Author Topic: Changes for next week against the Dockers?  (Read 1774 times)

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Changes for next week against the Dockers?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2023, 04:42:51 PM »
Can nank play 3rd tall in defence and let Ryan play full time ruck? Nank had some nice grabs against the giants and Ryan, well I think he’s a better centre bounce ruckman
Nank is a mongrel dog competitive beast, he really stood up an extra 10cm

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2023, 05:32:53 PM »
Going by that game and lets face it while we actually won,  problems that have been there all year were still there.
Im sort of asking myself what would the reaction have been if we had lost?. Imo  we did our best again to lose and most of it as people here say is thru basics.

Yep going by that game Young, Mansell, Graham, Ralphsmith, Have to be in trouble along with the sub in Cumberland.

Looking at the Dockers well there is no Darcy do we take the opportunity to rest Nankervis and play Ryan and Nyuon as the ruckmen.
Reckon people are greatly underestimating what Nankervis brings after the ruck contest but if they go with just Jackson he is the type who has given him the most trouble over the years imo.
If Darcy was fit you would pick Nankervis in a heart beat.

Still want us to change the fwd half structure and play the extra tall. For me that would be Bauer. So it would go Jack, Bauer, and one of Ryan or Nyuon resting there.
If they  go with just Luke Jackson i think Biggie may be a good fit to play on him with his defensive background and athleticism. The worry is Biggies lack of aggression. With the two ruck fwds Jackson will hopefully have to be accountable and wont get many opprtunities to go fwd himself.

Tylar Young well i dont wan't to be harsh but he looks out of his depth. Miller to become a defender again would imo be a better option.

Sonsie well we are missing a trick not playing him. Has been good in the ressies from what i can see.

Graham Mansell and Ralphsmith were rubbish  if we are going to make a few changes they are the ones who need to be looked at.
Cumberland has to be in trouble as well came on as a sub and spent just as much time on the bench as he did on field.

Vlastuin will probably come back in, but the dockers  have three nippy small fwds just a bit worried about his match up. Would like to see Banks get a game as he too has been solid in the magoos. Trouble is how many changes can ya make.

They may be a ruck kp down for this game but they still have good structure and the rest of their team has height with 5  mids flankers at 190cm plus and three others who are 188 189cm.As it is they may well pick a young ruckman to give Jackson a decent chop out and allow him to go forward.

Gunna be interesting to see what we do.

Oh its been peeing down cats and dogs over here if it stays wet that will change things a bit.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2023, 04:26:54 PM »
Team Tips:

The Tigers could be boosted by the return of defender Nick Vlastuin, who’s missed the past two weeks with a corked leg. If he’s fit, Tylar Young could come out of the side. Maurice Rioli would also be a chance to return, but it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him come back through the VFL first after a lengthy sideline stint due to a hamstring issue. Rhyan Mansell, who was subbed out after booting 1.1 from six disposals, would be most vulnerable to losing his spot.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2023-round-13-team-tips-squads-predictions-ins-and-outs-injuries-dropped-players-supercoach/news-story/14193aa0ebc1d4f5e7afe872c333befa

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2023, 09:11:54 PM »
Team Tips:

The Tigers could be boosted by the return of defender Nick Vlastuin, who’s missed the past two weeks with a corked leg. If he’s fit, Tylar Young could come out of the side. Maurice Rioli would also be a chance to return, but it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him come back through the VFL first after a lengthy sideline stint due to a hamstring issue. Rhyan Mansell, who was subbed out after booting 1.1 from six disposals, would be most vulnerable to losing his spot.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2023-round-13-team-tips-squads-predictions-ins-and-outs-injuries-dropped-players-supercoach/news-story/14193aa0ebc1d4f5e7afe872c333befa

Okay rather than just say what i think lets do it different.
Tylar young is what 195cm and plays kpd. We should not be replacing Young with Vlastuin thats the bottom line. Thats not to say Nick should not play if fit, he should.

If Young is to be dropped then we need to get a tall in for him.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2023, 12:01:20 PM »
In the Mix: Round 13

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
7 June 2023

Any changes made will most likely hinge on Richmond's injury list, after a strong performance against Greater Western Sydney. The Tigers are yet to confirm if Dylan Grimes needs time on the sidelines after receiving treatment on his shoulder, with Nick Vlastuin (corked leg) a perfect replacement if fit. Maurice Rioli jnr is also a possible inclusion if he has overcome his hamstring complaint, although the forward line functioned strongly against the Giants.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/944827/in-the-mix-r13-who-s-under-the-pump-pushing-for-selection-

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2023, 04:36:38 PM »
If Floss is fit.

In: Floss, Biggie.

Out: Young, Mansell.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2023, 12:28:12 PM »
McQualter said Floss will be back this week if he gets through full training today. 'Spy' told me he did  :thumbsup.

Grimes' shoulder is okay and will play.

Maurice will return via the VFL.

Cumberland absent from training today. So, I'm guessing he's out.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2023, 03:39:39 PM »
Jacob Bauer boarding a plane to Perth, I reckon that could trend. Has shown plenty in defence and fwd, must be due for a call up.

https://twitter.com/tiger_hype/status/1666670528474791936