Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 96255 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #165 on: July 04, 2023, 08:32:50 PM »

I would be filthy at the club if they did that without a proper procedure. To be honest Dimma hasn't handled himself in glory this year with us and post retirement alot bs.

I think you are really selling the Club and the people who run it incredibly short.

There will be a process and the likes of Benny, Livvo and importantly Balmey will see it through. They will appoint the person they believe is the best person for the job.

They won't be dictated to by the media, supporter groups, internet forums or ex coaches.

They will do what's best for the RFC and I for one have confidence and faith they will get right.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 09:27:17 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Gigantor

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #166 on: July 04, 2023, 08:48:22 PM »
Anything that happens at our club that has the signature of either Brendon or Balmy is good enough for me.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #167 on: July 04, 2023, 08:59:00 PM »

I would be filthy at the club if they did that without a proper procedure. To be honest Dimma hasn't handled himself in glory this year with us and post retirement alot bs.

I think you are really selling the Club and the people run it incredibly short.

There will be a process and the likes of Benny, Livvo and importantly Balmey will see it through. They will appoint the person they believe is the best person for the job.

They won't be dictated to by the media, supporter groups, internet forums or ex coaches.

They will do what's best for the RFC and I for one have confidence and faith they will get right.

I agree mate I have faith in Benny and Balme just responding to the observation.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #168 on: July 04, 2023, 09:11:56 PM »
In all honestly i don't think McQualter has done much different to what Hardwick did.

Am hoping for an outsider that will make it easier to make the hard calls that clearly will have to be made.

Didnt we come up with a system that won three flags by bringing in a pile of new coaches with only Hardwick surviving by the skin of his teeth and new personel in most footy departments.
Its time for some fresh ideas to go with the culture that has been built.Its now time to start making some hard calls and i doubt can make these sort of calls on players they have got real close.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #169 on: July 04, 2023, 10:33:45 PM »
Is Morris in the equation??

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #170 on: July 05, 2023, 01:48:02 PM »
"The name being floated is that of former Adelaide and Essendon player Hayden Skipworth who has been with the Magpies since late 2019."

THE SURPRISING NAME THAT COULD BE IN THE MIX FOR THE RICHMOND COACHING JOB

Andrew Slevison
SEN
5 July 2023

Both Garry Lyon and Tim Watson are hearing the same name in assistant coaching circles that could be in the mix for upcoming senior vacancies.

The job at Richmond, currently held by caretaker Andrew McQualter, is one that will be highly sought after as the year progresses.

The Tigers are expected to do their due diligence in their quest to fill the gaping hole left by the departure of triple premiership coach Damien Hardwick, with all the usual suspects likely to apply for the job.

Regulars such as Adem Yze, Jaymie Graham, Scott Burns, Robert Harvey, Blake Caracella, Justin Leppitsch and Daniel Giansiracusa are frequently linked with senior vacancies, but there is a fresh name that has emerged.

Lyon and Watson conversed on SEN Breakfast about a current Collingwood assistant who could be in the mix for the key Punt Road role.

“Richmond are ramping up their search for a coach,” Lyon teased.

“You (Watson) said this earlier this morning, you said you heard a name that had either been whispered in your ear, and I said at the same time that I too have heard one.

“All the normal suspects are going to get trotted out as should be the case, all the coaches that have been around.

“I’m sure they’ll spread the net really wide and Andrew McQualter is going to be part of this process.”

The name being floated is that of former Adelaide and Essendon player Hayden Skipworth who has been with the Magpies since late 2019.

Watson chimed in: “I’ll go with my name first.

“This guy has been around a while, so he fits that criteria of somebody who has invested in the game for a period of time, he played at the highest level, played for Adelaide, played at Essendon, was an assistant coach there for a while, and he’s gone to Collingwood - Hayden Skipworth.”

Lyon responded: “Same bloke, Hayden Skipworth.”

Watson added: “I hear great things about him. He’s a very engaging personality.”

