Author Topic: List management: Keep, trade or delist?  (Read 37757 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: List management: Keep, trade or delist?
« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2023, 07:47:19 PM »
Claw I just wonder what you think of this:-

We trade in Koschitzke for maybe Ralphsmith.
We trade out Soldo and Graham for Marshall and Lord. 

I think Ralphsmith would add a bit of midfield pace that the Hawks seem to lack atm.
While Soldo is probably worth less than Marshall, I would say Graham is more valuable than Lord.

While Soldo is 27, he was a late starter and is only in his 5th year of seniors with a premiership in 2019. I actually think Soldo is a better ruck than Nank judging on this year but we cant trade out our captain and Ivan and Port seem interested in each other.

While Graham is 25, he has two premierships (2017, 20) and was 2nd in our 2021 B&F. This year was very poor from Jack but going back to SA might well ignite him to get fitter. I think he would, at his best, add a bit of hardness to Port's midfield replacing Boak.

The whole point of trades is to give up what you have in abundance to get what you lack.
We have probably too many rucks and small mids but we lack tall forwards.

Win - win for both clubs I think.
The main problem with this is I doubt Port would trade out TWO key forwards.

Doubt port would do that for soldo and Graham.

Dixon is cooked and all they have left is georgiades

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #166 on: September 25, 2023, 08:24:00 PM »
Port are desperate for a ruck and Sweet aint it.
They would give up Lord (and a pick) and maybe Marshall.

As has been said here Graham wants to go back to SA and was burned by Port last year when they switched to Horne-Francis so maybe the Crows want to deal. What do they have as a key forward?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #167 on: September 25, 2023, 09:10:14 PM »

As has been said here Graham wants to go back to SA and was burned by Port last year when they switched to Horne-Francis so maybe the Crows want to deal. What do they have as a key forward?

There is no way that Port will trading Marshall. No way

And sorry I must have missed it where it was said Graham wants to go back to SA.  :-\

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #168 on: September 25, 2023, 09:34:35 PM »

I'd take Fogarty in a heartbeat but they won't trade him

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #169 on: September 25, 2023, 11:45:55 PM »
There is no way that Port will trading Marshall. No way

And sorry I must have missed it where it was said Graham wants to go back to SA.  :-\
The thing about Marshall is that while he is from Deni, he played with the Murray Bushies in his junior years.
He may want to come back to play footy in Victoria after his contract ends in a year or so.
If he has those ideas in his head then it may well be better for Port to let him go early and get a better deal than as a free agent at the end of his contract.

As I said I don't think its possible but if you don't ask you won't know.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #170 on: September 27, 2023, 09:35:53 AM »

I think Ralphsmith would add a bit of midfield pace that the Hawks seem to lack atm.
While Soldo is probably worth less than Marshall, I would say Graham is more valuable than Lord.

While Soldo is 27, he was a late starter and is only in his 5th year of seniors with a premiership in 2019. I actually think Soldo is a better ruck than Nank judging on this year but we cant trade out our captain and Ivan and Port seem interested in each other.

While Graham is 25, he has two premierships (2017, 20) and was 2nd in our 2021 B&F. This year was very poor from Jack but going back to SA might well ignite him to get fitter. I think he would, at his best, add a bit of hardness to Port's midfield replacing Boak.

The whole point of trades is to give up what you have in abundance to get what you lack.

Hmm Port do it different to us when it comes to talls most clubs do.

Their future set up would be Marshall, Lord and Georgiades.
They will not be trading any of them unless one of them wants out and why would they. Dixon is getting on and all three are better options than Finlayson imo.
So they  have Dixon who may have another season or two in him, Finlayson who was a stop gap imo while the first three develop and last they have a kid i like in Scully also developing. All are genuine forwards.

Maybe we need to take a leaf out of their book and just draft more genuine tall forwards as its going to take awhile before we really challenge again.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: September 27, 2023, 01:39:53 PM »

Hmm Port do it different to us when it comes to talls most clubs do.

Their future set up would be Marshall, Lord and Georgiades.
They will not be trading any of them unless one of them wants out and why would they. Dixon is getting on and all three are better options than Finlayson imo.
So they  have Dixon who may have another season or two in him, Finlayson who was a stop gap imo while the first three develop and last they have a kid i like in Scully also developing. All are genuine forwards.

Maybe we need to take a leaf out of their book and just draft more genuine tall forwards as its going to take awhile before we really challenge again.

Honestly I feel like we should take a key forward and defender every single year either by ND or rookie or MSD etc.

Some of the late picks come good eg Mitch Lewis P76 and Larkey P73. They take a while so you may as well have a punt with your 3-4th pick anyway.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #172 on: September 27, 2023, 05:27:38 PM »
Bring back Reece McKenzie!

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #173 on: September 27, 2023, 07:09:23 PM »
We haven't drafted for needs been a big issue.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: September 28, 2023, 08:44:04 PM »
 Hugo staying :shh

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: September 28, 2023, 09:12:17 PM »

Cool - he’ll probably be delisted anyway so only staying a few more weeks

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #176 on: September 28, 2023, 09:36:33 PM »
 :chuck :chuck :chuck
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: September 29, 2023, 10:35:55 AM »
Soldo is likely to move as the club believes we have support in Ryan, Miller and Kosi can play ruck. A draft pick coming back would be the best result. Don't believe the Snelling talk has any substance.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #178 on: September 29, 2023, 11:39:42 AM »
:lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: October 01, 2023, 03:13:29 PM »

Cool - he’ll probably be delisted anyway so only staying a few more weeks

:lol

I enjoyed that.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.