Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 96280 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #240 on: July 27, 2023, 05:13:41 PM »
Can we tap their tackling coach while we're at it? :shh
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 06:17:50 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #241 on: July 27, 2023, 10:45:53 PM »
Highly-rated Collingwood assistant coach Justin Leppitsch has revealed he is unlikely to pursue the vacant senior roles at Richmond and Gold Coast, saying he plans to remain at the Magpies next season.

Asked if he would pitch for the Tigers’ role – where he is a $5.50 second favourite with TAB behind caretaker coach Andrew McQualter ($1.80) – Leppitsch said: “Not at this stage, my intention is to stay doing what I am doing and working with Collingwood.”

“I haven’t had any other conversations. I don’t like to answer yes or no (on coaching) … all I need to tell you is my mind is firmly fixed on staying at Collingwood, and keep doing what I’m doing.”

“I want to keep growing (as a coach) and to see what that looks like,” he said. “It doesn’t mean you are never going to be a senior coach one day, and it may come sooner than later. Look at someone like Chris Fagan, who has done it a lot later in life.

“Football coaching has become a lot more about management now and my role at Collingwood is definitely a lot vaster than what it was at Richmond.

“There is a bit more responsibility in the strategy space as much as what we do on the field.”

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/afl-2023-richmond-tap-melbourne-storm-baseball-to-select-their-next-senior-coach/news-story/60ae3430078cd4366187248669e10a65

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #242 on: July 27, 2023, 10:51:28 PM »
If we make it to a prelim, mcqualter is guaranteed the job. If we don’t make the 8 or if we bomb out week 1 my gut tells me they’ll try and shake things up and freshen things up a bit

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #243 on: July 27, 2023, 11:19:35 PM »
Tom Browne on 7news earlier tonight:

WATCH HERE: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1684486573046521856

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #244 on: July 28, 2023, 12:26:49 AM »
I like it. Mini and a selection of highly rated assistant coaches with no senior experience  :clapping

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #245 on: July 28, 2023, 01:28:24 AM »
Carr the best of that lot by some distance
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #246 on: July 28, 2023, 01:34:10 AM »
Mini over Carr will be like Wallace over Clarkson. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #247 on: July 28, 2023, 02:11:53 AM »
I really don’t think we have the information to claim one assistant is definitively better than the other. I don’t think many on here thought much of fly or Kingsley and look how they’re doing. And those are 2 assistants we actually had knowledge on given they were at the club we follow and support. Other than what’s being put out by the media, how much do we really know about all the candidates in terms of their tactical nous, leadership, man management, etc.?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #248 on: July 28, 2023, 08:30:32 AM »
Many did and Leppa too, and who would have thought grabbing those 2 who were integral to our flags, would work.

Look at their game plan, look at how they communicate. Its copied from our flag years DNA.

Kingsley hasnt proven jack poo and fly really hasnt. I suspect that is changing pretty soon.

Its why i think they will go all in all on King to further attempt to replicate what we did when we grabbed Lynch.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #249 on: July 28, 2023, 11:48:58 AM »
From Barrett's 'Sliding Doors' column:

IF ...
the Tigers don't enquire of Chris Scott's senior assistant coaches Nigel Lappin and Shaun Grigg as part of their Replace-Dimma project ...

THEN ...
I'll be very surprised. Lappin may not want to do it, Grigg may not quite be ready. But both worth a call, if those calls haven't already been made.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/987162/if-the-showdown-is-more-of-a-hatred-than-a-rivalry-then

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #250 on: July 28, 2023, 11:54:35 AM »
Damian Barrett and Sarah Olle on the AFL website discussing who will be our next coach.

Go to 8:20 min mark: https://omny.fm/shows/afl-daily/old-fashioned-footy-collingwood-v-carlton-a-tale-a

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #251 on: July 30, 2023, 02:16:43 PM »
IS RICHMOND’S COACHING SEARCH A TWO-HORSE RACE?

Lachlan Geleit
SEN
30 July 2023

Is Richmond’s coaching search to find Damien Hardwick’s replacement a two-horse race?

While it appears like it’s interim boss Andrew McQualter’s job to lose, Seven’s Mitch Cleary is reporting that Port Adelaide assistant Josh Carr is “rising in estimations” at Tigerland.

Carr returned to Port Adelaide in 2023 after a three-year stint under Justin Longmuir at Fremantle and many believe his influence has helped the Power in their surprise campaign so far.

Garry Lyon believes Carr could be interested in chasing the Richmond role as he may have taken the job at the Power hoping he’d take over from Ken Hinkley.

With Hinkley now seeming destined to extend at Port Adelaide, Carr will be gettable for the Tigers and Lyon discussed Richmond’s coaching search with Tim Watson on SEN Breakfast.

Lyon: “Richmond's coaching job you said McQualter stands alone … and whoever gets it has to beat him and I think that's right.”

Watson: “You don't take on the challenger, you take on the title holder.”

Lyon: “Well Josh Carr, my sources tell me was all but over the line at Port Adelaide, to take over from Ken Hinkley.

“So, he was brought back to (Port Adelaide to take over from Ken Hinkley.

“The anticipation was that Port Adelaide wouldn't have the year that they're having, and therefore that the time would have come for both Ken and Port very politely and amicably say, ‘It's been a great 10 years, but we haven't been able to get there’ … but that’s not happening it appears.

“We're a week away from August and it looks like Ken Hinkley, and why wouldn't you, going to get a new deal.

“That leaves Josh Carr there going, ‘Righto, what does that mean for me?’.

“Your man (Mitch Cleary) says Richmond are all over him.”

Watson: “Well, Mitch Cleary said on Thursday night on our news that he is very much in the frame.

“He's got a lot of boosters out there … people who talk very highly of him.

“People in the industry say that the fact that he's moved away from Fremantle has meant that there's been a lessening in performance from their midfield.

Lyon: “That doesn’t hurt their (the boosters’) narrative.

Watson: “If you're in Richmond's position, you'd be, even though McQualter is doing a really good job and we hear the players talk about him … they still need to be certain that way have is better than what might be out there.”

Lyon: “They would be, I’m sure.

Watson: “The way that they do that is they bring him (Carr) in, and they do the interview process and they talk to him and then they can measure him against what they already have in Andrew McQualter.”

Richmond finalised their panel to find Hardwick’s full-time successor on Thursday.

Richmond figures Tim Livingstone, Blair Hartley and Henriette Rothschild will sit on the panel alongside Football Australia’s Paddy Steinfort and Melbourne Storm’s Frank Ponissi.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/07/30/is-richmonds-coaching-search-a-two-horse-race/

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #252 on: July 30, 2023, 07:40:35 PM »
Subbing off Miller was a coach killer and Dimma did the same to early year along with moving Balta out of defence and floodgates opened. Forward line still incompetent.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #253 on: July 30, 2023, 09:19:21 PM »
Not Carr.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #254 on: July 30, 2023, 09:22:29 PM »
Subbing off Miller was a coach killer and Dimma did the same to early year along with moving Balta out of defence and floodgates opened. Forward line still incompetent.

Have no issue with Miller being subbed out. He was ineffective all day.

Not surprised Balta went forward, had to try something and Noah had been woeful down back all day

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)