Author Topic: Jacob Hopper [merged]  (Read 49555 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jacob Hopper [merged]
« Reply #465 on: April 25, 2024, 12:32:18 AM »
Yeah well what more do you want to say about this guy and this clubs thought process on this?

Have we woken up yet?

Standards have fallen into a heap of poo. First to select such a dud, and second for the dud himself to be so selfish to come back on, and prove to everyone  he will always be  an injury prone b grader.

What a massive stuff up.

Bit rough. He was playing very well before he went down.

stuff him. He took on the 750k and with that comes scrutiny.

I blame the club more though allowing dimma to do that.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #466 on: April 25, 2024, 12:40:34 AM »
Not his fault, but he must take the year off and get his body right. After that must accept a renegotiated contract

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #467 on: April 25, 2024, 07:35:40 AM »
Not his fault, but he must take the year off and get his body right. After that must accept a renegotiated contract
LMAO

No, he "must" not have to renegotiate anything. Club signed him to a deal and he can remain on that deal as long as he likes
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #468 on: April 25, 2024, 12:19:49 PM »
To be fair - when he’s been on the park this year , hes been in our best .

Problem is - he’s just as injury prone as Prestia . The return on investment has been really poor so far .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #469 on: April 25, 2024, 12:23:48 PM »
To be fair - when he’s been on the park this year , hes been in our best .

Problem is - he’s just as injury prone as Prestia . The return on investment has been really poor so far .

I agree 100% with this

Those labelling him a dud etc, aren’t correct

He just needs a decent run at it, the question is whether that will happen

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #470 on: April 25, 2024, 12:47:10 PM »
He’s clearly a good player.

750k isn’t even a big salary these days, not sure what all the fuss is about there.

The bigger issue is the picks we gave up for someone who seems to get injured atleast once a month.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #471 on: April 25, 2024, 12:57:00 PM »
He is playing like he was worth $500k not 750k. We should offload him to hit up a FA that is actually half descent. You cant have someone sitting on the sidelines all the time.

This isn't just now though most of his whole career, with the exception of 1 or 2 years which were very good. He has been not consistent his whole career, and likely really poor at managing his body. Case in point was going back on the field that proved nothing, which was part his fault, and part the amateur hour that exists in our footy department these days.

Even meatball produced the same type of year last year than hopper despite being banged up and pretty much cooked.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #472 on: April 25, 2024, 12:59:24 PM »
Disagree with that FJ.

In his limited time on the park he’s been good and better than Meatball has been for a while. .

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #473 on: April 25, 2024, 01:08:13 PM »
Disagree with that FJ.

In his limited time on the park he’s been good and better than Meatball has been for a while. .

Fair enough, that is your opinion and i have mine. While stats dont tell the story i think they do here.

Meatball and Hopper shared similar stats last year and many on here would have said meatball was cooked last year so what does that tell us.

Hopper has had many excuses his whole career so far, which is why gws pretended they cared when he was let go.

IMO he would fit in well at the Cattery. They seem to get people fit and firing into their 30's and dont have anyone near their establishment called Luke. :shh

Shame he didnt choose them tbh.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #474 on: April 25, 2024, 07:56:52 PM »
i seen Hopper on the news telling the reporter he was in denial and angry. If this is what he does in full view of the camera, then how unprofessional or in denial is here off the ground?

Show some professionalism ffs.

I will say this as well. If it was Jack Graham, Cumberland or basically anyone what would everything think of that play?

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #475 on: April 25, 2024, 08:01:41 PM »
What an absolute massive reach.

You’re creating stories just to suit your narrative.

I’ve never seen a single person question his professionalism at the giants, tigers or in the afl.

Take your anger out on the club who made the trade and offered him the contract.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #476 on: April 27, 2024, 10:30:43 AM »
Scans have confirmed that Richmond midfielder Jacob Hopper suffered a mild hamstring strain in Wednesday night’s Anzac Day Eve clash against Melbourne.

The midfielder is expected to be unavailable for selection for the next two to three weeks due to the injury.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1538095/hopper-injury-update

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #477 on: April 27, 2024, 10:44:57 AM »
What an absolute massive reach.

You’re creating stories just to suit your narrative.

I’ve never seen a single person question his professionalism at the giants, tigers or in the afl.

Take your anger out on the club who made the trade and offered him the contract.

You accept the job offer, and with that comes scrutiny.

U must be unemployed if you take that point of view in the real world. I never have spared the club from criticism for making that trade either.  Wake up.

Countless injuries and u would think someone with half a brain doesn't stay on the ground after getting injured again.

As I have said in the past the standards have dropped when you have blokes carrying on like that.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #478 on: April 27, 2024, 12:35:20 PM »
You’ve taken the absolute most negative standpoint that you could possibly take on the matter.

On the flip side could it not be interpreted as a player absolutely fed up with his body letting him down and wanting to (albeit naively) try to stay on do the things he’s paid for? Didn’t Tom lynch do something very similar when he did his hammy? Didn’t see you question his professionalism then.

Like I said it’s one thing to criticise his performance when he plays but your constant endless pile up on him which stems from the club making a trade and offering a contract you don’t agree with is tiresome.