Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 54856 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2023, 07:15:14 AM »
Daniel Giansiracusa was said to be the man behind our "Chaos" system. Strategy worked but has the game gone past that(stand rule) and does a Strategy guy work as a head coach. Stuffed if I know but he might be worth a go.

Caracella?

Yep it was Caracella

Giansiracusa has never been at Richmond
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2023, 07:59:43 AM »
Daniel Giansiracusa was said to be the man behind our "Chaos" system. Strategy worked but has the game gone past that(stand rule) and does a Strategy guy work as a head coach. Stuffed if I know but he might be worth a go.

Caracella?

Yep it was Caracella

Giansiracusa has never been at Richmond
Yep that's who I meant. Scotch and a shock coach quitting don't mix.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2023, 08:21:52 AM »
Whoever we select, a lot of people will be unhappy….

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2023, 08:24:26 AM »
Buckley
Hinkley
Teague
Rutten
All duds

Leppa, knights

Morris needs more time

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2023, 09:03:08 AM »
If we want a tactical coach Pyke is the man.

Lol his got no idea ruined a football club.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2023, 10:46:16 AM »
If we want a tactical coach Pyke is the man.
Would rather a passionate coach, Buckley tactical, Dimma was tactical IMO and changed his style in 2016/2017

Offline Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2023, 11:10:50 AM »
We haven’t been the same team since Leppa left. Coincidence…. Maybe!
But, in saying that I feel like our current assistants aren’t getting anything out of our players, our skills and game plan have gone backwards at a rate it knots and our draftees are not improving.
Time for a clean out off field and in the coaches box.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2023, 11:30:48 AM »
I'd give a whole overhaul. Bit like what we did in 2016 and what Saints have done this year.

I'd look at pinching assistants from Melb, Pies, Lions, Cats and Swans. Personally would go for an experienced assistant who hasn't had an AFL gig. Hinkley I'm not that interested in, Buckley I guess just for PR reason he fits a big club but not sold. Maybe.

I'd be looking at guys like Leppa, Adam Yze from Melb (who apparently was very very close to Essendon gig), Lenny Hayes, Knights, Giansiracusa, Scott Burns. Don't think any of them would choose to stay over coaching us. Maybe Leppa as he seems very happy not senior coaching.
Go Tigers!

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2023, 11:35:19 AM »
agree. Clean the whole coaching group out. Fresh start.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2023, 12:25:54 PM »
Is Jade the Blade's trusty sidekick Big Note available? :shh

Imagine getting that duo back together. Coburg glory days recreated.... :shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2023, 01:18:33 PM »
THE PEOPLE RICHMOND SHOULD FIRST CALL TO REPLACE HARDWICK

Andrew Slevison
SEN
23 May 2023

SEN Breakfast’s Tim Watson and Sam Edmund have discussed who they believe should be the coaches on the radar of the Tigers who have been helmed by Hardwick since late 2009.

Watson believes former Tigers assistant and current Collingwood assistant Justin Leppitsch could be the man.

“Do you think that they’d look at somebody like Lepptisch, who was there, he’s got great cache in this business, they know what he’s like,” Watson said.

“Do you think they would look at someone like him that has been there already?”

That prompted a back and forth between he and Edmund who feels the Tigers might be better off targeting a current coach who comes out of contract this year.

Port Adelaide’s Ken Hinkley could become available provided the Power don’t look to extend him at some point this season.

“Surely their first call - and they will go through a proper process and there will be the assistants like the Josh Carrs of the world who is next in line and all these guys - but their first call has to be to Ken Hinkley,” Edmund said.

“Has to be. He doesn’t have a contract, he doesn’t have a job for next year. He is plan 1A, B and C at the moment, surely.”

Watson queried whether or not Hinkley’s lack of ultimate success would be a sticking point.

Watson: “When you’re looking at it harshly and he hasn’t been able to deliver ‘the’ silverware to this point, does that not become part of the conversation too?”

Edmund: “Only one team can win the premiership and it didn’t hurt Ross Lyon’s credentials that he wasn’t quite able to get over the hump.”

Watson: “A little bit different because Ross Lyon had multiple teams in Grand Finals.”

Edmund: “Kenny has played off in a couple of prelims.

“I think we all agree that Ken Hinkley is a good coach and is probably coaching as well as he’s ever coached at the moment.”

Watson: “They’re going well at the moment.

“If you’re saying to me that he would be the first to call, I don’t see him being the first call.”

Edmund: “No? Who’s the first call?”

Watson: “I said Leppitsch would possibly be the first call.

“He’s already occupied a space there, he’s been part of Richmond, he understands Richmond, they understand him.”

Edmund: “But as good as ‘Leppa’ is tactically, his senior coaching resume doesn’t hold up to Ken’s.”

Watson: “No, but he started at a poorer club at a time when they were going through some rebuilding as a first-up coach.

“One would have to assume that you are going to be a lot better second time around when you’ve had the experiences.

“If he wants to. Maybe he doesn’t want to.”

Edmund: “Port Adelaide were bottom of the barrel too. The change at that club in Ken Hinkley’s time has been immense.

“He would be my first call anyway given his contract situation.

“I think they will come far and wide for this job. Of course they would.”

Watson and Edmund also spoke about how attractive the Richmond job would be to potential suitors and what the club’s list will look like next year.

Edmund believes it is “absolutely a plumb job” even if the likes of Trent Cotchin and Jack Riewoldt could be on their way out at the end of this season.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/05/22/the-people-richmond-should-first-call-to-replace-hardwick/

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2023, 01:33:13 PM »
I don't want Ken Hinkley anywhere near our club

New coach from outside the club. Time for some fresh ideas and a new mind to start making decisions on our list
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2023, 01:37:03 PM »
Longmire?

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2023, 01:38:53 PM »
I'm warming to Nathan Buckley. 

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame