Author Topic: "Consistent, aggressive, exciting": What Gale wants to see in new Yze era (SEN)  (Read 639 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Benny Gale on SEN.

LISTEN HERE: https://megaphone.link/NTETP7168934434

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

“CONSISTENT, AGGRESSIVE, EXCITING”: WHAT TIGERS CHIEF WANTS TO SEE IN NEW ERA UNDER YZE

By Andrew Slevison
SEN
28 Jan 2024

Richmond CEO Brendon Gale says there is an air of optimism at Punt Road ahead of the new AFL season.

The Tigers have entered a new era under Adem Yze following the departure of Damien Hardwick in May last year after a successful spell which delivered three premierships.

Yze has brought with him from Melbourne strong football knowledge, an innate technical understanding of the game and a freshness not seen at the club for some time.

Gale is excited about the new regime and what it can do to help the playing group achieve success in 2024 and beyond.

“It’s really positive and optimistic,” Gale said on SEN Mornings.

“With success over the recent years comes that level of expectation to back up year after year, and sometimes that has its own weight.

“With Damien finishing up last year, in what I thought upon reflection were fantastic circumstances, we just both walked away and were so thankful of each other and the contribution he made.

“But it’s a new broom. We’ve got Adem, new personnel, a new approach. I’ve known no different than Damien so a new coach is a big change.

“Clearly he (Yze) has missed out on a few opportunities previously and he’s (now) got his chance. He brings great experience of the game, great technical capability, but incredible enthusiasm and excitement.

“I think that really rubs off on everyone and through the whole place. We feel really good.”

When entering a new dawn its generally difficult to forecast what the future holds.

With that in mind, Gale was asked if it’s tricky to set expectations for Yze’s first season in charge.

“It is,” he replied.

What he does want to see, however, is a clear pathway forward set out by Yze and his coaching staff that the playing group understands.

“The frustrating thing at times last year were clearly we’ve played a very clear system of football that’s been understood by our players and they’ve been able to deliver that with great success,” Gale continued.

“Our fans understand the way we play and the way we should play. There were times last year when we were sort of unrecognisable, to be frank.

“We want to get back to playing a consistent, aggressive, exciting brand of footy, with aggressive ball movement in taking the game on.

“I think consistency and excitement is something we want to see this year.

“Where that takes us, who knows?”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/01/27/consistent-aggressive-exciting-what-tigers-chief-wants-to-see-in-new-era/

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Benny Gale on SEN.

When entering a new dawn its generally difficult to forecast what the future holds.

With that in mind, Gale was asked if it’s tricky to set expectations for Yze’s first season in charge.

“It is,” he replied.

What he does want to see, however, is a clear pathway forward set out by Yze and his coaching staff that the playing group understands.

“The frustrating thing at times last year were clearly we’ve played a very clear system of football that’s been understood by our players and they’ve been able to deliver that with great success,” Gale continued.

“Our fans understand the way we play and the way we should play. There were times last year when we were sort of unrecognisable, to be frank.

“We want to get back to playing a consistent, aggressive, exciting brand of footy, with aggressive ball movement in taking the game on.

“I think consistency and excitement is something we want to see this year.

“Where that takes us, who knows?”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/01/27/consistent-aggressive-exciting-what-tigers-chief-wants-to-see-in-new-era/

So far not so great. Haven't seen any of it.

Who are we now?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
I reckon we cut our losses
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
We are consistent.   :shh