Author Topic: Daniel Rioli Tiger until 2027  (Read 1019 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Daniel Rioli Tiger until 2027
« on: August 18, 2022, 09:46:37 AM »
Awesome news

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Daniel Rioli Tiger until 2027
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 10:46:22 AM »
Bloody sensational news.

I think & hope that his form will continue and he won't do a Charlie Dixon sort of performance.

IMO should be AA40 at a minimum this year.

In fact dare I say it I wouldn't mind him being considered for a leadership role.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 12:39:27 PM »
His performance against Brisbane shows he can take on pressure. Definitely should be involved in some way or another in leadership. Been a beacon of light and a great role model for the indigenous kids. Nightclub incident aside (which I’m with Rioli on this one) for all intents and purposes he’s got a clean sheet.

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 12:39:58 PM »

In fact dare I say it I wouldn't mind him being considered for a leadership role.

Agree. It would be more than fitting for a Rioli to captain the club.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 02:46:54 PM »
Daniel Rioli signs five-year contract extension

By Richmond Media - 5 hrs ago

Dashing defender Daniel Rioli has committed his long-term future to Richmond, putting pen to paper on a five-year deal this week.

The contract extension will see the 25-year-old, who has played 135 games since being selected with Richmond’s first pick in the 2015 AFL National Draft, tied to the Club until the end of 2027.

Recruited from North Ballarat Rebels via the Tiwi Islands, Rioli earned his stripes as a creative pressure forward across over 100 senior games before flourishing in defence late last season.

The three-time premiership forward has since excelled as a rebounding weapon for the Tigers, using his pace, anticipation, and excellent kicking to become a well-rounded member of the team’s first choice back six.

Rioli ranks #2 at Richmond for disposals, intercepts, and metres gained, #3 for score launches, and #4 for marks this campaign. A four-goal hero in the Club’s breakthrough preliminary final win in 2017, Rioli has also added nine majors in 2022.

The 25-year-old said it felt “amazing” to commit to a long-term deal at a Club he felt so strongly connected with.

“It’s awesome, I am basically a Tiger for life now and I would not want to be anywhere else,” he said.

“Walking into the Club every day and seeing your teammates and all the brother boys I have formed strong ties with, it is pretty special.

“You get to see all your best mates, and you do not get to do that anywhere else. Probably the (other main) reason I signed as well is because I know the future is looking bright for us.

“My little uncle Maurice is coming through now as well; playing alongside him is something I never thought I would get a chance to do, it is a dream come true.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1201320/daniel-rioli-signs-five-year-contract-extension
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2022, 03:44:02 PM »
When betting on yourself pays off. Well done Dan, we’ll deserved  :clapping

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2022, 06:30:37 PM »
Brilliant news. Very well deserved.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2022, 06:34:19 PM »
Kane Cornes will have issues with a 5 year contract 🤣🤣

Well done Dan
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2022, 07:31:31 PM »
A five-year extension for Daniel Rioli is incredible faith for a player who was playing in the VFL last year.

https://twitter.com/DanielCherny/status/1560070359214608384

Got to love the media! :facepalm Yes because learning a new role in the VFL last year and then excelling at it in the AFL this year means he doesn't deserve such a contract :huh3.

Broadsword

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2022, 07:40:53 PM »
Legend. Deserves it.