Author Topic: Who of our young players are good enough ?  (Read 4830 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Who of our young players are good enough ?
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2024, 05:18:14 PM »
Does anyone know when Tas will start compromising the drafts?

Going off what happened with GC & GWS - 2026 they'll get at least a dozen of the best bottom agers for their reserves side that'll enter the VFL   in 2027 and the next year (2027 draft) they'll get the draft concessions for when they enter the AFL in 2028..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2024, 04:37:44 PM »
Well season 2024 is just about done, I doubt there's much more to see in any of the players. Another pre season please.
The concerning thing is it's been 2 seasons since I made this post and tbh there isn't much to get excited about.

Ross - Could be a decent role player / Showed some development but seems injury prone. could be a good role player
Rioli - Could be a decent role player / Likewise to Ross
Ralphsmith - Wont make it IMO / Showed some development but still along way to go IMO, atleast hes trending in the right direction.
Dow - Wont make it IMO, BUT does deserve a block of games this year. / Delist.
Brown - Doesnt seem like he's progressing at VFL level / Showed a bit but need more improvment
Mansell - Wont make it IMO / Showed a bit as well.. atleast he tackles and tries his heart out
Ryan - I think he will stick around due to our complete lack of KPF but again wont make it IMO / Opinion hasnt changed on Ryan. No improvement
Bradtke - havent seen enough / Delisted
Cumberland - Could be a star / Will probably be delisted
Colina - 0 Chance of making it / Delist
Sonesie - Could be a decent role player, could be a star. / Has shown no improvment, if anything regressed. Played out of position or not, you have to be flexible
Banks - Same as Brown / Disappointing, what are his strengths ?
Clarke - Wont make it IMO / ACL
Bauer - Apparently having some success in the backline, havent seen enough / Injury prone
Miller - could be a decent role player / Could be a decent KPD
Young - could be a decent role player / Was really poor before the ACL
Biggie - wont make it imo / delisted
Gibcus - Could be a star / ACL
 Then green, campbell and smith who I havent seen enough of.

Funnily eough Green and Campbell have both shown a lot and I think next year they could have real breakout years.
Point is that we dont have the talent on our list coming through IMO so we must hit the draft hard.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2024, 12:38:15 AM »
According to Montagna on Fox Footy's First Crack:

Players drafted from the top 20 under 25 years of age:

North Melb. 11
Gold Coast  10
GWS          10
Fremantle    9
Hawthorn    8
Richmond   2  (Gibcus, Brown)

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2024, 09:25:41 PM »
Well season 2024 is just about done, I doubt there's much more to see in any of the players. Another pre season please.
The concerning thing is it's been 2 seasons since I made this post and tbh there isn't much to get excited about.

Ross 24yo - Could be a decent role player / Showed some development but seems injury prone. could be a good role player
Rioli 23yo- Could be a decent role player / Likewise to Ross
Ralphsmith 23yo - Wont make it IMO / Showed some development but still along way to go IMO, atleast hes trending in the right direction.
Dow 23yo- Wont make it IMO, BUT does deserve a block of games this year. / Delist.
Brown 21yo - Doesnt seem like he's progressing at VFL level / Showed a bit but need more improvment
Mansell 24yo - Wont make it IMO / Showed a bit as well.. atleast he tackles and tries his heart out
Ryan 24yo - I think he will stick around due to our complete lack of KPF but again wont make it IMO / Opinion hasnt changed on Ryan. No improvement
Bradtke - havent seen enough / Delisted
Cumberland 24yo - Could be a star / Will probably be delisted
Colina  25yo- 0 Chance of making it / Delist
Sonesie 22yo - Could be a decent role player, could be a star. / Has shown no improvment, if anything regressed. Played out of position or not, you have to be flexible
Banks 22yo - Same as Brown / Disappointing, what are his strengths ?
Clarke 21 yo - Wont make it IMO / ACL
Bauer 22yo  - Apparently having some success in the backline, havent seen enough / Injury prone
Miller 25yo  - could be a decent role player / Could be a decent KPD
Young 26 yo- could be a decent role player / Was really poor before the ACL
Biggie - wont make it imo / delisted
Gibcus 22yo - Could be a star / ACL
 Then green 21yo, campbell 20yo  and smith 20yo who I havent seen enough of.

Funnily eough Green and Campbell have both shown a lot and I think next year they could have real breakout years.
Point is that we dont have the talent on our list coming through IMO so we must hit the draft hard.

So many of them are no longer kids and the clock is ticking.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2024, 09:34:04 PM »
Essendon have 19 first rounders on their list. They are garbage.

It's imperative that we have the right development program and also access to the top end talent. Picks in the teens can be useless without top end supporting them. Would Jack have been as good Ina team with Cotch and Dusty? Rance. Possibly not.

It's so important we nail this draft period and do whatever we can to climb up that first round to get access to 2 elite mids.
Go Tigers!

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2024, 10:01:34 PM »
Essendon have 19 first rounders on their list. They are garbage.

It's imperative that we have the right development program and also access to the top end talent. Picks in the teens can be useless without top end supporting them. Would Jack have been as good Ina team with Cotch and Dusty? Rance. Possibly not.

It's so important we nail this draft period and do whatever we can to climb up that first round to get access to 2 elite mids.

I tend to agree.

Iwas just mucking around throwing a things up in the air in an attempt to get as many good picks as we can. I ended up with something like this and i do not think it unrreasonable. I think i surprised myself.

Okay to start with i thought lets split #1 not sure how, thats the problem but lets say we end up with pick 4 and 9 from the split.
Either that or we just keep pick 1 and get Smillie lol.

Okay
Baker and 33  to freo for 12 and 25. Not unrealistic imo.

D Rioli to the gcs after all they have been sniffing around.Our return on that 6 and 20. think thats fair.

Graham to wce is the talk compo would be pick 40 or thereabouts.
we have an abundance of picks that we can bundle up to a club needing picks for f/s and acadamy players. top 20 pick lets say 19.absolutely on the cards.

Just with that we would end up with
1, 6, 12, 19, 20, 21, ,25, 40,41

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2024, 10:15:54 PM »
How many 1st round picks do the contenders have this year?

Lions
Swans
Dockers
Port
Dogs
Giants
Blues

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2024, 10:42:53 PM »
Great White Elephant really should be undefeated with a percentage of 250+ and going for a fivepeat with their list..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.