Author Topic: 2024 AFL draft  (Read 31299 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: 2024 AFL draft
« Reply #240 on: August 26, 2024, 07:41:08 PM »
Still reckon this bloke's a smokey for pick 1....regarded by many as the most "Dusty-like" player in the draft, the club has apparently been very keen on him for some time , whether or not that's with our first or second pick(which will likely also be top 10 and possibly top 5 after trades) is another matter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMQdyqQXeS8

Unfortunately no sound on the source broadcast.

Just when I think the race for pick 1 couldn't get any messier, we get a performance like this from Lalor.  As powerful and dynamic a contested game as I've seen this year.  He won his own footy at stoppage, took contested intercept marks around the ground, layed bumps and tackles.  He was an unstoppable beast all game, although his kicking was a little more wayward than usual.

:shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #241 on: August 26, 2024, 07:43:59 PM »
I feel like if we had Lalor as a lock with our second pick, I’d rather take Jagga first.
Such a tricky draft. Lalor looks impressive but fos has more potential imo.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #242 on: August 26, 2024, 07:46:38 PM »
Get 3 off the Eagles somehow

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #243 on: August 26, 2024, 11:08:49 PM »
I remember Dusty and Deledio drafts. They are hard to pick. Lids and Tambling were huge stand out juniors and I remember interviewed as good as any. We thought we hit jackpot with Tambling. Buddy, no surprise didn't interview that well so rest is history.

Dusty was a completely different player to Scully. And Scully was electrifying as a kid. Trengove was tauted as a 300 game future captain. Predictions will be wrong.

I don't think Lalor will go 1, he is behind FOS from Vic Country stand point. Metro were better side and had Jagga and Reid dominating. So I think Lalor slides. Id take Jagga however I think FOS may end up being much better, Jagga is a real safe selection at 1. Bit like Sam Walsh. There was Rankine, Rozzee Butters and Bailey Smith who all looked X factor like. Walsh was right pick at 1. I get same feels with Jagga.

I'm more excited about who can slide to at least 1 of Freos first rounders which would include for Baker. Who knows where Shai ends up. If we get Pick 10 for Baker Lalor could slide. Or if we get Pick 15, the two key forwards may be there in Armstrong or Whitlock who are very talented Key Forwards.

Draft combine will be fascinating .
Go Tigers!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #244 on: August 26, 2024, 11:30:50 PM »
Geez there are some decent kids in this draft.

Im warming to Draper at 1 but boy id give my right arm to get say pick 6 and 9. 6 would go on one of Smillie or Lalor depending which one is still there then id use pick 9 on the badly needed kpf in Armstrong.

So we get a classy inside out small mid and then we get a quality bull at 6. Round out the top 10 picks with a kpf.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #245 on: August 27, 2024, 08:04:13 PM »
Geez there are some decent kids in this draft.

Im warming to Draper at 1 but boy id give my right arm to get say pick 6 and 9. 6 would go on one of Smillie or Lalor depending which one is still there then id use pick 9 on the badly needed kpf in Armstrong.

So we get a classy inside out small mid and then we get a quality bull at 6. Round out the top 10 picks with a kpf.

This draft is stacked. I can't see how we don't get Picks 6, 9 and 10 for Shai and Daniel. Possibly even Pick 15 from GC as well. Id offer to pay wages to get these picks done.

Pick 1, 6, 9, 10, 15, 19.

Insane hand in a strong draft.

Id try to ensure 1 of those teen selections is either Armstrong or Whitlock. Best key forwards of draft. Pick 10 they def will be there. Pick 15 maybe 1 buy unlikely both. So id take one with pick 10.

Picks 1, 6 and 9.
We could possibly have all 3 Metro boys in Jagga, Smillie and Reid. Incredible get.

