Author Topic: Gilmour & Raines should play against Hawks  (Read 1412 times)

PuntRdRoar

Gilmour & Raines should play against Hawks
« on: August 06, 2004, 01:45:29 PM »
I hope that in the week we play hawthorn...our coaches decide to fully showcase our youngsters for next season by giving debut games to Alex Gilmour and Andy Raines. This should also be a game where Daniel Jackson and all of our youngsters are named and get to play...I think it would be fantastic to have 9 or 10 players in that game under 20 years of age.

froars

Re: Gilmour & Raines should play against Hawks
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 01:59:05 PM »
I've only seen Coburg play once this year and that was a couple of weeks ago.  Raines didn't look up to it this year from what i saw.  I don't see the hurry in playing him this year.

Don't know about Gilmour how consistent he's been.  Anyone know how he's gone???

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Gilmour & Raines should play against Hawks
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 05:39:20 PM »
I was thinking along similar lines TR.  Would be great to see, even if it was for only one game.  The experience in itself would be worth any number of games in the VFL.

Now is the perfect opportunity to experiment and give the young players a real go, before the end of the season.  And it would be good to see them give Hartigan a go in the midfield or further up the ground.  He deserves a Rising Star nomination and he’s more likely to get one playing anywhere but a defensive/tagging role.

Froars, Gilmour didn’t play last week, due to injury.  But he’s back this week.  Not sure about his consistency, but I think he has mainly played in defence.  Except for the week before ?? he got injured, when he was played up forward and kicked quite a few goals.  Forget how many now.  Don’t suppose that helps much.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.