Author Topic: Left vs Right Political correctness [Split from Bolton thread]  (Read 10497 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Left vs Right Political correctness [Split from Bolton thread]
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2022, 10:03:50 PM »
For some people on here who try to come across as “hard bastards”, you really are coming across as pee weak cry babies 😂

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2022, 05:06:05 PM »
Finn to be booted from Liberal Party

The Victorian Liberals are set to remove Bernie Finn from their ranks after yet another “saga” involving the outspoken MP.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/bernie-finn-to-be-booted-from-liberal-party-after-latest-abortion-controversy/news-story/e87046884003527e3fa38c8d941f3d98

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2022, 12:40:37 PM »

The Victorian Liberals are set to remove Bernie Finn from their ranks after yet another “saga” involving the outspoken MP.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/bernie-finn-to-be-booted-from-liberal-party-after-latest-abortion-controversy/news-story/e87046884003527e3fa38c8d941f3d98

Not before time

Just when I thought he couldn't sink any lower

he comes out with comments on rape victims and abortion

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2022, 10:55:43 PM »

Not before time

Just when I thought he couldn't sink any lower

he comes out with comments on rape victims and abortion
What did he say that was so bad WP?  Sorry but I don’t have a herald Sun subscription.

Is he against abortion? I’m not trying to start a debate or anything I actually am interested in what he has said that is so bad in your opinion and the nature of the why he is getting booted from the libs.

[(caveat) I’m pro life too and I personally don’t think a baby should be terminated for any reason as that is because of my strong religious beliefs]
The club that keeps giving.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2022, 07:11:53 AM »

What did he say that was so bad WP?  Sorry but I don’t have a herald Sun subscription.

Is he against abortion? I’m not trying to start a debate or anything I actually am interested in what he has said that is so bad in your opinion and the nature of the why he is getting booted from the libs.

[(caveat) I’m pro life too and I personally don’t think a baby should be terminated for any reason as that is because of my strong religious beliefs]

Yes he is very much anti-abortion which is his choice. He said he was looking forward to the US Supreme Court reversing "Roe -v- Wade", common sense he called it

But the comment that has angered people and will finally get him kicked out of his party and hopefully parliament in November related to rape victims

He was asked about abortion and rape victims and if he supported abortion for victims of rape. He said no because a child should not die because of the SINS of their parents

Nor sure how a woman being raped is a sin. Pro-life or Pro-abortion it was a disgraceful thing to say. But standard for Bernie

Tigeritis,  if you read my posts about Bernie you will see I am not a fan. He is simply a vile person and it has nothing to do with his religious beliefs. Although the fact Bernie cannot or refuses to separate religion from his role as a politician is just another example of why I have zero respect for the man.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2022, 09:31:29 AM »

Yes he is very much anti-abortion which is his choice. He said he was looking forward to the US Supreme Court reversing "Roe -v- Wade", common sense he called it

But the comment that has angered people and will finally get him kicked out of his party and hopefully parliament in November related to rape victims

He was asked about abortion and rape victims and if he supported abortion for victims of rape. He said no because a child should not die because of the SINS of their parents

Nor sure how a woman being raped is a sin. Pro-life or Pro-abortion it was a disgraceful thing to say. But standard for Bernie

Tigeritis,  if you read my posts about Bernie you will see I am not a fan. He is simply a vile person and it has nothing to do with his religious beliefs. Although the fact Bernie cannot or refuses to separate religion from his role as a politician is just another example of why I have zero respect for the man.
Thanks WP. I appreciate your reply.

I personally had no clue about Bernie at all and have not paid much attention to local politics for some time. I guess it’s time I made more effort on that front.

In terms of the offensive statement that you quoted
“a child should not die because of the SINS of their parents”

It would’ve been more appropriate or less offensive if he said sins of the father.

It’s an extremely contentious subject for many.
If only that was the sole criteria for termination.
Unfortunately it caters for only a tiny minuscule percentage of overall cases. I can only thank God that someone very close to me didn’t fall victim of that emotionally difficult decision due to the heinous crimes of another.

Thanks again for your reply.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2022, 10:00:36 AM »
I dont think thats how he meant it as this was also mentioned by him.

"Kill the rapist, don't kill the baby. It's not the baby's fault," Finn said.
"It's not the mother's fault, it's not the baby's fault, it is the rapist's fault."

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2022, 12:03:29 PM »

"It's not the mother's fault, it's not the baby's fault, it is the rapist's fault."

You're entitled to believe he didn't mean it but he also said he was praying for abortion to banned in this State ....

