Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2023  (Read 63680 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2023
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2023, 08:27:49 AM »
Sadly, broad may have to go. he would be worth a pick in the 20's im sure of that. Hopefully he goes to eagles for a 4 year deal.

HH is about to turn 27 and will cost 800k for a season.

another mitch mcgovern for me. Does he ever string consecutive good games this bloke? I wouldnt know.

also he wouldnt be free, we would have to trade wouldnt we.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2023, 08:42:43 AM »
Can't see us being any hope for Ben King.

Reckon he will stay with the Suns
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2023, 08:45:39 AM »
Sadly, broad may have to go. he would be worth a pick in the 20's im sure of that. Hopefully he goes to eagles for a 4 year deal.

another mitch mcgovern for me. Does he ever string consecutive good games this bloke? I wouldnt know.

If Broad, his wife and bub (once bub arrives) want to head home to WA I wouldn't begrudge them. Would love him to stay because as lastcweek showed we are a better side with him there. But family comes first ...

HH would be free Frankie, he's a FA
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2023, 08:45:49 AM »

HH is a free agent so will only cost us $, not draft capital.  No brainer.

We could cash in some players (Graham, Broad, Soldo, Vlastuin etc) and line up picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds but our recent drafting has shown that this part of the draft is hit and miss.  We really need a top 5 pick to bring in an A grader.  Only player that I think we could trade for that sort of pick is Bolton.  He is elite no doubt but more of a cream on top player and, unfortunately, we don't really have the cake to put the cream on top of at this stage.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2023, 08:56:06 AM »

HH is a free agent so will only cost us $, not draft capital.  No brainer.

We could cash in some players (Graham, Broad, Soldo, Vlastuin etc) and line up picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds but our recent drafting has shown that this part of the draft is hit and miss.  We really need a top 5 pick to bring in an A grader.  Only player that I think we could trade for that sort of pick is Bolton.  He is elite no doubt but more of a cream on top player and, unfortunately, we don't really have the cake to put the cream on top of at this stage.

I had that wrong, i thought we had to trade much like cats did for danger etc or was that a goodwill thing? When we were winning i didnt pay attention to the draft, which seems the club didnt either.

bolton wont go after signing IMO and is only 24. Unfortunately we have to find gems with these picks, or trade future picks to get in this draft?

Who are the cats elite a graders? Perhaps we have underestimated the cats in what they have done. I go through their list and take danger out of the midfield who else they got?

IMO we screwed up with one of these gws picks because we thought were close to a flag. That is the only reason we got both so i hope we finish around 10th or higher. Recruiters need to do their job and not miss out on players who fill a need like Jacob van rooyen.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2023, 09:20:56 AM »
Simplest way to get the top 5 pick is to do a Hawthorn and release multiple established players this year then play the kids all through 2024. Will result in a bottom 5 finish

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2023, 09:25:31 AM »
Simplest way to get the top 5 pick is to do a Hawthorn and release multiple established players this year then play the kids all through 2024. Will result in a bottom 5 finish

worked for carlton and nought.

Thats a no for me. Invest in the footy department and pay over the cap ya tightarses if need be

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2023, 10:32:04 AM »
HH would be a quick fix for losing Jack, as I don’t believe Ryan is a long term replacement. But depends on the cost.. we won’t pick up a decent forward in this draft atleast unless we acquire more picks so I wouldn’t be totally against acquiring him to try and keep us afloat a little.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2023, 03:14:53 PM »
I'm not against going a bit harder for HH to join us. It will be like the Robbie Tarrant trade where we just need him to stem the bleeding. Grimes is on his last legs so he could plug the hole there for a couple of seasons or alternatively up forward with Jack nearing the end.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2023, 03:44:03 PM »
HH would be a quick fix for losing Jack, as I don’t believe Ryan is a long term replacement. But depends on the cost.. we won’t pick up a decent forward in this draft at least unless we acquire more picks so I wouldn’t be totally against acquiring him to try and keep us afloat a little.

Samson Ryan is only 22 years old. Too early IMO to make a call on him methinks.
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Broadsword

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2023, 04:21:52 PM »

worked for carlton and nought.

Thats a no for me. Invest in the footy department and pay over the cap ya tightarses if need be
I don't really want to pay over the cap. I don't know who else is, but it just seems like blatant mismanagement to me.

But I'd love to know how we think we're getting value if we're currently paying the cap.

Maybe too many coaches on big coin? If they're in for the long-term and for premierships then, like the players, they might need to sacrifice a bit to get more help in and get back to the top.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2023, 05:27:12 PM »
HH would be a quick fix for losing Jack, as I don’t believe Ryan is a long term replacement. But depends on the cost.. we won’t pick up a decent forward in this draft at least unless we acquire more picks so I wouldn’t be totally against acquiring him to try and keep us afloat a little.

Samson Ryan is only 22 years old. Too early IMO to make a call on him methinks.

Jack kicked 78 goals when he was 21.

Ryan will never get close haha

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2023, 01:05:33 PM »
From Jon Ralph in the HeraldSun:

10. Harry Himmelberg (GWS)

In a league where most of the elite intercept defenders are signed up, Himmelberg represents the best available option apart from Ben McKay as an available free agent.

His beauty is his versatility – this year he has played 68 per cent forward, 23 per cent ruck and eight per cent in defence.

He went back again on the weekend given the Giants’ defensive line is ravaged by injury but has been held goalless only once this year and ranks elite for score assists.

Richmond and GWS are keen.

Essendon will sign Darcy Parish but is hopeful it can get Zach Reid up for the last six weeks of the season to see if he is capable of holding down full back.

If not, they could emerge as a player for Himmelberg.

HARRY HIMMELBERG - STAY OR GO?
Stay  20 %
Go     80 %
631 votes

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/trade-hq/afl-free-agency-jon-ralph-lists-15-available-free-agents-in-2023/news-story/ea8fe3908c9f3475bdea50b727ba3cb1

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2023, 01:56:14 PM »
Harry would be a good get. Good replacement for Jack (who I think plays on by the way). 

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2023, 04:34:10 PM »
With no draft picks I feel like we kinda need to go hard on HH. Our list is getting more battered and his experience will be a massive asset in my opinion