Author Topic: Crocker, Brittain, Spargo and Beck almost certain to go  (Read 2800 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Crocker, Brittain, Spargo and Beck almost certain to go
« on: August 06, 2004, 02:48:07 AM »
Frawley plea for assistants
By Caroline Wilson
realfooty.theage.com.au
August 6, 2004

Departing Richmond coach Danny Frawley has delivered a plea on behalf of his three assistants amid the inevitable speculation of a shake-up at Tigerland.

With Terry Wallace expected to sign a four-year deal with the club within a week, Frawley admitted yesterday he feared for his lieutenants Wayne Brittain, Darren Crocker and Paul Spargo - none of whom have been guaranteed a job next season.

Frawley said all three men should not be lost to the industry. "The sooner we as a club make a decision, the sooner these guys will know where they are," said Frawley. "It's not only senior coaches, there's a lot of very well-credentialled assistants in limbo land as well."

Former Kangaroo Crocker has worked alongside Frawley since 2000, and almost two years ago knocked back an opportunity to return to Arden Street to assist Dean Laidley. Brittain, sacked by Carlton at the end of 2002, chose Richmond over an assistant's position at Melbourne.

"Our stoppage work under Wayne has improved tremendously," said Frawley. "He's just a very good football coach, good at nurturing the boys and he doesn't suffer fools. We were being killed out of the centre before he came and now we are ranked fourth in the competition at stoppage work."

Frawley said Matthew Richardson's form this season and Kayne Pettifer's improvement could be attributed to Crocker's work with the Tiger forwards. "While we haven't been winning games, his work with certain forwards has made them better players," he said.

Of former Kangaroo Spargo, Frawley said: "He has just been terrific at Coburg. He's of the John Kennedy school - there's no grey areas for him, which is just a great asset to have at a footy club. It is not their fault the club's where it's at and I just hope people recognise that there are still a hell of a lot of good people at our club."

Tigers football boss Greg Miller conceded he could not guarantee any jobs in the football department beyond 2004. Recruiter Greg Beck is one who looks certain to be replaced.

"All I've said to them is to retain their professionalism over the remaining weeks," said Miller. "When the new coach comes on board, he will appraise them. But I could make them no promises until the new coach arrives.

"That's the merry-go-round, isn't it? I can't say much more except I've always been a big believer in the new coach putting his stamp on the place."

http://realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/08/05/1091558001870.htm
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

Re: Crocker, Brittain, Spargo and Beck almost certain to go
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 02:56:09 AM »
C'Ya :cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 03:06:38 AM »
Tigers football boss Greg Miller conceded he could not guarantee any jobs in the football department beyond 2004. Recruiter Greg Beck is one who looks certain to be replaced.

"I've always been a big believer in the new coach putting his stamp on the place."

That last line says to me they are all won't be at Tigerland next year.

"Our stoppage work under Wayne has improved tremendously," said Frawley. "He's just a very good football coach, good at nurturing the boys and he doesn't suffer fools. We were being killed out of the centre before he came and now we are ranked fourth in the competition at stoppage work."

Centre Bounce Clearances: Richmond 16th ???

Source: http://www.prowess.com.au/pro-stats/

Although ball-ups and throw-ins we are in the top 2 for clearances. For total clearances we are listed as 8th in the AFL.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 06:42:46 AM »
I reckon on the last day of the season Dudley and his cronies should be brought onto the ground in stalls, medievel style so we can propel eggs, rotten fruit and veg, and bullets at them. Time to die boys.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 07:44:04 AM »

With Terry Wallace expected to sign a four-year deal with the club within a week, Frawley admitted yesterday he feared for his lieutenants Wayne Brittain, Darren Crocker and Paul Spargo - none of whom have been guaranteed a job next season.

Er... source(or sauce) Caro
 :help
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004, 07:57:16 AM »
you will find they are all out of contract at season ends anyway. Terry is bringing his own team anyway. I hope he leaves Noble at Glenelg though, he hasnt much idea

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2004, 10:05:42 AM »
Ciao....bye bye...aide yeia malakes....sayonara.....c'ya mate......adios.......

No no no dont turn around....just keep walking out the door.....
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2004, 11:49:36 AM »
I reckon on the last day of the season Dudley and his cronies should be brought onto the ground in stalls, medievel style so we can propel eggs, rotten fruit and veg, and bullets at them. Time to die boys.

lmfaooo jake. A good old fashioned catapulting out of the stadium will do for me.

Ox

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2004, 01:10:45 PM »
I suggest we set them loose on the MCG with only their cunning to protect them
from the hoardes of ferals,armed with baseball bats and chains.

LMAOOOOO@Bashing them to death in public once the season is over.

The MCG will be colosseum-like as the punters scream with anxious ferocity.

froars

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2004, 01:17:01 PM »
You've got such a sweet nature, Ox  :rollin

Offline Disco

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2004, 02:09:29 PM »
Beck leaving Tigerland!!!!

Best news since the 1980 Grandfinal Win!! :cheers

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2004, 02:42:11 PM »

lmfaooo jake. A good old fashioned catapulting out of the stadium will do for me.

Congratulations. That beats your soggy bottom post!

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2004, 03:33:50 PM »
Again Frawley shows us just how detached from reality he really is.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline shano62

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2004, 03:37:19 PM »
Lets Hope G Beck is leaving punt road at end of the season AT LAST HE IS A DUD :bow