Author Topic: Jacob Hopper [merged]  (Read 52339 times)

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Jacob Hopper to Richmond thread
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2022, 08:49:25 PM »
Guys, we could have drafted another RCD or Cellis with these picks!!...

Flip side is we could have traded away 9 and 28 and missed out on Gibcus and Sonsie. Always two sides to that debate.

Its funny many supporters laud our drafting but when the club goes after a player its yep the draft is never any good.

Broadsword

« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2022, 08:50:27 PM »
Am i correct in assuming we only have pick 30 left in the ND?
Scares the bejeezus out of me when we totally ignore drafts. And if a Future 1st and pick 30 plus a ruckman is what they want then we not only knock depth around but indeed virtually ignore the ND.

Look at our last four ND.
2018 pick 20 then pick 43, Atm pick 20 looks a bust. its hardly an early pick anyway.
2019 pick 21 then pick 43 atm pick 21 looks doubtful.Again 21 is hardly a real early pick.
2020 Pick 40 then pick 51.
2021 pick 9, 17, Both these picks already look like great picks for us yet here we are already trading out similar picks.
2022 ???? atm just pick 30 and we most likely going to trade it leaving virtually no picks and taking us out of the early part of 2023 as well.

Yep im concerned you ignore the ND at your long term peril.
In saying all that if Hopper does get to us well hes a good player and id be happy to have him but is it the right way to go.

In all honesty what is Hopper worth. Yes a type we need and he would give us that badly needed depth in big inside players that we have lacked but we have Taranto. Are  his numbers worth what we are going to have to give up. He is a good player but to have no nd picks this year and not have at the very least a first rounder next year is playing with fire

As one who has been screaming for bigger good mids um one who is torn by this. In so many ways id rather we ignore this trade and use ordinary blokes like Soldo to get back into the draft where we can Target say a young KPF!!! and a big bodied type like hopper.

Next year a midfield of Taranto, Prestia, Bolton, Sonsie, with the two old boys in Cotchin and Dusty is nothing to be sneezed at.
Current rumour is Future 1st + Soldo, which leaves us with a second rounder this year and next. Not great, but not disastrous, and we get Taranto and Hopper.

It really depends on the deal. We also don't know who might get traded out for picks to be packaged up to move back up the draft order.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2022, 08:53:51 PM »
So gws second next year and ours? I would take that and run.

Soldo and a first round in an average draft is a steal for us.

I
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2022, 08:55:48 PM »
Scares the bejeezus out of me when we totally ignore drafts. And if a Future 1st and pick 30 plus a ruckman is what they want then we not only knock depth around but indeed virtually ignore the ND.

2018 pick 20 then pick 43, Atm pick 20 looks a bust. its hardly an early pick anyway.
2019 pick 21 then pick 43 atm pick 21 looks doubtful.Again 21 is hardly a real early pick.
2021 pick 9, 17, Both these picks already look like great picks for us yet here we are already trading out similar picks.
2022 ???? atm just pick 30 and we most likely going to trade it leaving virtually no picks and taking us out of the early part of 2023 as well.

In saying all that if Hopper does get to us well hes a good player and id be happy to have him but is it the right way to go.

In all honesty what is Hopper worth. Yes a type we need and he would give us that badly needed depth in big inside players that we have lacked but we have Taranto. Are  his numbers worth what we are going to have to give up. He is a good player but to have no nd picks this year and not have at the very least a first rounder next year is playing with fire

As one who has been screaming for bigger good mids um one who is torn by this. In so many ways id rather we ignore this trade and use ordinary blokes like Soldo to get back into the draft where we can Target say a young KPF!!! and a big bodied type like hopper.

