Author Topic: 2024 AFL draft  (Read 30112 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: 2024 AFL draft
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2024, 07:23:02 PM »
Read somewhere that he is a local Richmond lad. Can anyone confirm this? If so no go home factor is a plus.
What if he wants to play for Richmond Centrals
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2024, 01:09:02 PM »
Jagga Smith is playing in our VFL side this weekend.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2024, 01:41:02 PM »
That will be one to watch

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2024, 02:52:23 PM »
Who played with us last year? Think Harley Reid played for the Scum's VFL side...Oliver played with us in his draft year as well.....can't remember if Heppell played or just trained...obviously didn't impress.. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2024, 03:01:21 PM »
Who played with us last year? Think Harley Reid played for the Scum's VFL side...Oliver played with us in his draft year as well.....can't remember if Heppell played or just trained...obviously didn't impress.. :shh

Cant complain about Heppell as we did get Conca...................

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2024, 03:33:54 PM »

Cant complain about Heppell as we did get Conca...................

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2024, 11:32:48 PM »

This is really telling, hope the lad goes well.
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2024, 01:08:28 AM »

Not necessarily  - Oliver played with us when we were no chance of getting him ....Harley Reid played for Scumbaggers VFL last year and there was no chance he was going anywhere but West Coast or Norf who both still contending for the wooden spoon)... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2024, 12:30:53 PM »

Not necessarily  - Oliver played with us when we were no chance of getting him ....Harley Reid played for Scumbaggers VFL last year and there was no chance he was going anywhere but West Coast or Norf who both still contending for the wooden spoon)... :shh

We can always invite whoever we want down but with number 1 pick or number 2 pick it has far more meaning, and allows us to see the possible drafted players more closely. We were never going to pick up Oliver and Reid was always going Pick 1 or 2. The fact we have invited / allowed Jagga to play is a great sign we are looking at him and going to get a better look by having him in our VFL side.
Go Tigers!

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2024, 02:19:06 PM »
We need to make sure that whoever we draft, with whatever pick, isn’t afraid of physicality and contact.
Having Samson and Dow in the side yesterday, 2 guys who are scared to crack in, just highlights some really poor recruiting. We need guys who want to embrace the contact and crack in and tackle.
I’d be comfortable to put a line through these 2.

Tom Brown as well hasn’t shown much physicality, he’s a big boy. Hopefully another pre season will do him some good and he can have a big year next year, but at this stage Brown hasn’t done anything for about 3 months

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2024, 02:38:53 PM »

We can always invite whoever we want down but with number 1 pick or number 2 pick it has far more meaning, and allows us to see the possible drafted players more closely. We were never going to pick up Oliver and Reid was always going Pick 1 or 2. The fact we have invited / allowed Jagga to play is a great sign we are looking at him and going to get a better look by having him in our VFL side.

Could be wrong but pretty sure the AFL designates players to clubs, we don't invite them ourselves... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2024, 05:05:53 PM »
I’m on board the Jagga train.

Smilie couldn’t even make All Aus.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2024, 05:13:41 PM »
Reminds me of a young O'Meara  before the injuries ruined him....would still prefer Lalor or O'Sullivan though... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2024, 05:54:15 PM »
I just like the name Jagga. Having 30 in your first VFL game is pretty impressive too.

That's more of a reason to draft him than anyone else we've recruited recently
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2024, 06:01:12 PM »
I just like the name Jagga. Having 30 in your first VFL game is pretty impressive too.

That's more of a reason to draft him than anyone else we've recruited recently

You just wanna sing Maroon 5 at the game... :shh

- Thomas Sowell