Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024  (Read 57896 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024
« Reply #720 on: October 09, 2024, 09:57:13 AM »
yze knows that he is colatteral damage should this trade period not go our way. Every top pick is vital and he knows it.

late picks are useless IMO for us, unless traded for earlier ones.

Dimma you blood sucking flog, fancing stuffing us over again after the last trades he left us with.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #721 on: October 09, 2024, 10:28:14 AM »
Be interesting what Lions accept for Pick 20.

They will want more points but be interesting for journos to do some work and find out historically what clubs have accepted for points gathering. Do they get 1.5x what they give up.

Meaning would we expect for Lions to give up pick 20 (900) points and expect about 1300-1400 that of points from late picks. They would not be interested in trading a first rounder for a small increase in points of late picks.

I think trading 4 picks equalling 1379 points for Pick 20 which is worth 912 points is more than workable for both parties.

Pick 20 (912 points)
For
Pick 42, 43, 45, 51 (1379 points)

Means we keep pick 32 and 61.

Heard a good point that this would be the last trade we do, as if we don't get the trade deals done for the 3 boys we leave ourselves we bugger all picks. As we would have picks 1, 23, 32 left.

Expect to get a pick for Baker tho.

But I think those 4 points to Lions would be what we can expect to trade.
Go Tigers!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #722 on: October 09, 2024, 10:34:54 AM »

They will want more points but be interesting for journos to do some work and find out historically what clubs have accepted for points gathering. Do they get 1.5x what they give up.

Meaning would we expect for Lions to give up pick 20 (900) points and expect about 1300-1400 that of points from late picks. They would not be interested in trading a first rounder for a small increase in points of late picks.

I think trading 4 picks equalling 1379 points for Pick 20 which is worth 912 points is more than workable for both parties.

Pick 20 (912 points)
For

Heard a good point that this would be the last trade we do, as if we don't get the trade deals done for the 3 boys we leave ourselves we bugger all picks. As we would have picks 1, 23, 32 left.

Historically I've seen clubs accepting a 400-500pt profit but obviously that depends on who's bidding.

The trade you suggesting is a very viable option and allows us to keep 32, which we should.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #723 on: October 09, 2024, 11:34:32 AM »

Pick 20 (912 points)
For

I’ve had a look and the premium varies widely but generally sits between 1.4 - 1.6
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #724 on: October 09, 2024, 11:53:15 AM »
Yeah right, expected it to be around that. I'd think those 4 picks for pick 20 are pretty fair. Collingwood luckily would see pick 52 become 48 with those picks extinguishing. Would be a few more around that mark with other picks needed to be cashed in for points with GC and Carl. Lions will need more than that for Marshall as well. Be interesting if the would trade their future first for our Picks 24 and 32.
Go Tigers!

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #725 on: October 09, 2024, 01:26:53 PM »
This is the super draft forget about tradition and it's a sellers market, sell our picks starting from 70 and up until we have a 300 point bonus (about 1200 points) the offer that to Brisbane if they want more the it will be

pick 20 plus next year's 2nd ect.

Up to pick 43 it is 1150 if they want pick 42 then it will be their next year's 2nd, if they want pick 32 then we ask for next year's 1st rounder and we give them our next years 3rd rounder. (that is 990 points = pick 18) a

fair deal for all.

They get all our points up to pick 32 and our next years 3rd rounder we get pick 20 plus their next years 1st and 2nd rounder.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #726 on: October 09, 2024, 01:38:07 PM »
This is the super draft forget about tradition and it's a sellers market, sell our picks starting from 70 and up until we have a 300 point bonus (about 1200 points) the offer that to Brisbane if they want more the it will be

pick 20 plus next year's 2nd ect.

Up to pick 43 it is 1150 if they want pick 42 then it will be their next year's 2nd, if they want pick 32 then we ask for next year's 1st rounder and we give them our next years 3rd rounder. (that is 990 points = pick 18) a

fair deal for all.

They get all our points up to pick 32 and our next years 3rd rounder we get pick 20 plus their next years 1st and 2nd rounder.

My opinion is that it will take all of picks 42, 43, 45, 51, 61, 70 just to get Brisbane's P20. That gives them a 641 point surplus to contribute to Ashcroft.

If they get an early bid on Ashcroft and need more points to match we can trade them 32 but would need a future pick coming back, but F1 is likely too much and F2 likely too little. But if they are desperate they may agree.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #727 on: October 09, 2024, 02:13:45 PM »
Why do we give them a massive surplus in a super draft year?

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #728 on: October 09, 2024, 04:38:16 PM »
To give them the points to get Ashcroft and for us to use up picks we are unlikely to want or be able to use and consolidate those picks into something of value in the top 20
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #729 on: October 09, 2024, 04:50:59 PM »
Yeah have to give surplus. Why would they trade out a good pick for 5 poo ones at same value
Go Tigers!

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #730 on: October 09, 2024, 10:04:54 PM »
They are doing an auction, whoever pays the most will get the pick ,

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #731 on: October 09, 2024, 10:13:03 PM »
Even if we miss out we can still bid on Ashcroft on the night regardless and we'll still have leverage to threaten or screw over Gold Coast with a bid on Lombard if they screw us over with Rioli. Should bid on Kako as well. Bulk later picks to do trades & swaps with. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #732 on: October 09, 2024, 10:20:27 PM »
If we don’t trade with lions for a favourable outcome for us then we absolutely have to bid on Ashcroft. Garauntee if we do trade with them then we’ll also ‘deem’ Ashcroft not worthy of a bid at pick 1 that will save the lions additional points wink wink hush hush.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #733 on: October 09, 2024, 10:22:05 PM »
Yeah have to give surplus. Why would they trade out a good pick for 5 poo ones at same value

We would give a surplus of 250 points which is almost  half of what they need for Marshall.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #734 on: October 10, 2024, 05:38:43 PM »
Call me impatient but I did not expect to go into Friday with not 1 single trade bring done, not 1 trade even being close.

Baker not being seems fairly clear that it hinger on Hawks package. Can't see him going into pre season draft.

Bolton one is odd in that Freo are closest to premiership window, underachieved this year and have a gaping hole in the mid/fwd role with Walters finished and no replacement for Schultz from last year. The price has been set, poor as from Freo to try and get Bolton for cheap or at worst at value when he's contracted and we can easily refuse to deal. People ask why we expect overs is because these players were more than good enough to sign on a decent contract. We don't have an intention to trade them even at fair value. Come and pay up or don't waste time with bids that aren't good enough.

Rioli the same. GC have a history of paying overs, what a surprise it comes to a trade with Richmond and don't pay the asking price. Same as Bolton you want to take our contracted wanted player. Pay overs and stop wasting time. Stop holding out just pay up. I do think Pick 6 and 23 is fair even those their history suggest they would accept 6 and 13.

Frustrating to say the least but will cop that I'm being impatient.

My other question to Hartley would be, are we trying to trade anyone in? How haven't we done the Lions points picks yet? We have no back up ruckman? Naismith has retired and Nank is an injury prone 30yo. Surely we are in talks for a 2nd string ruck? What about KP forward? Lynch injury, Lefau knee, are we talking to any young KP forward who isn't getting a go? Who is the key forward behind McKay and Curnow. Who is the fwd behind Cameron Hawkins and Henry? Surely there is someone decent out there we can chase moneyball style.

Go Tigers!