Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 96250 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #435 on: August 20, 2023, 10:23:02 PM »
For me it doesnt matter who we interview they all most likely come with very good resumes.
I just think we have had success looking with in and doing our own thing. Time has come to start looking outside our 4 walls to get back up to speed.

Within or with out id be happy with a coach who is at least honest about where the list is at and how long it will likely take to get back challenging again.
If the bad old days taught us anything no freakin spiel and no short cuts just to finish 9th or scrape into the 8.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #436 on: August 21, 2023, 02:09:20 AM »
Chris Newman officially declares interest in Richmond coaching job

Chris Newman says he’d love to coach Richmond.

While he remained tight-lipped about the “process” at the Tigers, Newman said it was “no secret” he had put himself in the running to coach the club he played 268 games for.

LISTEN HERE: https://www.3aw.com.au/chris-newman-officially-declares-interest-in-richmond-coaching-job/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“No secret”: Ex-Tiger skipper puts hand up for Richmond job

The former rebounder is one of three names expected to go through the club’s process.

zerohanger.com
August 20, 2023

Former Richmond captain Chris Newman has publically thrown his hand up for the vacant coaching role at Tigerland, stating that his desire to get back to Punt Road has been "no secret".

Newman spent the entirety of his 14-year AFL career in yellow and black, racking up 268 games and leading the club between 2009 and 2012, and since hanging up the boots at the end of 2015, the 41-year-old has called Hawthorn home, leading the club's VFL affiliate Box Hill, as well as guiding development at Bunjil Bagora.

Yet, after nearly eight seasons outside of Richmond's four walls, Newman revealed to 3AW on Sunday afternoon that it was his aim to take over from his former coach Damien Hardwick on a full-time basis.

"I would," Newman answered when asked about whether he would like the Tigers' job.

"Obviously, it's no secret I wanted to put my hand up to coach Rochmond, and I'll get that opportunity now (due to the club's hiring process).

"Progressively, that's been my aim throughout my coaching career.

"I've got some experience in not only coaching my own team at Box Hill, but going through various lines and learning off some really good coaches."

While Newman was happy to speak openly on his desires, the 2017 VFL Coach of the Year would not speak publicly about the club's processes.

"I don't want to talk about process yet ... out of respect to the process and Richmond," Newman added. "I'll let them reveal that."

Still contracted at the Hawks and playing a key role in guiding Sam Mitchell's young group, Newman has a home should the Tigers look elsewhere for their 39th senior coach, a fact Mitchell himself made abundantly clear during the week.

Newman is expected to pitch for the role alongside current Richmond employees, and former St Kilda teammates, Xavier Clarke and caretaker coach Andrew McQualter.

Richmond's six-person panel is expected to ramp up its hunt across the course of the next fortnight.

https://www.zerohanger.com/no-secret-ex-tiger-skipper-puts-hand-up-for-richmond-job-141441/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #437 on: August 22, 2023, 04:09:17 PM »
RIVAL ASSISTANTS IN THE MIX AS RICHMOND WHITTLES COACHING SEARCH TO A HANDFUL

Tom Morris
SEN
22 August 2023

Richmond has whittled its search for a permanent senior coach down to a handful of candidates.

SEN.com.au has confirmed Melbourne assistant Adem Yze is in the mix, as is Essendon midfield coach Daniel Giansiracusa.

They join Chris Newman (Hawthorn), Andrew McQualter (Richmond) and Xavier Clarke (Richmond) as the prime candidates to take over on a full-time basis.

Newman and McQualter are seen as the two early frontrunners before interviews commence, though Yze and Giansiracusa are both highly regarded as well and were approached by the Tigers.

As reported by Josh Gabelich for AFL Media, Clarke has been shortlisted and is held in high esteem at Punt Road, but is seen as less likely.

Yze was pipped at the post for two jobs last year, finishing a narrow second behind Adam Kingsley at GWS and Brad Scott at Essendon.

In both processes he impressed the selection panels, but ultimately missed out.

The Bombers interview process was particularly in-depth and long, with Scott the standout.

By comparison, the Tigers have told candidates to be ready for a 45-minute presentation and roughly the same time for questions.

Richmond is intending to make an appointment either just before or just after the AFL Grand Final.

Yze is the only one of these coaches who is involved in finals with his current club.

Yze, a Melbourne life member, is highly regarded at the Demons, where he looks after the on-ballers and has been Simon Goodwin's primary tactician behind the scenes since he arrived in late 2020.

Giansiracusa, who is contracted until the end of 2025, is similarly rated at the Bombers, though he has one thing Yze does not: Experience coaching his own VFL team at Footscray in 2019 and 2020, though the latter season was cancelled due to the pandemic.

It's understood Newman was invited to be part of retirement celebrations for Jack Riewoldt and Trent Cotchin, but politely declined the opportunity to be among many former teammates at the MCG on Saturday.

Newman, who coached his own VFL team, did not want the optics of sitting with Brendon Gale while he was deep in the process to be the club's next coach.

Cotchin and Riewoldt had been asked which former teammates they would like at the game.

