Author Topic: Changes for our next game against the Dees?  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for our next game against the Dees?
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2024, 10:44:54 PM »
Yes, but Syndey Sweeney could be a good option for morale.

Oh yeh Big Willy

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2024, 12:40:56 AM »
Grimes decline has nothing to do with coaching. Kmac is just playing like poo but still playing the exact same role and position he's always played. And well Short is obviously best used in a decent side which we, currently, are not.

What about Pickett, just poo too?  It's quite a few that have dropped off.

All these guys dropped off while Dimma was still the coach. Pretty ridiculous to be pinning that on a new coach.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2024, 08:12:35 AM »
Grimes decline has nothing to do with coaching. Kmac is just playing like poo but still playing the exact same role and position he's always played. And well Short is obviously best used in a decent side which we, currently, are not.

was poor for most of last year. Are you blaming all of their form on the current coaches?
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2024, 09:15:42 AM »

was poor for most of last year. Are you blaming all of their form on the current coaches?

You would hope for a new coach bounce

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2024, 10:37:02 AM »

You would hope for a new coach bounce

I'll put my hand up and say I was expecting "new coach bounce" we haven't had it in part because of our injuries

I think some of the players have struggled with the new game style which is very reliant on good kicking skills. Those players where that isn't their strength have been found out in a massive way
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2024, 10:55:01 AM »
Yze has had a very poor year.

Tackling and pressure has got worse than last year. Its not totally his fault as our senior players have given up or found to be very average footballers once the elite ones retired.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2024, 12:36:07 PM »
Lots saying players have dropped off and i would dispute that.

Not a thing has changed with short with the exception of him getting a few less disposals. I have had arguments with people here when they have said he has had a great game and it has not been true. Oh shorty had 600 metres gained thats fine to say that but you have to look at the end results of kicks down the line. you have to look at other options he may have had and you have to look at what he does not bring to the table.
Yes Short steps can kick the ball a long way that does not mean he is a good kick or uses the ball well.

Miller well he is an exception. Apart from a bit of one v one work our eyes tell us he has improved a decent amount in a lot of areas . the stats do back this up. Doubled his disposals from 7 to 14 a game. He is taking 7 marks a game up from 2.5 a game. He is averaging 5 rebounds this year and his one percenters have gone from 4 last year to 8 a game this year. All important areas for a kpd. Its only 4 games but if he can maintain that and improve his body work he is definately a keeper.

McIntosh we all watch and we all see, so we go to stats to see if they are saying what we see. In most cases the over whelming answer is yes.
McIntosh is still the exact same player he was in 2015. The only real difference is this year he is probably down on disposals a tiny bit which is a blessing. The fumbles the poor disposal the lack of ball they are all still there.

Its all similar for Pickett, MRJ, Dow, Ralphsmith, they have a plateau and rarely go above it. They are all playing similar to what they always have.
The mistakes the lack of ball, goals etc it has not really changed apart from the odd  games which are definately outliers or exceptions ATM.

Mansell the only difference in Mansells game is he now plays forward and he brings a bit of pressure he has gone from one goal every 15 games to one goal every three. The lack of class and polish is still there and means he remains very limited..

Grimes well imo he has been in gradual decline for the last three or four years. He is no longer a reliable defender.
He has not  fallen off a cliff, it has been happening for awhile.

Young well from a very low base to start with his decline might not seem a lot but it is significant given the low base. The trouble is he was always very average and limited.
 There was never a huge upside to him imo. disposals are down, again from a low base  from 9.3 to 6.8 and one percenters spoils etc are significantly down given the numbers 7.8 to 4.2 this is what he has been praised for yet he is no longer doing it. I think there is a real lack of lets call it calmness with him.

What i hope Yze is doing is having a good look for himself so he can make decisons on who has to go. Imo all of those mentioned above need to go over the next two seasons with the exception of Miller. They all should have been moved on before now imo. Cannot blame the new bloke for their decline because there has been very little of it with these players. Their best in the main has been just passable when they fall off which they always do then it becomes unacceptable.

Jack Ross i think is one who has improved to an acceptable level. My problem with him is his game and stats suggest he is adequate as a more outside mid but his inside game is definately not good enough. If outside i prefer we get quicker hard running players who can really hurt with ball in hand i think Ross lacks in this.

Last one of the group who have been there awhile and are questioned.

Jack Graham. People argue it but he is slow. His main role has to be as an inside mid not sure too many would argue that.He offers little else any where else.

Graham is typical of the others not enough of key things for the role. Not enough ball not enough contested ball very few clearances the one thing he does seem to be good at is tackling but that imo highlights one of his weaknesses in that he is too often second to the ball.
He is just another who has plateaued out over a long period and that plateau is too often not good enough.

None of this is Yze's fault imo. His job is to rebuild and weed out these players. The alarm bells will be ringing if he goes down the path of hanging onto these players because he thinks he can get something better out of them.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2024, 10:46:55 PM »
Dr Claw

Love the passion and in depth analysis and opinions.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2024, 11:46:57 PM »
Team Tips:

After a bye in Round 6, the Tigers will be hellbent on making amends for their 39-point loss to West Coast before their break.

Dylan Grimes finally looks likely to return from his wrist injury, as does Jacob Hopper from his knee injury; a godsend for a depleted Richmond list.

New recruit Jacob Koschitzke hasn’t played his best footy since coming into the side in Round 4, meaning Samson Ryan could replace him after kicking four goals against Werribee before the bye.

Sam Naismith continues to wait for his chance at the top level, having dominated in all three VFL rounds Richmond have played this season.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2024-round-7-team-tips-predicted-sides-squads-latest-team-changes-news-ins-and-outs-injuries-supercoach/news-story/d3255a3ac6bfc01f2778f1bb6335e6af

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2024, 01:59:11 AM »
No to Grimes coming in for me. Pickett and Macca and Kosi out to. Ryan and Naismith in also.

Yze inherited a train wreck players in decline and kids given lack of opportunity and then dealt the injuries. We just got to look for green shoots every week.