Author Topic: Preseason 2023 - Richmond vs North Melbourne @ Arden St, Fri. Feb 24  (Read 6412 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Preseason 2023 - Richmond vs North Melbourne @ Arden St, Fri. Feb 24
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2023, 04:51:31 PM »
I think we should train clarke for the wing role. As much as kmac and Pickett play the role asked of them and give it their all, I’ve always thought the wing is one of the positions where we could improve on. Juddy clarke with his elite kicking on both sides and strong gut running (I think) seems ideal. Maybe just needs to learn the running patterns and defensive side.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2023, 05:08:50 PM »
Yep, Kmac and Pickett run both ways all day. They are also more mature bodies and more physical. That's why they are our wingers. Clarke is still young and light-framed and as you say TK needs to learn the running patterns and work on the defensive side of the game. Loads of talent and weapons at his disposal though to use once he matures and reaches his prime. May even be able to throw onball for short bursts eventually.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2023, 08:27:09 PM »
People talk of the Lambert role well i think Clarke is ideally suited to it if there is such a role. Personally i thought Lambert primarily a forward of centre mid some people called him him a fwd mid i dont really see it that way.
Anyway either way i think Clarke a natural fwd with Lambert attributes. Id be tempted to pick him first game.  If MRJ or Cumberland don't perform he is logically the one to take their place. He is probably good enough to warrant a game but  he is going to struggle  because we choose to play so many like Bolton, Martin Taranto and now Cotchin in  fwd half roles.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2023, 09:31:31 PM »
Couldn’t find his thread so I’ll just post it here. I thought young Tom Brown showed a bit on Friday too. Looks like a vlastuin regen. Another season of vfl and he’ll be ready to go I rekn. In saying that I’d give him a crack if any of vlastuin, broad, grimes went down or were suspended.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2023, 10:20:01 PM »
One of our VFL-listed players, AT.

Bradtke on the run from 45 just misses.

95 - 79

Is he confirmed ?
I cant find anything that tells me he has signed for our VFL side & I keep a pretty good record
Lachlan Johnson is listed on the RFC's VFL squad page.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/football/vfl/players

Yes, I was referring to your answer to At where he asked about Archie May

"One of our VFL-listed players, AT."

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2023, 08:51:32 AM »
Who was it that intercepted the ball at half back, took them on and nailed Dusty on the chest so he didn’t have to break stride? Awesome vision and execution.
It was Juddy Clarke.

Here's the vision of the kick: https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1628919865049505792
Thanks MT  :cheers
The club that keeps giving.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2023, 11:18:16 AM »
I thought Tom Brown looked excellent on the weekend, interesting to see if he gets a run against the Dees.  Clarke also looked good. 
We looked quite fumbly early which is to be expected. 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2023, 03:19:51 PM »
What we learned about every AFL club in match simulation analysis

Ben Cotton, Max Laughton, Ben Waterworth and David Zita
Fox Sports
February 27th, 2023

RICHMOND

This is still a flawed side, as we saw last year when despite all of their underlying numbers looking so impressive, the Tigers lost to North Melbourne and then failed to even win one final.

But their match simulation win at Arden Street also showed the potential new strengths of this Richmond group - and for once, it’s in the midfield.

Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper were targeted additions to bolster a group that has often relied too much on Trent Cotchin, or the injury-prone Dion Prestia, and Taranto in particular showed great signs in his first televised hitout in yellow and black.

“I think Taranto has been a really great addition to this outfit and the class and different looks that he’s providing has been really exciting for the Tigers,” Fox Footy commentator Ellie Blackburn said.

“We’ve said it numerous times and we’ll probably keep saying it throughout the rest of this game but he has been outstanding and what he’s been able to provide is great excitement for the Tigers around the midfield.”

The flow-on effect of having that additional midfield muscle is allowing Dustin Martin to play even more forward time, where he often looks unstoppable - which was the case again in the third period against North.

It’s hard not to dream of what this Tigers group can be at its best. And, if the midfield really is up to scratch, that’ll help protect the sometimes-flawed defence too.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-preseason-2023-what-we-learned-about-every-club-in-match-simulations-analysis-role-changes-improved-players-recruits-best-latest-news/news-story/75e22c4bf7c57cbde50608a84c803349

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2023, 05:20:44 PM »
Finally watched it on kayo. Sheesh it was hard to watch. Yes it was a mickey mouse bit of practise but fmd.
Thank god we have three recent premierships because i dont know if i can keep on watching the game in its current form.