Author Topic: Official R18 Team vs Giants  (Read 807 times)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Official R18 Team vs Giants
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2024, 01:47:19 PM »
Claw every week players are in different roles. You say rest nank and let Ryan play ruck but in other threads you’ve said how useless Ryan is. I think you just like to go against whatever the club does. Don’t take this as me trying to start something but it’s true, all you post about is how the club has got it wrong.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2024, 03:12:40 PM »
So tresize IS sub. WAFJ.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2024, 08:08:10 PM »
Claw every week players are in different roles. You say rest nank and let Ryan play ruck but in other threads you’ve said how useless Ryan is. I think you just like to go against whatever the club does. Don’t take this as me trying to start something but it’s true, all you post about is how the club has got it wrong.
Nope my preference has been  to not play Ryan at all.
Once they picked him and  moved Balta back and dropped Blight it was a reaction to his selection  trying to find a way to play  Ryan, Blight and Bauer. Thats  what the question of, why cant we play three tall forwards?  was about. and the remainder of the post was finding a way to make it work.The only way i could see playing all three was what i said.

the only way i could see  Ryan gets a game is if he plays ruck so give Nank a rest.
We should have kept Blight and we should have added Bauer as a third tall option which is what i said

Still think Balta should have played forward along with Bauer if he was fit to play. Still think Blight should have started in defense

The team i prefered  us to play was with trezise, Smith, Blight, Prestia, and Bauer all in the team. As well as the captain.
I only went down the Ryan path after he was selected.

Most weeks ive wanted McIntosh to be given the arse.
Most weeks i have commented on playing Rioli on a wing dropping shortsteps thus allowing Smith and Trezise a game.
I have certainly said my piece about Ryan and why we should not pick him. Been very consistent on all of this.

Any way hope that explains things. Next week i won't be reacting to selections i will just stick to what i think they should be doing.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2024, 08:13:49 PM »
Hugo seems to have found his spot. Good on him

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2024, 09:22:21 PM »
I very rarely buy into arguments about selection

Find it near impossible to go into bat for Claw

But FFS, how did Blight get dropped

Should have got a game on merit .. then can add the fact the playing group genuinely like him from what it seems

Comes in for a game , cops it up the arse
Smith in for a game , cops it just as hard
Steely Green , cops it, back today and kicks a few

Just play the stuffing kids .. why not ???