Author Topic: McQualter's post-match presser / "Ultimately, it just comes down to moments"  (Read 310 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
McQualter's post-match presser:

WATCH HERE: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1350751/round-12-mcqualter-post-match

---------------------------------------------------------------------

'It's just moments': How the Tigers finally won a close one

“[That was] very stressful, but I’m just rapt to get the result for the team tonight,” McQualter said.

“We’ve been in a lot of games, we’ve been close, but we’ve just had trouble winning, so I think it just builds belief that we’re doing some things well [but] we certainly need to improve some areas of our game.

“Ultimately, it just comes down to moments late in the game ... and I thought a few of our leaders really stood up. We were under siege, we were under the pump, they hit the front, then you’ve just got to find a way – and our players were able to do that today.”

"There's a little bit of structure stuff that goes on, but it's just moments. I thought some of our leaders really stood up late in the game today. I'd like to claim some stuff, there are always little moves that happen late in games for both teams. Some of it works and some of it doesn’t. A lot of it is just down to moments."

Sources: AFL & Age websites.