopper in AND find space in the cap for a worse player getting paid more than both of them. Geelong must have multiple retirements coming to be able to fit that in their cap.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #647 on: October 05, 2022, 10:02:12 PM »
Find it staggering that the Eagles would be willing to give up pick 2.

First time they have had first round pick in years and it's pick 2 and they are willing to give it up.

:help

Also strange the kangas only getting 2 and a player
What happened to them getting a boatload of picks ??

The extra picks they are getting, their assistance package are picks in the 2023 draft and they have to trade them
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #648 on: October 05, 2022, 10:03:30 PM »

I mean it's all about that pick 7 right? No one actually wants to pay a flop 800k a season when you can pick up Taranto for 700k.

I don't think we can bring Taranto and Hopper in AND find space in the cap for a worse player getting paid more than both of them. Geelong must have multiple retirements coming to be able to fit that in their cap.

Get your point but they are saying his Geelong deal will be the remaining $1.6mil spread over 4 years

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #649 on: October 05, 2022, 10:05:37 PM »

First time they have had first round pick in years and it's pick 2 and they are willing to give it up.

The extra picks they are getting, their assistance package are picks in the 2023 draft and they have to trade them

Sorry, you misunderstood, which is my fault

What I mean is , the Kangas were rumoured to be getting a lot more for JHF that just pick 2 this year and a player

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #650 on: October 05, 2022, 10:49:47 PM »

Get your point but they are saying his Geelong deal will be the remaining $1.6mil spread over 4 years

I’d wait for the details to come out but I can’t imagine a player who is owed $1.7 mil for 2 years agrees to spread that over 4 years meaning he’d essentially be playing for free for 2 years. I’d imagine his salary being spread means he’s agreed to take less per year but he’s still getting extra $$$$ on top of his already owed $1.6mil. So something along the lines of 2.4mil over 4 years which comes out to 600k a year rather than the 850k a year. Bowes gets extra years and dollars and Geelong spread out his $$$ to not put as much stress on their cap with the added bonus of pick 7.

And regarding pick 7 I reckon suns will get cats first rounder ~18 back or at the very least geelongs second rounder or future second. Then Geelong split that pick 7 for 2 end of first round picks (probably with GWS who have 3 picks in the teens) and then use one on bruhn and one on Henry. It’s why I think we have gws picks 12 and 19 on the first day of trade period so that they could have as much time as possible to snag another top10 pick while we have an understanding they’d accept a combo of our remaining picks and/or a fringe player for hopper.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #651 on: October 06, 2022, 12:51:48 AM »
Agree TK. Bowes would be mad to take $2mil over four years

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #652 on: October 06, 2022, 12:59:13 AM »
Agree TK. Bowes would be mad to take $2mil over four years

Atleast that would be something, think a lot believe he’s just gonna take what he’s owed for 2 and spread it over 4 years which would be crazy on his end.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #653 on: October 06, 2022, 03:49:24 AM »
Agree WP

Pick 2 to 8 is a huge drop. A free future first is decent I guess. But I wouldn't be doing it.
UPDATE: West Coast has blocked Jason Horne-Francis' path to Port Adelaide.

And the Eagles' stance could see the three-team arrangement fall over.

https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/1577601255513681921

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #654 on: October 06, 2022, 10:09:46 AM »

Sorry, you misunderstood, which is my fault

What I mean is , the Kangas were rumoured to be getting a lot more for JHF that just pick 2 this year and a player

Got ya !

Yes. I thought they'd want 2 first round picks and a player minimum.

Maybe no Port player wants to go there. Which is no great surprise especially now with the racism situation hanging over Clarkson

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #655 on: October 06, 2022, 10:13:50 AM »

I’d wait for the details to come out but I can’t imagine a player who is owed $1.7 mil for 2 years agrees to spread that over 4 years meaning he’d essentially be playing for free for 2 years. I’d imagine his salary being spread means he’s agreed to take less per year but he’s still getting extra $$$$ on top of his already owed $1.6mil. So something along the lines of 2.4mil over 4 years which comes out to 600k a year rather than the 850k a year. Bowes gets extra years and dollars and Geelong spread out his $$$ to not put as much stress on their cap with the added bonus of pick 7.

Sorry, my bad explanation

Yes, you are correct.The scenario you've suggested is how it is being reported. The $1.6mil plus a bit extra spread over 4 years.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #656 on: October 06, 2022, 12:03:25 PM »
The Western Bulldogs are still chasing two first-round picks for Josh Dunkley, despite Brisbane trading out its top selection yesterday. Pre-season draft a growing possibility. Lions don't want to include any players in the deal.

https://twitter.com/CalTwomey/status/1577816118429114368

Josh Dunkley’s move to the Brisbane Lions is on life support less than a week out from the end of the trade period. It can be revealed the Western Bulldogs are prepared to let Dunkley go through to the pre-season draft, such is their frustration over a lack of progress with the Lions on a suitable deal.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/10/05/bulldogs-willing-to-walk-dunkley-into-the-open-market-as-brisbane-talks/

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #657 on: October 06, 2022, 01:16:35 PM »
If GWS won't budge do we pivot and chase Dunkley??

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #658 on: October 06, 2022, 02:22:31 PM »

I would > Hopper for sure.

But I think he's a better player than Hopper so I still think we'd have to find a steak knife to go with 31 + F1 at a minimum.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #659 on: October 06, 2022, 02:42:22 PM »

I would > Hopper for sure.

But I think he's a better player than Hopper so I still think we'd have to find a steak knife to go with 31 + F1 at a minimum.

Dogs have told Brisbane they want 2 first rounders for Dunkley. Don't think they are going to change that unless and we can't even offer that noe.

hypothetically we'd need to give up 2023 first rounder pick and then throw in a player that I don't think anyone of us would want to part with e.g. a Sonsie, Gibcus or Baker