Author Topic: Essendon has spoken to Simon Matthews about becoming their next CEO: Caro  (Read 6452 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
According to Caro, Simon Matthews (our chief marketing officer) is one of a couple of people Essendon has spoken to about becoming their next CEO.

Go to 2:20 min mark: https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1569297169751883782

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Essendon has spoken to Simon Matthews about becoming their next CEO: Caro
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 06:52:26 PM »
Former NAB CEO Andrew Thorburn is seen as the leading name for Essendon’s vacant CEO position. He was on the panel to appoint Brad Scott and is running the Bombers’ external review.
Richmond chief marketing officer Simon Matthews has also interviewed for the position

https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch/status/1575730185348911107

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 07:21:19 PM »
These guys are obsessed with hiring people from Richmond.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Caro is a moron, has tickets on herself total kkkkkknob, on the other hand her hubby is an ok sort of bloke, poor bastard

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Looks like the dons have opted for a churchy, scomo styles.

i saw it first on the age which is a massive surprise as they dont usually delve into rubbish like this. :lol  :lol

Never mind the accomplished CV though.

https://www.theage.com.au/cbd/essendon-broadens-church-by-nabbing-former-banker-20221003-p5bmvg.html
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Looks like the dons have opted for a churchy, scomo styles.

i saw it first on the age which is a massive surprise as they dont usually delve into rubbish like this. :lol  :lol

the Age never used to but since they've been owned by Channel 9 they have lurched towards becoming the print version of "A Current Affair"

Sad really  ;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Can’t believe people still watch that rubbish. I include 60 mins as well.

Anyway

He has just resigned, thanks to a bunch of losers who saw fit to link a former NAB CEO’s outside interests to his ability to do his job. Kind of like the ones who did the same to scomo. Bachar wouldn’t stand a chance in a professional role with the teachings of Islam.  :shh

Wonder who the front runner is now??? The bed wetters will be even happier if it’s Matthews.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Broadsword

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2022, 06:47:33 PM »
He has just resigned, thanks to a bunch of losers who saw fit to link a former NAB CEO’s outside interests to his ability to do his job.
You can't really be helping to pick out the rainbow-design guernsey for diversity round whilst secretly thinking gay people are hell-destined sinning sodomites. In that sense, I think 'outside interest' is most definitely a euphemism! It's a little more than that. Certainly a conflict of interest.

The real story is that it sounded like he was given the option to give up either Essendon or the City on the Hill Church--and chose the obscure church over Essendon. LOL.

Good riddance, Andrew. Take your 12th century nonsense with you. Have a beer with Tom Morris.  :cheers

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2022, 07:15:48 PM »

Anyway

He has just resigned, thanks to a bunch of losers who saw fit to link a former NAB CEO’s outside interests to his ability to do his job. Kind of like the ones who did the same to scomo. Bachar wouldn’t stand a chance in a professional role with the teachings of Islam.  :shh

Wonder who the front runner is now??? The bed wetters will be even happier if it’s Matthews.

I think the fact he's been outspoken is a fair difference in how Bachar follows his religion. There are different shades of grey in all religions. If you choose to be on the see you next Tuesday side I'm all for cancelling this type of rubbish out.

He should not have been appointed simply from a business point of view how disgraced he was leaving NAB before the royal commission. I reckon Essendon are blaming the cancel culture card after not doing due diligence.

Loving the circus that keeps giving at Essendon.
Go Tigers!

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2022, 07:44:29 PM »
That guy cannot be a CEO of an AFL club. Full stop.
 I’d be amazed if he’s ever going to be a CEO again after those revelations.

The article in question is on their website. C’mon, seriously.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2022, 07:57:42 PM »

The real story is that it sounded like he was given the option to give up either Essendon or the City on the Hill Church--and chose the obscure church over Essendon. LOL.

Good riddance, Andrew. Take your 12th century nonsense with you. Have a beer with Tom Morris.  :cheers

That's true Broadsword, Barham in his presser he was given the option stay as CEO and resign as Chairman of the  Church or resign as CEO and stick with the Church

He chose the latter

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2022, 08:29:29 PM »

Anyway

I think the fact he's been outspoken is a fair difference in how Bachar follows his religion. There are different shades of grey in all religions. If you choose to be on the see you next Tuesday side I'm all for cancelling this type of rubbish out.

He should not have been appointed simply from a business point of view how disgraced he was leaving NAB before the royal commission. I reckon Essendon are blaming the cancel culture card after not doing due diligence.

Loving the circus that keeps giving at Essendon.

I must have missed it how was he outspoken? Did he say something? If he did fair enough.

I wouldn’t have a clue what goes in that type of church or a mosque, but I can assure you the latter wouldn’t be favorable to homosexuals. I mean they behead their own kind in those countries. 

The times I’ve been in a church for weddings and stuff I don’t recall anyone saying they dislike homos.

Biggest difference is one promotes it in this case, and one keeps it hidden. The latter is worse as they act on your choice of becoming gay.