IMV he very much meant it; that being there is no reason for anyone to have an abortion, abortion is wrong and it should be banned

Doesn't matter now. He's been kicked out of the Liberal Party. Will now sit on the crossbench until November where all things being equal will be kicked out of Parliament all together.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2022, 12:23:29 PM »

You're entitled to believe he didn't mean it but he also said he was praying for abortion to banned in this State ....

IMV he very much meant it; that being there is no reason for anyone to have an abortion, abortion is wrong and it should be banned

Doesn't matter now. He's been kicked out of the Liberal Party. Will now sit on the crossbench until November where all things being equal will be kicked out of Parliament all together.

well without looking into it, i need to see the facts of what the bill is.

are we talking about mothers who had a fling and or were raped and decide to abort after the baby is born or just before?

what are the facts WP as i really dont know.

He has a right to his opinion, rightly or wrongly,  just like MT has a right to call anyone who believes in religion ( jews, muslim cough cough, the catholic stooges or whatever)  fruitloops who believe in fantasies.

same poo to me.

Can see how people get offended as it is a womans right, but i wouldnt like a baby being aborted over a one night stand at full term or after x months (if thats the case here). The rape part is wrong and should always be left to the woman who is traumatized IMO. Sad for the child but there are no winners lets be honest.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2022, 01:53:26 PM »

are we talking about mothers who had a fling and or were raped and decide to abort after the baby is born or just before?

He has a right to his opinion, rightly or wrongly,  just like MT has a right to call anyone who believes in religion ( jews, muslim cough cough, the catholic stooges or whatever)  fruitloops who believe in fantasies.

same poo to me.

Can see how people get offended as it is a womans right, but i wouldnt like a baby being aborted over a one night stand at full term or after x months (if thats the case here). The rape part is wrong and should always be left to the woman who is traumatized IMO. Sad for the child but there are no winners lets be honest.

What Bill Frankie? The current law in this state is that that a women can chose to have an abortion. There are no restrictions. 

Bernie is opposed to abortion no matter what the circumstance.

Yes he is entitled to his opinion but as a politician he has a responsibility to keep his religious views out of politics. Time and time again he has failed to do that.

He is just a vile human being who uses his religious convictions to justify his hateful rhetoric (just my opinion of course)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2022, 10:35:49 AM »

same poo to me.

What Bill Frankie? The current law in this state is that that a women can chose to have an abortion. There are no restrictions. 

Bernie is opposed to abortion no matter what the circumstance.

Yes he is entitled to his opinion but as a politician he has a responsibility to keep his religious views out of politics. Time and time again he has failed to do that.

He is just a vile human being who uses his religious convictions to justify his hateful rhetoric (just my opinion of course)

I was talking about the USA law that was changed or is changing. What is that all about?

Regarding Finn, i see someone who has made an opinion, which was corrected to state rapists should get killed and babies shouldnt. He seems to be partially right, and his wording should have been better.

Quite frankly i couldnt give a stuff. Unless you have been living under a rock there have been others making stupid calls and comments over the last few years that have no basis as fact and merely opinion based. Finn makes a call on what he thinks is right. Does it affect anyones life? Nope. Does it affect his. Yes which is why is no longer.

Who cares.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2022, 11:49:25 AM »
The law in the USA which came from the case "Roe-v- Wade" in the 1973 grave women the right to have an abortion without government interference Prior to that abortion was illegal in some states or was only legal with government approval

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_v._Wade

Currently there is some other case going on in the US, which I know little about but depending on its outcome a leaked report suggest that "Roe-v- Wade" decision maybe revoked by the US Supreme Court.

That leaked report is what Bernie is so excited about

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2022, 07:28:46 AM »
What is a woman?
https://youtu.be/42ivIRd9N8E

Along for the Pride
https://youtu.be/mMBzfUj5zsg

Ricky Gervais
https://youtu.be/6IU0ZXjdUVs

https://youtu.be/zoCy7uufW_g

Hahaha old mate Ricky that wouldn’t have gone down well.

That is some very funny stuff indeed. Did you get the answer to your question from MT as to how many different genders there were?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2022, 08:58:19 AM »
What is a woman?
https://youtu.be/42ivIRd9N8E

Along for the Pride
https://youtu.be/mMBzfUj5zsg

Ricky Gervais
https://youtu.be/6IU0ZXjdUVs

https://youtu.be/zoCy7uufW_g

Hahaha old mate Ricky that wouldn’t have gone down well.

That is some very funny stuff indeed. Did you get the answer to your question from MT as to how many different genders there were?
No. Heard crickets though  :lol  :rollin

What happened to Dio?