My phantom draft

1. Ashcroft (Lions)
2. Smith (Tigers)
3. Trainor (Roos - no defenders so he goes earlier than expected)
4. O'Sullivan (Eagles. Gun. Could go 1 and then Smith goes to Eagles. My worry for WCE is 2 absolute star Victorians on their list. They'd be nervous about that. They could downgrade their pick and get Bo Allen as the best WA kid at low teens)
5. Draper (Crows like WCE always pick best local boys)
6. Langford/Smillie (Dees - With Petrecca and Oliver on ropes there is no way they pass either of these two boys up. Combine may determine. But Larke medalist Langford would be hard to pass up but Smillie was touter as pick 1 all year).
7. Smillie/Langford (Tigers - Id be hoping for Smillie personally but if he goes earlier Langford should be their. Reid and Lalor would be perfect too).
8. Lalor (Saints have been big on him. Won't get passed 7)
9. Allen/Reid (Dons who knows who these idiots pick. I hope they pass on Reid and he gets to us at 9. We'd be laughing if he gets to 10. Allen (Tigers - Could one day trade him for FOS or Harley Reid lol, he id love Murphy Reid to slide. We may look to read rip to get him. He's way better than Allen)
11. Armstrong (Tigers Best fwd in draft)
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #246 on: August 27, 2024, 08:09:43 PM »
There's no way we'll pass up Lalor in that scenario if he's still there at our second pick -which is a big if- and we may even pull the trigger on him with our first.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #247 on: August 27, 2024, 08:34:58 PM »

Not that hard.
Trade Bolton for Freo's 9 and 10.
Trade Baker and 10 for WC 3.

Before you say its impossible.
3 is worth 2234
10 is worth 1395
Difference is 839 = pick 22 or 23
So rates Baker at pick 22. More than fair

ATM WC have only 3, 23 and 59
They would have 10, 23, 59, Baker
In this years draft 10 may well be as good a player as 3.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #248 on: August 27, 2024, 08:41:31 PM »

Not that hard.

3 is worth 2234
10 is worth 1395

baker pick 22 which is likely 26? Terrible deal for us in every way.

watch schulz and tell me if baker is worth 26.

pick 10 will be a very good player so that deal in this draft shouldnt see the light of day.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #249 on: August 27, 2024, 08:51:13 PM »

Not that hard.

3 is worth 2234
10 is worth 1395

I'd be offering Baker + R2 + Graham for P3.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #250 on: August 27, 2024, 08:58:56 PM »
Graham goes for free to WC as an unrestricted free agent so ignore him.

WC as I said have only 3 and 23.
As a straight swap for WC they would have to split pick 3 to make an offer for Baker. Why not do it for them.
My example was only to show it was relatively easy to get pick 3.
We could bundle any pick (we will have maybe 13, 20 or 26 as GC picks or our own 21)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #251 on: August 27, 2024, 09:16:42 PM »
Depends how keen on Vic boys for WA. Trading out pick 3 at their stage of a rebuild would be absolutely madness.
Go Tigers!

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #252 on: August 27, 2024, 09:21:00 PM »
Likely to offer 12 that they may get for Barass from Hawthorn

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #253 on: August 27, 2024, 09:23:06 PM »
Very true
Go Tigers!

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #254 on: August 27, 2024, 09:47:09 PM »
Graham goes for free to WC as an unrestricted free agent so ignore him.

WC as I said have only 3 and 23.
As a straight swap for WC they would have to split pick 3 to make an offer for Baker. Why not do it for them.
My example was only to show it was relatively easy to get pick 3.
We could bundle any pick (we will have maybe 13, 20 or 26 as GC picks or our own 21)

I mean the compo.

I doubt AFL will give us R2 for him - they'll screw us hard like they did with Ellis.

Might be end of R2, but if we're lucky and it's an R2 so we have 2 picks in the mid 20's I wonder if WCE would take Baker + say 24 + 25 (approx) for 3.

Then they'd have 3 picks in the 20's to play around with.

Elsewise if they get 12 they might offer than for Baker, or be more inclined to trade 3 with currency coming back to them since they're still in the 1st round.