Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024  (Read 4266 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2024, 12:20:33 AM »
People have been sprucing trading out top players to get draft picks. Now we get some random media speculation (channel 10 mins you who haven’t had a reliable footy scoop in 20 years), same people start fuming. I don’t get it.

If we truly cared about draft picks we wouldnt have hopper languishing around the place.

Some players I don't think should be traded and he Rioli is one, unless it's an offer you can't refuse.

Baker I wouldn't have an issue with and def short. That should give us 2 top 15 picks. Get rid of Hopper and that's 3.

The way we're going we may need to package a pick with Hopper to offload his wages for a FA lol

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2024, 06:51:57 AM »
Wouldn't surprise Andy  if he may want to leave given the circumstances he ended up at ours.

We need to get active on FA big time. We need talent both young and old. Even Nank is pushing 30 now as well ffs.

Will be hard to prize FA talent compared with the likes of pies unlsss we offer the farm, but we must  to remain relevant and to use up a salary cap which should be bare soon.   :shh
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2024, 09:40:30 AM »
People have been sprucing trading out top players to get draft picks. Now we get some random media speculation (channel 10 mins you who haven’t had a reliable footy scoop in 20 years), same people start fuming. I don’t get it.

If we truly cared about draft picks we wouldnt have hopper languishing around the place.

Some players I don't think should be traded and he Rioli is one, unless it's an offer you can't refuse.

Baker I wouldn't have an issue with and def short. That should give us 2 top 15 picks. Get rid of Hopper and that's 3.

Not sure we'd get a top 15 pick for any of them, definitely not Short or Hopper.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2024, 10:28:56 AM »
Only players with any real currency would be Bolton and Taranto

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2024, 10:39:58 AM »
Only players with any real currency would be Bolton and Taranto

na would have thought Baker as well but most definitely D Rioli. The latter would be worth a top 10 any day of the week in my book. Look what pies gave up for Schulz.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2024, 12:12:04 PM »
Wouldn't surprise Andy  if he may want to leave given the circumstances he ended up at ours.

We need to get active on FA big time. We need talent both young and old. Even Nank is pushing 30 now as well ffs.

Will be hard to prize FA talent compared with the likes of pies unlsss we offer the farm, but we must  to remain relevant and to use up a salary cap which should be bare soon.   :shh

Problem is nobody would want to trade him in on performance so it would need to be like the Geelong taking Bowes deal. If a team has cap space and wants to hit the draft we'll need to package him with a pick that makes it worth their while to pay him $700k for 5 stuffing years lol.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2024, 07:01:03 PM »

Problem is nobody would want to trade him in on performance so it would need to be like the Geelong taking Bowes deal. If a team has cap space and wants to hit the draft we'll need to package him with a pick that makes it worth their while to pay him $700k for 5 stuffing years lol.

Why in gods name would we do that? Our salary cap will be bare especially with dusty, Prestias and Lynchys contracts done. If anything we should be front loading who has remained while we are down on talent so that when we make our way up the ladder we’ll have optimal cap to bring in FA’s.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2024, 08:33:51 PM »

Why in gods name would we do that? Our salary cap will be bare especially with dusty, Prestias and Lynchys contracts done. If anything we should be front loading who has remained while we are down on talent so that when we make our way up the ladder we’ll have optimal cap to bring in FA’s.

Oh I agree re: not needing the cap.

Just don't know if Hopper is going to be worth it and FJ posited he may want to leave anyway.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2024, 08:45:22 PM »
Richmond will fight tooth and nail to keep two of its biggest stars at Punt Road beyond this year.

Tiger's chief Brendan Gale hitting back at suggestions the Tigers premiership core is about to be broken up.

Watch here: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1781247489322139725

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2024, 09:25:19 PM »
Premiership core is gone lol

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2024, 09:22:32 PM »
Any trade deal to get us sheezel??

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2024, 09:36:48 PM »

Not a chance

N0rt won't trade him and he extended his contract last year
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2024, 10:42:10 PM »

Not a chance

N0rt won't trade him and he extended his contract last year
Tyvm