Author Topic: Which former Tiger would you take back?  (Read 478 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Which former Tiger would you take back?
« on: February 09, 2024, 12:39:46 AM »
SEN says Tyson Stengle.

Tyson Stengle

There is no doubting Tyson Stengle’s ability.

That was the case when he was at Richmond back in 2017 and 2018, but he just wasn’t able to break into a strong side that won a flag and made a prelim in those two seasons.

After he was traded back home to Adelaide, where he ran into some off-field drama, the penny finally dropped.

He became a premiership player with Geelong in an All-Australian, 57-goal season in his first year with Geelong, proving he possesses the enormous ability that was first recognised at Punt Road.

While his form did somewhat drop off in 2023, he still kicked 27 goals and provided 12 goal assists, which would have ranked third and equal fifth respectively at Tigerland last year.

The current Tigers are crying out for a quality small forward and the Stengle of today would be the perfect player to fill the void.

- Andrew Slevison

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/02/07/the-former-player-each-afl-club-would-take-back-in-a-heartbeat/

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Which former Tiger would you take back?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 11:32:03 AM »
I’m sure every St Kilda fan is absolutely ecstatic about Dan Butler joining their club for peanuts.

To make matters worse , he always plays well against the Tigers .

I still pains me to see Chol running around with other clubs - he was such a ready made replacement for Jack and addressed a massive problem with our list .

Now we have been forced to rummage through the bargain basement bins to get a Koschitzke- who Kingy said after the viewing the intra club- struggles to hold on to a chest mark .
Unleash the tornado

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2024, 03:40:45 PM »
I’m sure every St Kilda fan is absolutely ecstatic about Dan Butler joining their club for peanuts.

I still pains me to see Chol running around with other clubs - he was such a ready made replacement for Jack and addressed a massive problem with our list .

Now we have been forced to rummage through the bargain basement bins to get a Koschitzke- who Kingy said after the viewing the intra club- struggles to hold on to a chest mark .

Neither of them Chol is a lucky dip you don't know what you going to get from him and Buter goes missing in games still has that issue. Wouldn't take anything with a grain of salt from King.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2024, 06:30:16 PM »
Towner & Beanie... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2024, 07:02:15 PM »
For me it’s always been Billy Barrot

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2024, 07:27:30 PM »

Chol doesn’t have the contested marking skills to be anywhere near jacks replacement. His marking in general is suspect. He didn’t cement his place in a very lacklustre suns side and was traded for a late second rounder. I really don’t think that’s the guy we should be thinking as ‘the one that got away’.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2024, 07:34:57 PM »
Geoff Raines and Cloke hurt the most but I reckon we missed Lambert as much as anyone

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2024, 08:17:22 PM »
I'd take Butler too

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2024, 09:20:22 PM »
Stuart Maxfield and Jason Torney

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2024, 10:09:16 PM »
Brad ottens :(