Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 95218 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #885 on: July 24, 2024, 11:54:14 PM »
"Totally out of line..."

@HarfSerious says a certain bit of criticism being directed at Adem Yze is completely unfair.

https://x.com/RSN927/status/1815532817432072607

https://rsn.net.au/news/rsn-podcast/breakfast-with-harf/2024-07-23/out-of-line-harf-jumps-to-defence-of-adem-yze/661032

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #886 on: July 24, 2024, 11:56:18 PM »

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #887 on: July 25, 2024, 08:15:31 AM »
All criticism of this bloke is laughable.

1st season, ageing list approaching the cliff, ravaged by injuries with surely one of the worst performing S&C coaches in the league.

He's blooded kids and I've seen the players having a dip most weeks.

I'm happy.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #888 on: July 25, 2024, 09:54:37 AM »
Brace yourself for next year Ooze….
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #889 on: July 25, 2024, 03:07:14 PM »

1st season, ageing list approaching the cliff, ravaged by injuries with surely one of the worst performing S&C coaches in the league.

I'm happy.

He's only blooded the kids because he had no choice and half the time they were subs - that's why they're always the first to be dropped, no injuries and it would've been the same old bunch of under performing has-beens and hacks all year and we would've barely seen the kids....ironically the one "kid" he backed to the hilt was an obvious dud who's in his 5th season at the club.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #890 on: July 25, 2024, 05:35:28 PM »

I'm happy.

He's only blooded the kids because he had no choice and half the time they were subs - that's why they're always the first to be dropped, no injuries and it would've been the same old bunch of under performing has-beens and hacks all year and we would've barely seen the kids....ironically the one "kid" he backed to the hilt was an obvious dud who's in his 5th season at the club.... :shh

What a load of bs mate . How many kids have improved under Yze ?. That's a lousy exuse because his had to play them.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #891 on: July 25, 2024, 06:24:56 PM »
The post was lauding him for playing the kids as if he would've anyway had injuries not forced his hand - if you believe that then you're delusional....  :propeller

Whether this is down to him or the remnants of the Hardwick regime having too much say in selections we'll find next year when hopefully most of them have been moved on.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #892 on: July 26, 2024, 12:25:45 PM »
The post was lauding him for playing the kids as if he would've anyway had injuries not forced his hand - if you believe that then you're delusional....  :propeller

Whether this is down to him or the remnants of the Hardwick regime having too much say in selections we'll find next year when hopefully most of them have been moved on.... :shh

Wouldn't go as far as saying I was lauding him, but yes we're getting games into kids. It's what you'd want and expect given the year we're having.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #893 on: July 26, 2024, 01:40:26 PM »
I have no doubt he has been brought in as a development coach and don’t think he has much choice, success and age ( injury) has caught up with our list, you can’t make strawberry jam out of horse manure , embrace the rebuild 🫣

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #894 on: July 26, 2024, 03:12:20 PM »

Wouldn't go as far as saying I was lauding him, but yes we're getting games into kids. It's what you'd want and expect given the year we're having.

💯 common sense yet some believe it's because of injuries mainly.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #895 on: July 26, 2024, 03:36:38 PM »

So you reckon these kids would've all been selected ahead of the likes of Lynch, Ross, Grimes, Hopper, Prestia , Pickett, Young, Naismith, Vlastuin , Graham etc..?..lmao like I said..delusional.... :propeller

- Thomas Sowell

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #896 on: July 26, 2024, 03:44:11 PM »

This i agree with.

My biggest gripe with him he has continually played horrible underperformers with immunity and i think the injury toll has been a good out for him  on this. People are falling for it as well oh look he is playing a lot of kids when the reality is he has set a low standard for seniors and keeps playing them rather than being prepared to cop a hiding and play more kids. Most of the time ignoring kids who are performing in the seconds.

Keep playing so many underperformers at your peril. If not for injuries the whole season is a waste.

He needs to set a standard that is applicable not only to the younger players but to the seniors as well. Imo he has failed abysmally in this so far.

Personally i don't give a poo if we cop our share of beltings just as long as i can see we are actually embracing where we are at.
We have not done that imo not with a lot of our selected teams anyway.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #897 on: July 26, 2024, 03:55:41 PM »

So you reckon these kids would've all been selected ahead of the likes of Lynch, Ross, Grimes, Hopper, Prestia , Pickett, Young, Naismith, Vlastuin , Graham etc..?..lmao like I said..delusional.... :propeller

First off some of those names are in our best, 22 Ross, Lynch, Hopper Prestia, and Vlastuin regardless of injuries.There not plodders. With the season we have had and with 2 wins it was no brainer to blood the kids it had to happen. The rejuvenation should have occurred 2 years ago.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #898 on: July 26, 2024, 04:04:36 PM »

This i agree with.

My biggest gripe with him he has continually played horrible underperformers with immunity and i think the injury toll has been a good out for him  on this. People are falling for it as well oh look he is playing a lot of kids when the reality is he has set a low standard for seniors and keeps playing them rather than being prepared to cop a hiding and play more kids. Most of the time ignoring kids who are performing in the seconds.

Keep playing so many underperformers at your peril. If not for injuries the whole season is a waste.

He needs to set a standard that is applicable not only to the younger players but to the seniors as well. Imo he has failed abysmally in this so far.

Personally i don't give a poo if we cop our share of beltings just as long as i can see we are actually embracing where we are at.
We have not done that imo not with a lot of our selected teams anyway.

Could have should have blessing in disguise injuries that's all hypothetical talk. The fact is there are heaps of kids in that side take a look. Before the whinging was where not playing the kids yet now the side is full of it . How many kids left in the vfl ?. The problem was that the previous regime didn't do it because rejuvenation of our side should have happened 2 years ago.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #899 on: July 26, 2024, 05:14:57 PM »
Everyone deserves criticism in a new job. That's not asking for his sacking either.. if not then find a new job with different conditions

My criticism is his handling of guys like dow vrs others and his admiration for poor performances. That has to stop.25 tackles and yeah supporters will be proud? No we aren't proud of that rubbish.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.