Some of the ex-Tigers who attended were Chris Knights, Nathan Foley, Shaun Hampson, Shane Edwards, Jake King, Shaun Grigg, Matt Thomas, Adam Pattison, Taylor Hunt, Bachar Houli (on crutches), Dave Astbury, and Matthew Richardson.

Josh Carr (Port Adelaide) and Justin Leppitsch (Collingwood) declined to be part of the Richmond process.

Meanwhile, Brendon Lade (Western Bulldogs) confirmed to SEN's Crunch Time show on Sunday that he had been initially approached but is no longer in the running to be Richmond's next senior coach.

The Tigers have made no secret of their desire to search for "the next Damien Hardwick".

While they would reportedly prefer a coach who has taken charge of his own team (like McQualter, Giansiracusa and Newman have), their invitation to Yze indicates they don't see it as a decisive factor.

SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES

Chris Newman (Hawthorn)
Andrew McQualter (Richmond)
Xavier Clarke (Richmond)
Adem Yze (Melbourne)
Daniel Giansiracusa (Essendon)

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/08/22/rival-assistants-in-the-mix-as-richmond-whittles-coaching-search-to-a/

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #438 on: August 22, 2023, 04:14:39 PM »
Yze out of that lot. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #439 on: August 22, 2023, 07:55:32 PM »

Only if he still wears his glove on match day.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #440 on: August 22, 2023, 08:32:43 PM »

Yep. By all accounts, has a touch of the Blake Caracella’s about him.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #441 on: August 22, 2023, 08:44:36 PM »

And wtf is that lol

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #442 on: August 22, 2023, 09:15:52 PM »
Newman
Yze
Daylight
Mini.
Daylight
Jeff Gieshan
Daylight
Giansiracusa
Go Tigers!

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #443 on: August 22, 2023, 09:21:29 PM »

And wtf is that lol

Very good tactically. Soft ex footballer  :lol
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #444 on: August 22, 2023, 10:37:28 PM »
Newman
Yze
Daylight
Mini.
Daylight
Jeff Gieshan
Daylight
Giansiracusa

Where is Wallace??

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #445 on: August 23, 2023, 12:21:35 AM »
Newman
Yze
Daylight
Mini.
Daylight
Jeff Gieshan
Daylight
Giansiracusa

Where is Wallace??

He's in the daylight working on his tan

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #446 on: August 23, 2023, 05:56:15 AM »
Yze for me to he was a nice medium forward to alot of class.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #447 on: August 23, 2023, 02:27:39 PM »
Steven King says he hasn't considered the vacant Richmond coaching job and is excited about learning under new Gold Coast coach Damien Hardwick next season.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1016016/king-has-no-eyes-on-the-tigers-ahead-of-final-game-in-charge

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #448 on: August 24, 2023, 05:46:49 PM »
RICHMOND APPROACHES MELBOURNE ASSISTANT OVER VACANT COACHING POSITION

Seb Mottram
SEN
24 August 2023

Adem Yze is the first name publicly in the mix to be Richmond’s next senior coach, with Melbourne confirming multiple reports on Thursday.

Alan Richardson, in charge of the Demons’ footy department, revealed he has fielded a call from Tigers footy boss Tim Livingstone about Yze joining the coaching search.

It follows a report from SEN’s Tom Morris that stated Yze, Chris Newman (Hawthorn), Andrew McQualter (Richmond), Daniel Giansiracusa (Essendon) and Xavier Clarke (Richmond) are the leading contenders and will go through the process.

Yze was just last year in the running for the senior coaching job at GWS and Essendon and narrowly missed out. But he’s set to go around again a season later.

“Tim Livingstone gave me a call to have a chat about Yze, and my understanding is he’s in the mix and we’ll go through that process and we’re incredibly supportive of that,” Richardson told SEN’s Dwayne’s World.

“The only deal that we’ve had to make with him that if he is successful then we would want him to continue with us all the way through and hopefully we go late into the finals campaign and he’s a big part of that and then he would go with our blessing, we’d be incredibly proud if that was to happen.

“He’s a quality person and a quality coach, so we’re supportive of that.”

The process will no doubt be complicated by Melbourne’s impending run towards a flag, with a top four finish to guarantee they’ll be present until at least mid-September.

Morris reports Richmond wants to appoint its new coach either just before or soon after the Grand Final on September 30.

But that’s of no concern to Melbourne or Richardson, who is confident Yze will see out his responsibilities at the Demons regardless.

“He’s actually done it a couple of times, so we’ve got some experience of his ability to be able to continue at doing his role and be really elite at what he does for us whilst potentially going through the process. He’s done that before and he’s been really good at it,” Richardson added.

Yze has been at Melbourne since late 2020 and is regarded as Melbourne’s primary tactician throughout the club’s brilliant run in recent seasons.

Josh Carr (Port Adelaide) and Justin Leppitsch (Collingwood) are two who have reportedly ruled themselves out of becoming Richmond’s next coach.

Earlier this month, SEN Chief Sports Reporter Sam Edmund revealed the Tigers had employed a different type of search to find its next coach, with the position made available to application for some in the industry.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/08/24/demons-confirm-approach-from-richmond-to-assistant-for-senior-coach-search/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #449 on: August 25, 2023, 01:50:07 PM »
Mini said he has his interview next week.