Lyon is of the belief that any club looking for a new coach would be derelict in their duties not to consider holding talks with 40-year-old Skipworth.

“There’s a lot of good people at Collingwood and Craig McRae deserves all the credit, (Justin) Leppitsch gets lots of credit, (Brendon) Bolton gets (credit),” Lyon added.

“I hear Skipworth has been enormous and that anyone not going down this path would be negligent.

“Isn’t that amazing.”

Watson continued: “I don’t know if he’s got his sign - ‘Ready to coach’ - up outside or not, maybe he thinks he needs a bit more experience.

“But his name has come through.”

Lyon also threw up the name of Adelaide assistant Nathan Van Berlo, while insisting we must watch the space regarding Skipworth and a potential senior job.

“I’ve got one more name too - Nathan Van Berlo,” he added.

“Doing extraordinary work over there with Matthew Nicks.

“But we’ve both heard the name Skipworth. Watch this space.”

Skipworth has previously spent time as a development coach at Essendon, coached the club’s VFL team and was both the forward line and midfield coach for the Bombers.

He was added to Nathan Buckley’s coaching staff at Collingwood in late 2020 following 12 months as Head of Academy at the Magpies, and remained with the club after Craig McRae took over in 2021.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/07/05/the-surprising-name-that-could-be-in-the-mix-for-the-richmond-coaching-job/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #171 on: July 05, 2023, 01:55:15 PM »
Could Tigers flag hero be next coach?

A 2017 Richmond premiership player could be a wildcard for the 2024 coaching job, despite limited experience as an assistant.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2023-the-latest-on-richmonds-search-for-a-new-senior-coach/news-story/53a19b8a5471849003f0bb0afa385551

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #172 on: July 05, 2023, 02:06:30 PM »
Could Tigers flag hero be next coach?

A 2017 Richmond premiership player could be a wildcard for the 2024 coaching job, despite limited experience as an assistant.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2023-the-latest-on-richmonds-search-for-a-new-senior-coach/news-story/53a19b8a5471849003f0bb0afa385551
Doesn't need coaching experience.. it's a know fact hehe has the footy smarts. Very intelligent footy brain. Why not!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #173 on: July 05, 2023, 02:30:24 PM »
It will be Leppa if he applies. Will walk in.

If not:
Yze
Skipworth
Grigg/Newman/Mini (If we are going care taker route)

Some has suggested Clarkson may choose to leave North for a better project. I'd steer away from this I don't think Calrko has another flag in him.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: July 05, 2023, 05:17:42 PM »
Don't want Leppa, been tried. Will be another Voss

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: July 05, 2023, 09:11:13 PM »
As usual im going to throw a name in the ring from WA. I dont' think any club could do better than Jarrad Schofield and imo he will be looked seriously at by wce for next year imo.

His pedigree  and his apprenticeship at other clubs is second to none imo.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #176 on: July 05, 2023, 09:44:48 PM »
Prize Josh Carr away from PA.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #177 on: July 07, 2023, 03:33:29 PM »
Favourable Richmond coaching candidate reportedly emerging

“He has a lot of admirers inside Punt Road.”

Jack Jovanovski
zerohanger..com
July 7, 2023

A popular candidate for Richmond's vacant head-coaching position is reportedly emerging.

Since three-time Tigers premiership coach Damien Hardwick's unexpected departure from the Punt Road helm in late May, interim boss Andrew McQualter has helped steer Richmond's ship, most recently orchestrating a comeback victory over the Sydney Swans at the MCG on Thursday night.

McQualter has coached the Tigers to four wins and two losses throughout his miniature tenure, as he looks to put his own hat in the ring for the permanent gig.

However, an emerging candidate for Richmond's open position has been named by AFL.com.au's Josh Gabelich, who was recently featured on SEN radio waves.

"I can tell you that there are some people inside Richmond who really rate Josh Carr, especially when you consider what he's done with Port's midfield this year," Gabelich said.

Carr, a burgeoning assistant at Port Adelaide, is considered by many to be a future senior coach at the AFL level, following successful stints at Fremantle and the SANFL's Norwood.

"You've got to think about Carr's journey. He's 13 years out of the game now, he's got a really great resume now," continued Gabelich.

"When he came back to Alberton last year there was a belief that he was part of a succession plan. But if Ken (Hinkley) signs – and we expect him to sign in the not-too-distant future and he looks like having a long stint again at the Power – would he (Carr) go through the process at Richmond? Because he has a lot of admirers inside Punt Road.

"I just think he's someone who is building nicely and is clearly a senior coach of the future."

Pertaining to the hiring of a new Tigers boss, Richmond CEO Brendon Gale is understandably keeping his cards close to his chest as he searches for 'the next Hardwick'.

While many believe the Tigers will hunt an untried head coach, Gale isn't publicly committing one way or another.

"Look, I'm not committing to any timelines but we would ideally like to have something done before the end of the season," Gale stated on Fox Footy's AFL 360 on Wednesday night.

"It allows you to go straight into that planning period post-grand final, list management, etc, etc.

"But Brad Scott wasn't appointed (by Essendon) until late in the year – I'm not saying we're going to take that much time but the more work we put into this front end, really defining the role the person we are looking for that the stronger the decision we'll make.

"A lot of people interpreted that comment ('the next Hardwick') as meaning we're going to get an untried coach, a coach that hasn't coached his own team – that's not what I meant.

"We want to find the next great coach."

https://www.zerohanger.com/favourable-richmond-coaching-candidate-reportedly-emerging-139508/

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: July 07, 2023, 05:55:14 PM »
I rate Carr his done his time.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #179 on: July 07, 2023, 11:39:04 PM »
WHY KING IS CONFIDENT MCQUALTER IS IN “POLE POSITION” FOR TOP JOB AT RICHMOND

Jack Makeham
SEN
7 July 2023

David King is confident that Richmond caretaker coach Andrew McQualter is primed to slot into the full-time senior role next season.

McQualter was appointed the caretaker position following Damien Hardwick’s departure from the club in May, and since then the Tigers have been playing some of their best football this season.

Richmond are coming off a nail-biting victory against Sydney on Thursday night, a display which King believes is indicative of McQualter’s ability.

“I think you have to talk about the way in which Richmond won the game in the end and it was, I think, down to coaching,” he said on SEN Breakfast.

“Andrew McQualter has this group, he absolutely has them, they had a poor performance last week and you’re going to have those.

“I thought they coached brave, at half time he gets to the group and says, ‘Hey, our pressure around the clearance has been really poor,’ and they ramped it up in the second half and they basically disarmed Sydney’s surge game.

“All momentum was going Richmond’s way, 32 inside 50s to 18, 17 scores to six, it was a smashing in the second half.”

While King believes the Tigers should go through the standard process, he is confident that McQualter has already stamped his name at the top of Richmond’s list.

“He’s a different character than Damien (Hardwick), I think it’s working,” he said.

“They’ll interview, as they should, three, four, five other candidates and explore what other people think of their list and their program, you’d be mad not to, and then they’ll make a decision.

“Brendon Gale was on AFL 360 earlier in the week, and he sort of said ‘We want someone young, we don’t want to go for a second-time, older-style coach,’ because they just don’t work, he’s of the belief they don’t work.

“He would have to be in the pole position.”

Kane Cornes agrees with McQualter being at the forefront of the race, however he maintains that the Tigers should be hesitant about hiring their caretaker coach to the official role.

“I think he’s in the pole position, I don’t know, I’m hesitant to go with the caretaker coach as the main one,” he said.

“It hasn’t worked often… there is the exception with Paul Roos and (John) Longmire himself, and a couple of others, but a lot of the time they don’t work.

“Is what he has done anything revolutionary, or is it just relying on getting the senior players back playing the positions that they have done for so long?”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/07/07/why-king-is-confident-mcqualter-is-in-pole-position-for-top-job-at-richmond/