Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2023  (Read 72175 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2023
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2023, 11:11:43 PM »
As I've said I'd much prefer Georgiades and I wouldn't even pay close to that for him.....and from GWS you could probably get Riccardi for less than half that.....obviously picks would be involved but it'd be like 4th rounder, 3rd at the most......:shh
I would definitely take Riccardi
The club that keeps giving.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2023, 09:05:35 AM »
I would go hard for Himmelberg , would cost us nothing , and we have nothing to other for other clubs for quality players

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2023, 12:23:01 PM »
Greater Western Sydney is prepared to offer its star free agent Harry Himmelberg a five-year deal to retain his signature, with talks over his future expected to ramp up in the coming weeks.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/944950/what-giants-will-offer-harry-hawk-in-talks-saint-hits-trigger

--------------------------------------------

Garry Lyon has scoffed at a report that GWS free agent Harry Himmelberg could command as much as $900,000 with his next contract.

The likes of Richmond, Sydney, Collingwood and Essendon have been linked with Himmelberg, but Lyon cannot fathom the numbers being thrown around.

“Harry Himmelberg is a $550,000-a-year player. $900,000? In what world is Harry Himmelberg worth $900,000? I know you’ve got to pay to get them out,” the Melbourne great told SEN Breakfast.

“If you’re paying him anywhere over $650,000, then you’re paying way too much.

“I read someone suggest he could be worth $900,000. No, he is not.”

AFL Media journalist Callum Twomey broke down the market for Himmelberg and why the price tag could reach that level.

“I think there’s about 10 clubs that are looking at him, the Giants want to keep him, I think the SA clubs (Crows and Power) would look at him as well,” he said.

“There is a free agency tax that applies to these guys to get them out. Dan McStay last year left Brisbane on a five-year contract worth about $600,000. So there’s extra money for these departing free agents.

“I still think there’s a chance he stays at the Giants. They’re still confident that he stays, but Richmond is linked, the Swans are linked, he’s going to be settling into the backline in the second half of the season so that is all a watch.

“I think for him be ripped out of GWS, it’s going to be between $700,000 and $800,000.”

Lyon added after the last comment: “He should sprint out the door if he gets that”.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/06/07/he-should-sprint-out-the-door-afl-great-scoffs-at-free-agents-usd900-000/

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2023, 12:27:27 PM »
Gary is correct.

HH is average.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2023, 01:51:02 PM »
Geelong want De Koning from Carlton and are apparently offering Freo's Sean Darcy $5m over 5 years.

https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1666981027368275970

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2023, 06:59:46 PM »
Geelong want De Koning from Carlton and are apparently offering Freo's Sean Darcy $5m over 5 years.

https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1666981027368275970

Geez I like Darcy a lot but that much? I think Grundy has proven that you never pay a ruck that money.

I thought they had a policy of not over-paying? lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2023, 12:29:11 PM »
Miles Bergman has interest from, as I understand it, every Victorian club as he weighs up his future. He’ll consider that future from Round 15 onwards in the bye,” Ralph said.

Source: Foxsports.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2023, 01:26:22 PM »
Greater Western Sydney has offered Harry Himmelberg a new long-term deal and is confident he will stay despite his free agency status.

Rival clubs including Sydney and Richmond are interested in dragging Himmelberg out of the Giants given his capacity to play as a dangerous forward or intercept defender.

GWS football boss Jason McCartney said during the week the club was prepared to offer him a deal as long as five seasons.

On Sunday he confirmed that the Giants had finally lodged a deal with Himmelberg’s agent David Trotter at Hemisphere Management.

The Giants believe the Riverina-raised 27-year-old wants to stay at the club.

While GWS might have secured a top-10 compensation pick if Himmelberg departed as a free agent he said the Giants were desperate to retain such a valuable asset.

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/trade-hq/afl-2023-latest-trade-free-agency-and-contract-news/news-story/ee29ce5f5a84307fe83efc41e6ea66ae

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2023, 06:39:58 PM »
Some whispers linking us to Ben King. I remain highly sceptical for a few fairly obvious reasons. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2023, 07:04:36 PM »
Greater Western Sydney has offered Harry Himmelberg a new long-term deal and is confident he will stay despite his free agency status.

