Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024  (Read 33668 times)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024
« Reply #165 on: July 31, 2024, 06:50:55 PM »
The idea of all these top 20 picks is making me think of the unbelievably successful 2004 draft.

AT is scared

Let's not forget the 2021 successful draft that has thus far delivered us sfa, with brown looking the best accompanied by a few duds.

Well 4 picks under 20 will definitely deliver more success than that draft

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2024, 07:03:15 PM »
The idea of all these top 20 picks is making me think of the unbelievably successful 2004 draft.

AT is scared

Let's not forget the 2021 successful draft that has thus far delivered us sfa, with brown looking the best accompanied by a few duds.

We had pick 20 in 2004 to go along with 4 more in the top 16... :shh

I want high picks too but I bloody hope our recruiters have their contacts in this year
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2024, 07:15:30 PM »

AT is scared

We had pick 20 in 2004 to go along with 4 more in the top 16... :shh

I want high picks too but I bloody hope our recruiters have their contacts in this year

Yes this trade any half decent player we have for a haul of draft picks is destined to fail. The top20 is littered with duds every single year. I’d also like to see some examples of a club drafting 5 good-great players in a single draft and even if that can provided it would certainly be the exception not the rule.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2024, 07:24:30 PM »

AT is scared

Are you 100% sure? I'm not. Thomson Dow was pick 18 and injury prone gibcus pick 8. At this stage I'd say both flops.

4 under 10 which is what I would expect to receive to facilitate those trades is good value . Bolton has been a match winner.

Lachie Schultz is currently a pick 6-8 and another second rounder current 22-24. That is what pies paid, let's not even go down what we paid for hopper and you quickly understand why 2 first rounders is not enough as they have to be early rounders.

Has anyone looked at north, and how pathetic they become which has a lot to do with getting rid of all the older players.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2024, 07:35:25 PM »
Bolton will apparently pursue a trade to WA.

really? Source?

Just curious, it certainly isn't what his management is saying
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2024, 07:40:41 PM »

This trade just has to get done IMO.

Freo has Collingwods and Ports picks, currently 7th and 12th.

Take those two and run IMO.

Bolton won't be in our next premeriship team. He isnt as good as the media makes him out to be and certainly isnt a guy to build a team around.. he's a cream on the top player as I said 2 years ago. Trade him and load up on this draft. With Baker going too thats 4 picks under 20. Get it done

Inclined to agree. You've been on the money with this one all along.

But is 7+12 enough? They'll slide.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: July 31, 2024, 07:41:14 PM »
If we get 1 and split it we could have maybe 3x top 10 and another possibly around 15.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #172 on: July 31, 2024, 07:43:15 PM »
7 years @ 10.5 million :o
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #173 on: July 31, 2024, 08:07:00 PM »

really? Source?

TIGER WANTS OUT, STAR ‘OPEN’ TO LEAVING TOO

Richmond could heavily accelerate its rebuild this trade period with Daniel Rioli keen to play for Gold Coast and Shai Bolton open to a move to Fremantle.

Nine’s Tom Morris reported Rioli’s current “preference” is to reunite with former coach Damien Hardwick at the Suns in 2025.

Rioli is contracted for another three years but the 27-year-old may be in the right bracket of player Richmond looks to trade out to gain draft assets.

That’s exactly what the Suns have to offer, as they own three first-round picks - their own (currently 6), the Bulldogs’ pick (currently 11) and North Melbourne’s second end-of-first-round special assistance pick (currently 20) - and two second-round picks, their own and Hawthorn’s.

“We know Gold Coast would love to bring in Daniel Rioli on a long-term deal, and I can tell you tonight Rioli would also like to get to the Gold Coast Suns,” Morris said on Wednesday night.

“His preference at this stage is to play for the Suns in 2025, where he’ll reunite with Damien Hardwick. The pair remain close and lived together for a couple of years.

“And he’s precisely the sort of player Hardwick wants to bring in; the stumbling point is Richmond, which has him signed for another three years and could shut the trade down immediately. But in October Gold Coast will be armed with three draft picks in the top 20 which will surely tempt the Tigers.”

Meanwhile 25-year-old Bolton, arguably the best player on the Tigers’ list, appears willing to head back home to the west.

“Bolton is keen on a move to Fremantle and, like the Suns, the Dockers have lots of draft picks to offer him,” Morris said on Wednesday night.

Fremantle owns three first-round picks - its own, Port Adelaide’s and Collingwood’s - to help satisfy the Tigers in a deal.

“Freo is still chasing him,” AFL Media’s Cal Twomey said on Gettable this week.

“And he wants to get back to Western Australia. He will pursue this.

“Four years to run on his deal, but the Tigers, again, are in control of this one.

“But the Dockers have picks. It comes down to this big call: Do you do it now while the club that he might want to get to has the selections to appease?

“And is that appealing enough to make it happen? How deep do you cut? That is still a watch.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2024-trade-news-rumours-whispers-geelong-melbourne-interest-in-jake-waterman-daniel-rioli-to-gold-coast-shai-bolton-to-fremantle/news-story/760dd53809f23476130a69b766f98289

not really a source, more of a dud source but this was written today.

why would he meet them if he is not interested? :shh
« Last Edit: August 01, 2024, 12:31:09 AM by one-eyed »

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: July 31, 2024, 08:11:42 PM »
Do it now.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #175 on: July 31, 2024, 08:26:48 PM »

really? Source?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2024-trade-news-rumours-whispers-geelong-melbourne-interest-in-jake-waterman-daniel-rioli-to-gold-coast-shai-bolton-to-fremantle/news-story/760dd53809f23476130a69b766f98289

TBH Frankie, I don't really care if he stays or if he goes

For the $$$ he is on (has to be one our hihgest paid players now) his output this season has been mediocre at best

As I said to someone at work the other week "Shai is all duck or no dinner". When he is one he is brilliant when he is off he is woeful

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #176 on: July 31, 2024, 09:11:22 PM »
Potting the recruiters for Gibcus injuries and calling him a flop is a stretch

I’d say he’s shown a lot when out there .. more than justified pick 8

Recruiters can’t be blamed for unlucky injuries

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #177 on: July 31, 2024, 09:34:37 PM »

Report also says Dan Rioli wants out to get to the GC and Dimma

While as I said I'm not fussed about Shai going or staying I would be peeved if Dan Rioli goes. Club has done so much for him over the years.

Just my take but IMHO Club needs to make a stand on at least one of them and not trade. They are both contracted so the Club holds the aces here

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: July 31, 2024, 10:24:27 PM »

Report also says Dan Rioli wants out to get to the GC and Dimma

While as I said I'm not fussed about Shai going or staying I would be peeved if Dan Rioli goes. Club has done so much for him over the years.

Just my take but IMHO Club needs to make a stand on at least one of them and not trade. They are both contracted so the Club holds the aces here

100% agree on this. We can't be letting players just walk out of contracts. Dan is the one that would really annoy me more than Bolton who let's be honest is playing like he has checked out.

We also have MrJ to deal with and if Dan goes then chances are we lose MrJ as well pretty soon.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: July 31, 2024, 10:53:08 PM »
Bolton can go.

Sad about Baker and Rioli if they go. Need their leadership.

They're two blokes I actually wanted for captaincy.