Next year a midfield of Taranto, Prestia, Bolton, Sonsie, with the two old boys in Cotchin and Dusty is nothing to be sneezed at.
Being Mr literal again but I'm thinking we had 5 picks in the first 30 last year. That's hardly ignoring the draft. Ok we won't be going deep into the draft this year but if we get 2 A graders that have many years of running our in Yellow and Black who cares. Go to the draft (last year) or not go to the draft (this year) we get it wrong according to you. Give it up please.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2022, 09:02:27 PM »
Also

Being Mr literal again but I'm thinking we had 5 picks in the first 30 last year. That's hardly ignoring the draft. Ok we won't be going deep into the draft this year but if we get 2 A graders that have many years of running our in Yellow and Black who cares. Go to the draft (last year) or not go to the draft (this year) we get it wrong according to you. Give it up please.

You can ignore whats being said as usual and put a pretty spin on things but the truth is we have not had great access to the early part of the nd  for what will be 5 of  6 seasons if we trade our future first away this year.

Further to that how the hell do people think we are going to get access to a key fwd next year with no early picks to trade with. In that debate all i hear is don't worry we will just trade for one. Seems to me most of the eggs are going into one basket with not a very big eye on the long term or other areas of the list with serious deficiencies.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2022, 09:17:43 PM »
Wasn’t this year meant to be the year when there were a lot of class key forwards . I see about 3 in the mock drafts so I hope they have a a special one hidden away

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2022, 09:23:51 PM »
Also

You can ignore whats being said as usual and put a pretty spin on things but the truth is we have not had great access to the early part of the nd  for what will be 5 of  6 seasons if we trade our future first away this year.
If you think wining 3 flags in 5 years you are going to get access to top draft picks you are what you accuse us of, delusional.[/quote]
[/quote]

Further to that how the hell do people think we are going to get access to a key fwd next year with no early picks to trade with. In that debate all i hear is don't worry we will just trade for one. Seems to me most of the eggs are going into one basket with not a very big eye on the long term.
[/quote]

Yes getting Key forward in the next few years should be high on our list but it's not urgent now so trading for a couple of top Mids should be enough to keep us challenging for the next couple of years and keep your posts down to 2017 to 2019 levels.(after we win levels)
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2022, 09:26:14 PM »
Trade for the now the right thing to do. 

Broadsword

« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2022, 09:28:06 PM »
I'm already regretting those premierships. Think of the draft picks we lost access to in those years. Who knows what pick 6 could have turned into if we didn't use it on Prestia. I sit here today full of regret. What might have been.  :'(

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2022, 10:01:58 PM »
I’d throw everything into King as our forward. Jack goes next year that’s 350 and use it and George’s on King. Back end it

Let’s be honest we are going to have to find a forward very soon so let’s aim for King.

Draft picks don’t mean much when you select blokes like Dow and CCJ who will likely  depart.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2022, 10:03:31 PM »
I'm already regretting those premierships. Think of the draft picks we lost access to in those years. Who knows what pick 6 could have turned into if we didn't use it on Prestia. I sit here today full of regret. What might have been.  :'(

:cheers :lol :lol :lol

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2022, 10:39:05 PM »
I’d throw everything into King as our forward. Jack goes next year that’s 350 and use it and George’s on King. Back end it

Let’s be honest we are going to have to find a forward very soon so let’s aim for King.

Draft picks don’t mean much when you select blokes like Dow and CCJ who will likely  depart.

Doubt we’ll have the picks to be able to trade for king, we’ll be giving up next years first for hopper. Maybe in a few years when he becomes a free agent.

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2022, 12:43:45 AM »
We'd have to get a key fwd via FA i'd imagine. achieve that & these moves we are making are pure genius.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2022, 12:54:10 AM »
So gws second next year and ours? I would take that and run.

Soldo and a first round in an average draft is a steal for us.

I

Agreed I don't value Soldo highly after this year unfortunately.

Was thinking it'll be 31 + F1 + Soldo. Which I'd agree to also.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2022, 03:52:14 AM »
Quote from: Bobby Norris
hearing Hopper deal all but agreed. Soldo involved?
Quote from: Tiger71
That's what I heard this arvo.
Quote from: Bobby Norris
Was just text it so good that you’ve heard this too mate
https://twitter.com/wonderbonzi/status/1577578687675129856