Rival clubs including Sydney and Richmond are interested in dragging Himmelberg out of the Giants given his capacity to play as a dangerous forward or intercept defender.

GWS football boss Jason McCartney said during the week the club was prepared to offer him a deal as long as five seasons.

On Sunday he confirmed that the Giants had finally lodged a deal with Himmelberg’s agent David Trotter at Hemisphere Management.

The Giants believe the Riverina-raised 27-year-old wants to stay at the club.

While GWS might have secured a top-10 compensation pick if Himmelberg departed as a free agent he said the Giants were desperate to retain such a valuable asset.

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/trade-hq/afl-2023-latest-trade-free-agency-and-contract-news/news-story/ee29ce5f5a84307fe83efc41e6ea66ae

Their offer will ensure they get Rd 1 compo as the club he is going to will have to offer at least the same.  He is 100% gone and GWS know it.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2023, 07:10:20 PM »
Larkey re-signed for 5 so take him off the table.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2023, 10:40:50 PM »
We need to spend some more money and give Riccardi a contract.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2023, 11:44:50 PM »
Riccardi shouldn't cost that much.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2023, 01:52:33 PM »
“Himmelberg has been offered a five-year deal to stay at the Giants, there’s some confidence that that happens.

- Callum Twomey.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/06/22/twomey-offers-update-on-the-six-unsigned-unrestricted-free-agents/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2023, 09:27:41 PM »
ONE FUN FAKE TRADE IDEA FOR EACH AFL TEAM

Andrew Slevison & Nic Negrepontis
SEN
23 June 2023

We’ve decided to put together one trade for all 18 teams with the aim of building something both fun and capable of filling a need in 2024. Of course, these are all hypothetical, and as the headline suggests, just a bit of fun.

NOTE: All draft picks are based on indicative draft order after AFL Round 14

Richmond receives: Mitch Georgiades, Pick 73

Port Adelaide receives: Jack Graham, Pick 26

Richmond must soon recruit a key forward for life after Jack Riewoldt.

It’s unclear whether the 34-year-old goes around again in 2024, but regardless, the Tigers need someone to replace him sooner than later.

Most of the very best tall forwards are already locked away by their respective clubs, but there are some on the market who could be of interest to the Tigers.

Port Adelaide’s Mitch Georgiades is out of contract this year and could be keen on a change of scenery to revitalise his career. Even if a return to Western Australia is a greater possibility, the prospect of playing for a big Melbourne club might be enticing.

Georgiades is currently out with a ruptured ACL, which will sideline him for part of next season, but at 21 he is a player for the future.

One current Tiger who might possibly be used to help fill their key forward vacancy is Adelaide native Jack Graham.

Graham was a target for the Power last year but opted to stay put at Punt Road. He has had an up and down 2023 to date, however, his most recent form has been solid. He could provide depth behind Travis Boak and Ollie Wines add a hard edge to the Power midfield which will be run by Zak Butters, Connor Rozee and Jason Horne-Francis for the next decade.

In a perfect world, the Tigers would love to keep him, but may have to give up something if they wanted to lure Georgiades away from Alberton.

Given both players are out of contract this year, a straight swap could work for all parties involved, but the Power might want a better draft pick to subsidise the deal so we’ll thrown in an exchange of fourth and second-round picks.

Gold Coast receives: Noah Cumberland, Pick 63

Richmond receives: Pick 47, Pick 56 and Pick 65

Noah Cumberland, a native Sunshine Coast boy, has shown a ton of promise at Richmond, but hasn’t quite nailed down a spot in the club’s best 22. The 22-year-old is contracted for 2024 and would be a fun addition to a Suns forward line alongside Bailey Humphrey, Ben King, Jack Lukosius and Mabior Chol.

With Alex Sexton likely on the way out of the club, Cumberland looms as a younger version and somebody with a huge upside going forward at AFL level.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/06/23/one-fun-fake-trade-idea-for-all-18-afl-teams/