Author Topic: Top 25 recruits in last 5 decades  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: Top 25 recruits in last 5 decades
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2023, 08:13:41 PM »
My guess

1. Prestia

2. Stewart

3. Houli
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2023, 10:40:55 PM »
Gasper ahead of lynch is ridiculous. Unless I’m missing someone he should really only be behind Prestia. Maybe you could argue nank but I think lynch has had more impact.

Yep absolutely Gas was a good player but nothing on Lynch

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2023, 11:09:02 PM »
Gaspar was clearly the best defender in the entire competition for a period of time

Reckon people forget just how good he was

I’m not saying I have him ahead of Lynch, in fact I’d probably have Lynch ahead of him .. but it’s tight and definitely not “ridiculous” IMO

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2023, 10:18:35 AM »
Gaspar was clearly the best defender in the entire competition for a period of time

I’m not saying I have him ahead of Lynch, in fact I’d probably have Lynch ahead of him .. but it’s tight and definitely not “ridiculous” IMO

I remember very well how good he was.

But he didn't deliver premierships and although it's not his fault that the team wasn't as good as 2019 the reality is that Lynch did, so for me he is comfortably ahead of Gas.

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2023, 10:52:36 AM »

But he didn't deliver premierships and although it's not his fault that the team wasn't as good as 2019 the reality is that Lynch did, so for me he is comfortably ahead of Gas.

Hate it when team success is used to rate individuals

I assume Richo is behind Castagna as a player then?
Georgie was very important in the third quarter against Geelong in 2020 and a triple premiership player .. Richo didn’t deliver premierships so he must be behind Castagna going on the above?

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2023, 01:04:48 PM »

Georgie was very important in the third quarter against Geelong in 2020 and a triple premiership player .. Richo didn’t deliver premierships so he must be behind Castagna going on the above?

And I dislike when people take the pee, become sarcastic, act ignorant, or use dumb hypotheticals/comparisons for the sake of making an argument.

Gas was great. Lynch is great and won us a flag. To me that puts him comfortably ahead of Gas.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2023, 09:09:06 PM »

And I dislike when people take the pee, become sarcastic, act ignorant, or use dumb hypotheticals/comparisons for the sake of making an argument.

Gas was great. Lynch is great and won us a flag. To me that puts him comfortably ahead of Gas.

No worries champ
Sorry for not agreeing with your exact way of looking at things

I’ll endeavour to be better in the future Sir Andy

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2023, 08:33:17 AM »

Just his kicking was a problem, took forever to get from hand to foot. Loved him tho, saved us from plenty of beltings….
I do think Lynch in 2019 was one of the all time greatest seasons I’ve seen from a tiger forward. He single handedly kept us going there in a number of games including the prelim
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame