Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 96288 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #195 on: July 19, 2023, 03:38:23 AM »
Hopper praising Mini as coach.

Go to 1:29 min mark: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1681225303925071872

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #196 on: July 19, 2023, 05:59:09 PM »
I don’t think Leppa will make it as a senior coach. He’s a mild upgradee on Rutton.
They have to give serious thought to Mini if he can win 3 or 4 of the next 6 games.

I’ve heard some rumblings that the are worried it’s too much for Mini as he has a young family and that there’s some very quiet side chats to Bucks.

Also, heard Goldie are keen to package up Dusty for 3 years with Dimma and return their top pick which gets in back into this years draft.

That frees up $ for us to chase a decent key forward.

reckon this is going to be a very interesting few months.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

FooffooValve

« Reply #197 on: July 19, 2023, 06:10:59 PM »
Let's face it, if we make finals from here, it will be hard for the club to go past McQualter. But if we don't quite get there, then other candidates might come in to the equation. Despite some opinions on here, I think we'll look seriously at Leppa.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #198 on: July 20, 2023, 02:48:11 PM »
“HE’S GOT MY VOTE”: CO-CAPTAIN ENDORSES MCQUALTER FOR RICHMOND JOB

Andrew Slevison
SEN
20 July 2023

Dylan Grimes believes Andrew McQualter is the right man to coach Richmond beyond 2023.

The long-time Tigers assistant currently occupies the hot seat at Punt Road following the shock departure of three-time premiership coach Damien Hardwick in May.

McQualter has overseen five wins from seven games since stepping into the main job which has done his chances of landing the gig on a full-time basis no harm at all.

Asked on SEN Breakfast if he would stump up for McQualter regarding the Richmond job, co-captain Grimes replied: “Yeah absolutely. He’s got my vote.”

“I’m sure the board will go through a proper process of doing their due diligence.

“But I think ‘Mini’ has been a senior coach in waiting for a number of years now and seeing him at the helm has just solidified that in my mind.

“I’m sure they’ll do a formal process to see what applicants are out there, but he couldn’t have put his hand up any higher in my opinion.”

The triple premiership defender outlined the attributes that have seen McQualter achieve success so early in his senior coaching career.

“The breath of fresh air that Mini has brought has been great,” Grimes added.

“It feels like it’s exactly what we needed looking back now.

“At the same time, it feels like Mini has been a senior coach in waiting, just waiting for his opportunity for a number of years now.

“It’s been relatively seamless. He’s a great guy, he’s got good relationships with all the players.

“It’s been really good for us. He’s a really well-rounded coach.”

Grimes also explained how McQualter differs from Hardwick who oversaw the club’s most successful era in modern history.

“Dimma’s strength was the ability to get the absolute most out of every player and get us to that really elite level,” he said further.

“That involved that really pointy-end of coaching.

“Mini’s philosophy is a little bit different. It’s a little bit more laissez-faire, a little bit like the shackles are released.

“I feel like the boys are playing a bit more freely at the moment which is a good feeling. It’s an exciting brand to watch and we’re happy to wait and see how it holds up in Mini’s first tail-end of a season.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/07/19/hes-got-my-vote-co-captain-endorses-mcqualter-for-richmond-job/

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #199 on: July 22, 2023, 03:24:31 PM »
I know it's one game but this club needs a shake up starting with the coach. 
Need a new voice and direction

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #200 on: July 22, 2023, 03:51:30 PM »
I know it's one game but this club needs a shake up starting with the coach. 
Need a new voice and direction

Whoever becomes head coach should be able to mix up his assistant coaching group too.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #201 on: July 22, 2023, 04:02:25 PM »
Need someone who can make hard calls on a few players. No attachment

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2023, 04:11:55 PM »
We need the best development coach imho.
We will lose more depth next year and it will add to the big holes in our list, our lack of a big key forward is a huge problem
Need quality players without picks , If we buy crap from other sides  that can’t get a game we will be back to the 90’s
Terrible effort today , didn’t turn up

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #203 on: July 22, 2023, 05:20:41 PM »
Mini's not afraid to make moves and throw the magnets around in last quarters. Did it against the Swans and now today against the Hawks. His record in getting us over the line in what ends up close games is near perfect.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #204 on: July 22, 2023, 09:22:09 PM »
I'd like a fresh start but Minibus doing nearly everything right.

6 from 8 wins is pretty good. Plus close wins in Saints, Swans and Hawks. Hard to argue he's been a success.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #205 on: July 22, 2023, 11:46:48 PM »
Mini's not afraid to make moves and throw the magnets around in last quarters. Did it against the Swans and now today against the Hawks. His record in getting us over the line in what ends up close games is near perfect.

Sure he deserves some credit but you also have to be critical of him and the whole coaching staff for not having any plan to stop Sicily from the get go. We know jack at this stage of his career will only command the second or even third best defender from the opposition. Without any other real key forward in our lineup it was painfully obvious that Sicily was going to have a field day intercepting our forward 50 entries and launching counter after counter. The man is far and away the hawks most important player and we had a whole week to prepare for the game and came up with nothing until the end of the second half when they threw baker  :huh on him. I thought vlastuin should have started fwd and played on Sicily. He would have provided another marking forward target and would have done a hell of a lot better job nullifying Sicily then whoever was on him for the first 3 quarters.

Anyway I’m glad we won and glad mini made some moves in the last qtr but it’s frustrating to see him and the other coaches not really have a strategy to stop the oppositions best players before the game starts and take so long to make the changes during the game. Seems like something which has carried over from Dimmas last 2.5 seasons in charge.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #206 on: July 23, 2023, 03:59:02 PM »
First-year Richmond president John O’Rourke has provided an update on the club’s search for Damien Hardwick’s replacement.

LISTEN HERE: https://www.3aw.com.au/richmond-president-provides-update-on-search-for-damien-hardwicks-replacement/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary:

* Both senior coach and CEO are important. We see everybody as playing their role.

* Believe Benny Gale is committed, excited and challenged by what we've got on at the moment.

* We backed Benny for the AFL CEO role. That didn't happen. He's a great CEO and would be a great CEO anywhere. Don't see him going for a secondary role. He should be aspiring for the top roles.

* More to say about bringing in an external person to be a part of the coaching selection panel in a week or so.

* Spent past 5-6 weeks looking what we need from and the process to determine a new coach. Only now ready to go to the market. Benny is leading the internal process.

* Has to be a thorough process. We are going to canvas the field. McQualter is doing a great job and has put his hand up to be a part of the process. Andrew understands we need to go through a thorough process for us to get the right person for the post-Hardwick era.

* Not at that point at definitely saying it will be someone who has senior coached or not senior coached.

* Soft cap is a difficult issue to manage. Damien going gives us headroom. Soft cap is very tight and will come into play as a factor once we get to that point.

* We took Damien at face value that at that time he couldn't get any more from the group and was cooked. Don't buy into any conspiracy theories. Expected him not to be lost to footy and would coach again. Probably not next year but if Damien feels it's right then we have no issue with it.

* Confident we've got the foundations and fundamentals to get the right people in the right roles and rise again as a powerful club as we are.

* Board's role is about governance and not getting involved in the day-to-day. We believe in and back our people. Livingstone and Hartley report into the Board. Balmey will come in from time to time to give his views on the state of things.

* Can't see any reason why Dusty won't play his 300th at Richmond next year. He's playing some of his best footy and is in a good space.

* Alannah & Madeline foundation is expected to raise $80k-85k this round. All up we've raised $1.7 million over the journey.

* A new AFL CEO in Andrew Dillon is an opportunity for the AFL to get closer to clubs.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #207 on: July 24, 2023, 02:17:23 PM »
“Crazy not to”: Melbourne assistant speaks on running for vacant AFL coaching job

“I’d consider it and move from there.” 

Mitch Keating
zerohanger.com
July 24, 2023

Melbourne assistant Adem Yze has flagged he'd be "crazy not to" take part in Richmond's coaching search if the Tigers reached out to the highly-rated coach.

Yze has come close to landing a senior coach on multiple occasions in recent years, with the former Demons star among the top candidates that ran for roles at Essendon and GWS in 2022.

The 45-year-old would miss out on the pair of vacancies to former North Melbourne coach Brad Scott and ex-Richmond assistant Adam Kingsley respectively, seeing Yze return to the Demons to continue working under Simon Goodwin this year.

The pair of missed opportunities haven't dampened Yze's hopes of running for another senior coaching position, with two more spots currently vacant at Richmond and Gold Coast this year.

Speaking on Triple M, Yze said he was still hopeful of securing a senior coaching role, but won't apply for every and any vacancy that appears.

"I haven't lost faith," the former Hawthorn assistant coach said.

"I really enjoyed both processes I went through with Essendon and GWS, and I got really close.

"In the end it's just a learning experience for me. I've got things I've got to learn and work on, and I understand that. I'll keep pushing forward.

"I really love what I'm doing. I'm not going to throw my hat in the ring every time a job becomes available. I've got to be really clear on when the right opportunity comes up and which one I go for.

"Right now I'm loving what I'm doing, but if one pops up and I get the opportunity to go through the process I will."

Yze firms as a more suitable candidate for the vacant Richmond role, with Gold Coast likely to look toward a more experienced coach to fill the position opened after Stuart Dew's sacking.

Former Richmond mentor Damien Hardwick is the unbackable favourite for the Suns job, with his old assistant Andrew McQualter seen as the leading man for the Tigers role amid an impressive stint in the caretaker position.

When questioned whether he was in the mix for the Richmond role, Yze confirmed he was yet to participate in the process but will strongly consider the position.

"That process hasn't started yet," Yze said.

"If I get the call to go through the process - a massive football club like Richmond I'd be crazy not to go for it.

"I'd consider it and move from there."

Yze and McQualter will likely find further competition from across the AFL coaching landscape, with Yze's own colleague Troy Chaplin a potential name for the Tigers to consider.

Other potential candidates include former Brisbane coach Justin Leppitsch, Geelong assistant Shaun Grigg and Fremantle assistant Jaymie Graham.

https://www.zerohanger.com/crazy-not-to-melbourne-assistant-speaks-on-running-for-vacant-afl-coaching-job-140249/

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #208 on: July 24, 2023, 02:23:17 PM »
IMO Mcqualter has to win both games at marvel to get above the pack.

to date he hasnt really done much to warrant the position as we have only played minnows and still sit outside the 8 where i thought we would always land this year.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2023, 04:01:14 PM »
IMO Mcqualter has to win both games at marvel to get above the pack.

to date he hasnt really done much to warrant the position as we have only played minnows and still sit outside the 8 where i thought we would always land this year.

Did you think we'd win 6/8 of the last games under Hardwick or Mini?

Only massive disappointment for me was Lions.

Beaten GWS who are going well and Saints who were 6th at the time.