Author Topic: Socceroos / Matildas / World Cup / Asian Cup  (Read 156532 times)

tony_montana

Re: Socceroos / World Cup / Asian Cup
« Reply #915 on: July 09, 2014, 10:50:56 AM »
Gotze should get a gig instead of klose

If reus was fit and was playing in klose position they'd be unbelievable

:lol still not happy?

tony_montana

« Reply #916 on: July 09, 2014, 10:54:13 AM »
I've backed the Krauts in since the start. Didn't really mention it to anyone or claiming I know a thing or two as I'm not the biggest follower of the game but been growing on me heaps the past few years due to wog in laws. I've always enjoyed and followed the Bundesliga the most and when I saw blokes like Großkreutz, Götze, Draxler, Ginter etc can't crack the 11 I just thought that is some serious depth and sheer quality on the field.

Our family name is of Saxon viking heritage too so if I want to clutch at straws I can say Germany is my team after Aus (even though our family migrated here from south western England  :lol :whistle)

They are easily the most complete team at the world cup, they are just an awesome machine full of stars. ..and you're right abt the bundesliga  :thumbsup   
Germany v Holland is the final I want to see. Love the way both sides go about it

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #917 on: July 09, 2014, 11:05:56 AM »
Messi   :shh

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #919 on: July 09, 2014, 04:30:31 PM »
Ironic that Brazil's worst ever defeat came at the hands of a side wearing the Flamengo strip.

- Gustav Mahler

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #920 on: July 09, 2014, 07:10:02 PM »
Headline on FSN just now - DON'T MENTION THE SCORE

- Gustav Mahler

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #921 on: July 09, 2014, 08:54:53 PM »
Deutschland,  Deutschland über alles.

bang!

all we need is Dutch to deliver the goods and its a european winner for the first time ever.

I don't pretend to follow soccer, but I don't get this?

Wasnt Spain v Netherlands the last one?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #922 on: July 09, 2014, 09:15:01 PM »
I assume they mean first European winner in a south american based world cup

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #923 on: July 09, 2014, 09:20:38 PM »
How would Brazil's 2nd or 3rd 11 gone today JR? :help

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: dantr Socceroos / World Cup / Asian Cup
« Reply #924 on: July 09, 2014, 09:24:43 PM »
Dante is a world class defender and Bernard was transferd for 50oddmill as a teenager

Reckon brazil 2 eleven pretty bloody good. Would have gone better than first 11

Fred and the keeper i doubt in the best ten Brazilians forntheir respective position s

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #925 on: July 09, 2014, 09:31:11 PM »
Reckon Germans would have annihilated any Brazilian 11 today.
They played with such precision and to do it on their home soil, simply awesome.

They were the first European country to beat South American opposition in a World Cup Final and chances are they may beat Argentina again in a Final to be the first European country to win the World Cup on South American soil.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #926 on: July 10, 2014, 02:18:48 PM »
lets remove Messi for a minute, the argentinian football side if they win will be one of the most average teams to ever win a world cup. they played rubbish against Bosnia and Iran and provided not much else in any of their other games.

Lets hope Germany teach them a lesson.

On another note lucky i left this joint and honestly you would have to be stupid to stay around for the last few matches in a country like that.

First few weeks everyone's happy, friends and hugging. Last few days, mayhem. Imagine if they hold one in Colombia and they get bundled out early.

http://www.smh.com.au/fifa-world-cup-2014/world-cup-news-2014/world-cup-2014-australians-flee-copacabana-as-gunshots-fired-after-brazil-loss-20140709-zt1cs.html
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #927 on: July 10, 2014, 03:28:30 PM »
All World Cups should be held in England and all Summer Olympics should be held in Greece.

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #928 on: July 10, 2014, 06:33:58 PM »
lets remove Messi for a minute, the argentinian football side if they win will be one of the most average teams to ever win a world cup. they played rubbish against Bosnia and Iran and provided not much else in any of their other games.

On another note lucky i left this joint and honestly you would have to be stupid to stay around for the last few matches in a country like that.

First few weeks everyone's happy, friends and hugging. Last few days, mayhem. Imagine if they hold one in Colombia and they get bundled out early.

http://www.smh.com.au/fifa-world-cup-2014/world-cup-news-2014/world-cup-2014-australians-flee-copacabana-as-gunshots-fired-after-brazil-loss-20140709-zt1cs.html

Mascherano is class.

Is di maria going to play?

Messi go past mardonna Pele etc. If they win?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #929 on: July 10, 2014, 07:42:08 PM »

Mascherano is class.

Is di maria going to play?

Messi go past mardonna Pele etc. If they win?

No not yet you judge when a players career is over and even then all three played in different era's.

Messi has to win the World Cup on his own like Maradona did in 1986 to be considered.

Pele though pound for pound had better players around him. Brazil won 3 from 4 from 1958-70.